New Scrubby needs a name! (pics)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sniper" cos trust me they can hit their mark from a long range. Btw I was your age when I got my Scrubby and I'm still here with no scars yet(touch wood). Good luck and keep ya wits about ya and you should be fine. Ps, don't do what Chewy did and feed it your boxers lol, sorry Chewy.....

Maybe keep it in line with a recent thread and call it Chewy

Although I like Amy
In keeping with when we called scrubbies Amethystine Pythons
[much nicer name]

Dont worry about negative comments
Its only young like you
Maybe it will grow fast but so will your experience
No need to get tagged
Just be a bit more careful than with a childreni
Learn to read its signals and youll be fine
One tip an old bushy told me
Watch males near breeding season
Most unpredictable at that time

Maybe keep it in line with a recent thread and call it Chewy

Although I like Amy
In keeping with when we called scrubbies Amethystine Pythons
[much nicer name]

Dont worry about negative comments
Its only young like you
Maybe it will grow fast but so will your experience
No need to get tagged
Just be a bit more careful than with a childreni
Learn to read its signals and youll be fine
One tip an old bushy told me
Watch males near breeding season
Most unpredictable at that time

My thoughts exactly Longqi, They get a rep as a big bad python but that is not always the case. Just look at Jungle's, some will bite repeatedly and others will happily be handled from hatchling to adult. As you said it will grow, as will his knowledge. My Scrubby has only ever bitten twice in 17 years (once my father and the other my brother) and both bites were food responses after feeding in the backyard. It was a lot smaller then and feeding routines have been changed.

Maybe King or Horny??
Quite suitable if you think about it

Reptilian
Must be a lovely big one after 17 years
Way cool to hear about older snakes still hanging around

Not having a go at you, but I'm curious as to how much experience with snakes you have?
They are a very serious snake, and they can really hurt you if you stuff up.. Not unlike other big/venomous snakes..

They are not a snake to cuddle with, or to put around your neck..
They are a snake that you will need to treat with a serious amount of respect.
You are going to need another experienced person around when handling it.

Do not get complacent, do not take shortcuts, and never put yourself in any sort of position where the snake has the upper hand..

They do make wonderful snakes, if you know what you're doing, and if you know what you're in for..
But in all seriousness, if you are an ill prepared amateur, I do suggest finding another experienced keeper for him..

Good luck nonetheless..

boidae i have been keeping snakes for 5yrs now. you can check out my species kept list on my profile if you like. i appreciate your advice and everyone elses very much and intend on using it.

Don't get bitten , they freeking hurt and can do a lot of damage. Scrubbys are one of the snakes I keep that I plan on never getting bitten again from.
if your 16 or 40 they can still stuff you up.

Whats wrong with "John"? lol

More pics?! haha he looks a very nice python! Whats his temperment like atm? and his length? :)

hes about a meter long and handles brilliantly. its gettin outta the cage thats the hard part. ill see if i can get some pics tommorow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back