Pig Hunting Pics only open if your into pigging.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JUNGLE-JAK

Reaction score
alright, ive seen a few people into piggin here so here are some pics of our last hunt. the pic with the guy and bow is my dad.

by the way , i put this on here because we saw 2 brown snakes and a carpet python which waas in our camp

Attachments

• Hunting Trip - Zac.jpg
    Hunting Trip - Zac.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 861
  • Pig Hunting Trip  Oct 05.jpg
    Pig Hunting Trip Oct 05.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 700
  • Derek Hunitng Trip Oct 05 2.jpg
    Derek Hunitng Trip Oct 05 2.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:
Love to go pig hunting
nice pics mate the last time I went was wen I was 16
In new Zealand with my dad and his bros

Hope you know that it is still illegal to use dogs to get pigs, your only allowed finders not holders. If i posted a photo of snake hitting live rat id get slaughtered but you post a picture of a vicious dog attacking a pig. Other than that the photo of your dad is great only way to hunt them in my book at least you give your game a sporting chance unlike guns that you can shoot from 100 yards or dogs that catch pig for you at least with bow you do the hard yards and sneak to within stones throw shows your dad is truly a hunter and not just a good shot

yeah the one of the dog was my mates, ive never used a dog for hunting but thats the only way my dads mate does, i just put up that pic because its a good pig (12cm tusks)

oh and no one complain its cruel because it says in the title dont open unless your into it.

and wright python theyre called luggers and bailers. you figure out which is which.

ive got plenty of mates that dog pigs and they call them finders (usually kelpie crosses or jack russels) they bark to alert hunters where pig and dogs are and holders (ridge back cross dane etc) that hold pigs down or atleast still so they can be wheelbarrowed flipped and despatched. RSPCA who are trying to get it completly banned because it is illegal to corner or trap animal by use of dog and they class them as finders (legal) and holders (illegal)

oh and no one complain its cruel because it says in the title dont open unless your into it.

That's as silly as me saying "Don't open this unless you're into snakes being lit on fire".

I'm staying out of the dog and pigging debate as I have pretty stubborn views but that comment was a little...

But on another note - do you eat the pigs? If not, what on earth do you do with them :p

Feed them to the dogs or use it for bait to catch more pigs :)

Man have I had some pigg'n trips :p I only have videos, will try and find some photos soon :p My mate and his dad's record is 54 pigs in 1 hour, the dogs just about died of heat stroke! We go pigg'n in gerogetown where my mate lives, on the holidays after we get our P's we will be up in Georgetown every waking out of our free time! Also my mate lives in weipa and he and his dad go bow hunting too. Look out for big bulls! There are some of those up there too!

ive got plenty of mates that dog pigs and they call them finders (usually kelpie crosses or jack russels) they bark to alert hunters where pig and dogs are and holders (ridge back cross dane etc) that hold pigs down or atleast still so they can be wheelbarrowed flipped and despatched. RSPCA who are trying to get it completly banned because it is illegal to corner or trap animal by use of dog and they class them as finders (legal) and holders (illegal)

RSPCA also want to ban hunting completely. they should spend their time on better things like actually helping animals

that photo of the dog doesn't look like a vicious dog attacking a pig to me at all, it's a dog 'retrieving' the pig taken down by a hunter

the dog doesn't look vicious in any way it actually looks pretty relaxed, also you can see the drag marks in the mud.

....and props to your Dad, nothing like walking the scrub with a bow

why cant u use a dog when pig hunting ? pigs are a pest and can have multiple litters a year and destroy the environment these plenty to be killed, thats my opinion

Ohhhh where Angels fear to tread........
There are specific breeds that I know of(probably ones I dont)that were bred for bear, bull and pig hunting some of them were Mastiffs, boxers and bull terriers to name a few. There will always be those fore and against, I dont hunt with dogs any longer simply because I retired from it and handed my team over to my Son(he was 13 at the time) I will say from my own personal experience that to say hunting with dogs is easy and they "do all the work/face all the danger" can only be stated by some-one that has either never done it themselves or have gone with unskilled hunters/dogs. I only ever lost one of my team from an injury and that was due to vet negligence. Never were my dogs forced onto a pig they were bred for the purpose because at the time it was our living and our sport we worked as a team meaning I was there with ties to grab, roll and tie the pig up ready to pick up dress and deliver to the box(cold storage unit for overseas market)this was in the early 80's through to the mid 90's even then it was in our best interest to a)look after our dogs b)Make sure the pigs were not too banged up/ if they were they could get rejected by the box thus wasted.... To me at the time there was no greater thrill than seeing the dogs I bred hunt and work with me doing what they were "bred" to do. I will also say that the protective gear available for "pigging dogs" is fantastic nowdays. Uhmmm interesting bit of info, I have seen many "cattle" dogs/Bulls/cattle just as banged up as pig dogs/pigs get(talking about contract mustering/bull catching etc) I have seen Horses(been on one)gored out mustering from cattle. I dont personally condone killling and wasting animals but I do appreciate hunting for a purpose and it being done as skillfully as possible. I also appreciate how important and valuable "working" dogs are as for most of my adult life they have always been like a work mate and best friend. Dogs/horses have been needed by us for centuries to assist us, are police dogs/ horses any less at risk? I hear quite a bit where police dogs "catch" a feral human at times getting hurt in the process(they are also bred for their job) I understand there are "bitumen hunters"(like bitumen cowboys)who give the industry/sport a bad name and they are irresponsible/negligent with their dogs and the feral pigs. However there are those who do the right thing too, my vet who I used for 16/17 years actually volunteered to stand up for me if I ever had a do gooder file a complaint against me with the RSPCA I will also admit that I still shoot feral pigs, as cleanly as possible. They are a pest is it very sporting? NUP but they are damaging to many of our flora/fauna and reptiles(eggs in nests etc) gees I could go on all night... Climbing off my soap box and waiting for the axes to fall where they may, these are just my opinions and facts as I have personally experienced them :)
Crystal

RSPCA also want to ban hunting completely. they should spend their time on better things like actually helping animals

seems like the RSPCA is getting a bit too much like PETA with their crazy notions that no animal should be harmed in any way, even if it is a feral pest, next they'll be telling us eating meat is a terribly cruel practice.. and honestly if animals didn't want to be killed for their meat then they shouldn't be so god damn tasty..

that said i have little to no problem with using dogs on pigs provided its done right, by making sure you despatch caught pigs as quickly as possible, not using untrained dogs that have no idea or that just want to tear the pig up and ultimately ensuring your dogs safety..

wow the word 'hypocrites' just popped into my head for some strange reason

wonder why

so many people claim they are 'pig hunters' when really they only go away once a year,
and no it is not illegal in one way, maybe against the site rules? but it is no illegal in australia, they are feral pest and if they wernt hunted they would be everywhere like they are in the states

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back