Python shedding quickly ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
I have been feeding my python very often (every 5days or so) as he is a bit undersize.
he shed 21 days ago and already has milky eyes and loose skin again.
Is this ok or is this too soon to be shedding?
he is also due for a feed today but should I hold off.

prob take feeding to to 8-12 days, i would just wait til he finishes shedding then give him a feed

if he wants to feed then feed him, they dont normally want it, and shedding so close together check if hes got damage or parasites as they can bring on a shed quicker

even if a snake is undersize if the food item is correct, they are getting adequate rest to sleep and grow then temps are correct etc then the snake will catch up. It is not a good idea to over feed it is called power feeding and can lead to problems later on.

Honestly i have been there with a snake of mine that is half brother to my female and only a month younger and half the size. I just used really consistent good husbandry...lots of rest and quiet and regular feeding of a food item of the correct size for his weight and made sure he had pooed before the next feed and he is thriving and now only slightly smaller than his half sister and catching her rapidly. It takes time (he is now 2 years old) but be patient..dont rush you dont want to creat other health problems by feeding too much too quick...remember the snake still has to process all that food and they can only grow a a certain rate.

Elizabeth

even if a snake is undersize if the food item is correct, they are getting adequate rest to sleep and grow then temps are correct etc then the snake will catch up. It is not a good idea to over feed it is called power feeding and can lead to problems later on.

Honestly i have been there with a snake of mine that is half brother to my female and only a month younger and half the size. I just used really consistent good husbandry...lots of rest and quiet and regular feeding of a food item of the correct size for his weight and made sure he had pooed before the next feed and he is thriving and now only slightly smaller than his half sister and catching her rapidly. It takes time (he is now 2 years old) but be patient..dont rush you dont want to creat other health problems by feeding too much too quick...remember the snake still has to process all that food and they can only grow a a certain rate.

Elizabeth

Yeh I understand I am not power feeding, I was feeding a day or 2 after each poo but this week I have waited a couple extra to be safe, I fed him an adult mouse and took it like a champ.

On a positive note I finally got my stimmi to feed took a while but with some TLC he took it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back