snappy jungle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson001

Reaction score
i got a my first snake a yearling jungle from the vhs expo i left him for a week then been trying to handle him but he is being extremely snappy striking continuously but he calms down a bit when i get him out of the tank was wondering if you have any tips on calming him down and any tricks you use?

patience and bandaids. lots of each. handle it every other day or so and it should come round.

Get a good hook and learn to use it =p haha. It really does make things easier to just hook them out when you need to. It may calm down in time, but it's still a good practice to get used to incase it doesn't or you get worse tempered ones in future.

I have 2 jungles one male and one female my male is so calm i can do anything to him. my female is abit more snappy while in the tank and around feeding time. with my female i feed her outside her tank so she doesnt think that everythime the door opens she will be fed. but just keep handling him he might start to calm down.

I wouldn't even think if getting a jungle if it wasn't snappy. That's the best thing about owning a Jungle right?

Jungles are beautiful our girl used to be snappy but they get better with age, she's three now and lovely...
cage defensive around feed time (and yeh maybe get in the habit of feeding out of the cage)...
she used to only want to go to Marcus didn't like being handled by females at all, but now even my youngest daughter 6 will hold her while I clean the cage out. Time, patience - a good hook... enjoy!

ok so just the norm and i should learn to get used to it.

he has eaten a fuzzy rat on tuesday.

i hope he does calm down but if he doesnt it shouldnt matter to much just means mum and dad wont like him i still think hes great.

hes just tagging.

Last edited:
you really got a jungle for your first snake youre brave. keep handling it and dont show hesitation if your getting him out and it coils up keep trying, tats all i do with my jungle hatchie.

The brightest, hottest python I've kept is a bright yellow jungle and have accepted that she will always be a snapper. Jungles are such divas that way.

Iv got a yearling SWCP had her a month now but get very nervous when I hold her as iv never been bit before. She hasn't tried to bite yet but still scares me haha. What do bites feel like

mine doesnt hurt i dont know about what others feel like but mine havent.

My hatchy has calmed down so much in the last week, little bit defensive when I try and get her out but once shes out shes really good, but she never wants to go back in her click clack! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back