AAE Changing Hands & No more Accounts ?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been meaning to open an account for a long time now & since it is now costing me $105 (incl export permit but not including, petrol, tolls, packaging etc & not to mention the 4 hr round trip!) it was a good enough excuse to fill out my application & send it in, only to be told the lady I have been dealing with no longer handles live animal accounts & passed me onto someone else only to be told that Startrack are taking over & increasing rates, reshuffling their system & are no longer accepting accounts unless you plan to spend more than $5000 per year! what a joke!

I am interested to hear from people that currently have an account, have you been given any notice of the changes? if not apparently you can expect your account to be cancelled & reverted to over the counter rates within the next 3 months.

Freighting is beginning to be all to hard,..

$5000 a year is pretty reasonable for an account the profit on that would just cover the admin fee's . I use startrack at work and they are the best of the worst to deal with.

Has anyone used JetsPets,I know they do dogs,cat and rodents,not sure about reptiles.
From website;Whether you live in the city, suburbs or country, Jetpets can collect your pet, fly them to their destination and deliver them to your residence. Jetpets assure delivery on the same day to most destinations. This service is available Australia wide.

Features of our Door to Door services include:

- Flight booking
- Airline approved travel crate (hire)
- Collection of your pet(s) in a Jetpets Animal Transport Vehicle
- Jetpets Transit Lounge access (Melbourne & Sydney)
- Boarding (if required)
- Delivery of your pet(s) in a Jetpets Animal Transport Vehicle
- Expert pet travel advice
- Convenient payment over the phone
- 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year customer service
For more information on the Jetpets Domestic Door to Door service, please phone our Australia Wide reservation centre on 1300 668 309.

There seem to be a couple of services similar to JetsPets, but I don't see how they could do door to door for anything but a huge amount of money...

Still, when you factor in travel time, tolls and petrol for getting to the AAE depot, it might just be worth it?

Fastway couriors will send reptiles. I seen a box from reptile inc with live animal wrote on the side. Only thing is they won't insure the animal.

Ive used Jet Pets for my Dogs and their service was more than excellent....however you do 'pay' for it. I know they are very set up for dogs...not sure about snakes.......it would be interesting to ring them and have a chat about it and see what they charge.

I am still years away from having a clutch. So my hope is that as time goes on and our hobby grows that transporting snakes will be as common as transporting other furry animals.

Elizabeth

Fastway couriors will send reptiles. I seen a box from reptile inc with live animal wrote on the side. Only thing is they won't insure the animal.

They do send reptiles, although we steer clear of them because they didn't put much care into transporting them - they were chucked in the back of the hot van, and not set as a priority. I'd rather pay the extra for someone who looks after them. I think there are a few companies that would deal with reptiles, but whether they look after them is another issue.

Hmm, how is that possible? Every F1 sign I have driven past (in Sydney at least) is approx. $79. The last time I imported some reptiles in from QLD, it cost me $90 inc. permit and container...

Even if QLD F1 offers rooms for less than $40 or so, the cost of staying one night + petrol both ways would definitely exceed having it freighted over..

I was quoted ( well breeder was ) for adult trio jungles $280 from AAE to arrive to Nsw with permit.

Now yes F1 are $55-79
owning a gas car cost me under 45$ to fill up ( each way )
$30 food and a roady
Picking up jungles......priceless :)

Last edited:
There are several "poultry" transport companies that might be worth approaching for other animals - big air conditioned vans - Anitrans, Poultry Pals are two that come to mind. Ask mr google.

WOW!!

That Anitrans looks like it might fit the bill if they aren't freaked about carrying snakes and/or reptiles in general.

It would be great to hear from Snake Ranch and SXR as to their feedback on the subject

I have googled but haven't contacted yet but here are some companies that transport pets that i found but not sure if they all transport reptiles but an added bonus would be door to door delivery

Jetpets, Animal Transport, All Creatures Air Road, AeroPets, Prestige Pet movers, Pet Carriers International

I hope this helps

Cheers Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys,
Seems things have changed ALOT since the last time I called around :)
Alot more people are open to dealing with Reptiles & some of the pricing doesn't seem to bad.

Stuff AAE,. who needs em!,. Might even avoid the trip to the Airport! ,... Blessing in Disguise :)

It probably won't effect SR or SXR as they would probably spend more then 5k.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back