Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful photos and what a variety, most I have never seen before. Thank you very much for sharing I enjoyed them soooo much!!

Cape Hillsborough

Thanks for the info, Richo.

Thanks, Fiamma.

We continued south for a number of hours and eventually reached Cape Hillsborough NP in the late afternoon. This park is just a little to the north of Mackay. The park is scenic with nice beaches and hills. Hoop Pines grow right to the beach in some areas and they were attractive to big flocks of Red-tailed Black Cockatoos.

Here are a few shots of the beaches and hills at Cape Hillsborough:
habitat5.jpg

habitat6.jpg

habitat4.jpg

habitat7.jpg

habitat3.jpg

habitat2.jpg

echinoderm.jpg

Pandanas was common just above the hightide line.
habitatpandanus1.jpg

There was also a large mangrove bay nearby. We followed a boardwalk here and saw a few birds and butterflies but had no luck with the Rusty-throated Monitor. (Andrew's photo)
habitatAndrew1.jpg

An area that we like was named Hidden Valley. It was about a 2km walk from the campground where we stayed. This area had nice remnant rainforest. We heard/saw Purple-crowned Fruit-Doves, Rose-crowned Fruit-Doves, Woompoo and White-headed Pigeons in the valley. It was also good for butterflies and herps and produced a nicely marked Lace Monitor. The following shot shows a portion of the trail in Hidden Valley.
habitattrail.jpg

Bush Thick-Knees were common. I love their weird and loud call at night.
BushThick-Knee.jpg

Pied Oystercatchers:
PiedOystercatcher1.jpg

This Laughing Koobaburra was a threat to unsuspecting tourists. It stole meat that was cooking on a barbeque and it managed to snatch meat off a Dutch tourist's plate when the guy was distracted. Clever bird! The guy did not seem to appreciate the friendly wildlife when he lost his steak.
LaughingKookaburra1.jpg

Eulamprus skinks were numerous on the sides of some of the big rainforest trees. I think that these are probably Bar-sided Forest-Skinks (E. tenuis) but several Eulamprus are possible here and they are so similar.
Eulamprus1.jpg

Eulamprus2.jpg

Blue-throated Rainbow-Skinks (Carlia rhomboidalis) were the most common reptile. The one in the first shot below illustrates why these are called "rainbow-skinks". Their scales are refractive.
Carliarhomboidalis1.jpg

Carliarhomboidalis2.jpg

... a nicely marked Lace Monitor (Varanus varius):
VaranusvariusLaceMonitor1.jpg

VaranusvariusLaceMonitor2.jpg

Night drives produced a Spotted Python (Antaresia maculosa), Brown Tree Snakes (Boiga irregularis) and these pretty Ocellated Velvet Geckos (Oedura monilis). These had flattened bodies so I suppose that they lived beneath bark or within crevices.
OeduramonilisOcellatedVelvetGecko1.jpg

OeduramonilisOcellatedVelvetGecko2.jpg

We found a big Preying Mantis:
mantis1.jpg

mantis2.jpg

The drive was quiet and we had already been in the car for many hours while heading south. About midnight, we decided to call it a night. Ted and I headed off to our tents. Andrew was youthful and full of energy so he decided to go for a night walk on the beach. The moon was nearly full. After an absence of maybe 30 minutes, Andrew came charging back to camp and awakened us. He had found a nesting turtle. Ted and I quickly dressed and then headed down the beach to see this amazing site. We both watched for awhile but being old and feeble, we succumbed to fatigue and returned to the tents. Andrew stayed here with the turtle until 3:30am when it completed its activities and returned to the sea. Here is a sequence of photos taken by Andrew of the nesting Flat-back Turtle (Natator depressus). Andrew considered this to be the highlight of his visit to Australia since he has a particular fondness for the marine turtles. He took some excellent photos of the event.
NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle1Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle2Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle3Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle5Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle4Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle6Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle7Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle8Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle9Andrew.jpg

NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle10Andrew.jpg

There were many flowering plants in the campground and these attracted a variety of butterflies.

I quite like the colours of this male Jezebel Nymph (Mynas geoffroy). As with Jezebels (Pierids), these had colourful outer wings but white and black inner wings.
MynasgeoffroyJezebelNymph1b.jpg

MynasgeoffroyJezebelNymph2.jpg

MynasgeoffroyJezebelNymph3.jpg

Blue-banded Eggfly (Hypolimnas alimena)
HypolimnasalimenaBlue-bandedEggfly2.jpg

HypolimnasalimenaBlue-bandedEggfly1.jpg

Bordered Rustics (Cupha prosope) were a frequent sight within the rainforest.
CuphaprosopeBorderedRustic1.jpg

CuphaprosopeBorderedRustic2.jpg

CuphaprosopeBorderedRustic3.jpg

CuphaprosopeBorderedRustic5.jpg

A White-banded Plane (Phaedyma shepherdi) that had a close encounter with a bird:
Neptis1.jpg

Shining Oak-Blues (Arhopola micale) are beautiful in flight. Unfortunately, they rarely open their wings when perched. In the second shot below, the butterfly jumped with the preflash so the upper wing colour can be seen.
ArhopolamicaleShiningOak-Blue1.jpg

ArhopolamicaleShiningOak-Blue2.jpg

ArhopolamicaleShiningOak-Blue3.jpg

Dark Ciliate Blue (Athene seltutus)
AtheneseltutusDarkCiliateBlue.jpg

Lemon Migrant (Catopsilia pomona)
CatopsiliapomonaLemonMigrant1.jpg

I am not certain about the identification of this Grass-Yellow. It was tiny so I expected it to be a Small Grass-Yellow (Eurema smilax) but the underwing pattern more closely resembles the Scalloped Grass-Yellow (E. alitha).
EuremaalithaScallopedGrass-Yellow2.jpg

These Orange Palm-Darts (Cephrenes augiades) were often seen around young palms in the forest.
CephrenesaugiadesOrangePalmDart1.jpg

CephrenesaugiadesOrangePalmDart3.jpg

This Glistening Pearl-White (Elodina queenslandica) was a lifer to me.
ElodinaqueenslandicaGlisteningPearlWhite.jpg

Cape Hillsborough NP

Thanks, all. Richo, looks like you know lots about the inverts. Thanks for the identification.

Here is another of shot by Andrew of the head of the turtle:
NatatordepressusFlatbackTurtle11Andrew.jpg

Cape Hillsborough is a beautiful national park. On this visit, I did not climb to the lookout but Ted and Andrew did and took these photos. Ted had a powerful telescope along and the guys watched turtles eating jellyfish in the surrounding sea. Big, white Jellyfish were everywhere.
habitatTed1.jpg

habitatAndrew3.jpg

... more shots by the guys:
habitatTed3.jpg

habitatTed2.jpg

habitatAndrew2.jpg

Ted took this photo of the fruiting Pandanus and the Green Tree Ant nest.
habitatpandanusted4.jpg

habitatGreenTreeAntsTed.jpg

Andrew's shot of an Agile Wallaby with joey:
AgileWallabyAndrew1.jpg

its most likely H.majuscula but location doesnt fit, and pic isnt too good for identification :) -need underarm shots- its a female btw and most likely gravid :)
keep up the pics !!

Eungella NP

We left Cape Hillsborough after two nights and drove up to Eungella NP. Eungella is located in the mountains about an hour west of Mackay. The edge of the escarpment was wet and frequently covered with clouds. Most of the rainforest trees were covered with epiphytes and treeferns were abundant.
habitat2.jpg

habitat1.jpg

... view from our campground. While standing here one afternoon, I watched the gigantic White-throated Needletails race low over this ridge and then out over the valley. These are among the largest and fastest of the swifts. Their wings made a whooshing sound as they rocketed by at high speed.
habitat3.jpg

Dairy farms were numerous along the boundary of the national park.
habitat4.jpg

Broken River at Eungella is a must visit place for those who would like to see Platypus. An observation deck was built here next to a large pool and the Platypus feed here every morning and evening. Light was bad on our visit due to foggy conditions but we took a couple photos where the Platypus can be seen.
platypus1.jpg

(Andrew's photo)
PlatypusAndrew.jpg

We found this nice Pink-tongued Skink (Cyclodomorphus gerrardii) while on a drive one afternoon.
CyclodomorphaPink-tonguedSkink2.jpg

CyclodomorphaPink-tonguedSkink1.jpg

CyclodomorphaPink-tonguedSkink3.jpg

This Lace Monitor (Varanus varius) lived next to the campground where we stayed.
VaranusvariusLaceMonitor4.jpg

VaranusvariusLaceMonitor2.jpg

Night drives and walks produced a several interesting herps. For some reason, we saw few Carpet Pythons (Morelia spilota) on this trip. This was the largest of those encountered.
CarpetPython1.jpg

CarpetPython2.jpg

Ocellated Velvet Geckos (Oedura monilis) were in exactly the same places as where I found these several years ago.

The most interesting reptile, though, was this Eungella endemic, Phyllurus nepthys.
Phyllurus1.jpg

Phyllurus2.jpg

Phyllurus4.jpg

Phyllurus5.jpg

Phyllurus3.jpg

We also stopped for a short visit to Finch Hatton Gorge in the lower elevation of Eungella. It was a Sunday and it turned out to be a popular place for those on picnics and also wanting to swim. We saw several reptiles on the trails but these were inevitably disturbed so we ended up with only a few, rushed photos.
habitatFinchHattonGorge2.jpg

habitatFinchHattonGorge.jpg

Lace Monitor. People walked around it while it sunned right on the trail. It obviously was used to seeing people and was not frightened.
VaranusvariusLaceMonitor3.jpg

VaranusvariusLaceMonitor1.jpg

One of the Eulamprus skinks. Several species are possibly near Mackay so I am not certain of its identity.
Eulamprusmartini1.jpg

Eulamprusmartini2.jpg

I saw these Lemon-barred Forest Skinks (Eulamprus amplus) a few times. They are distinctive and are easy to recognize.
Eulamprusamplus1.jpg

Eulamprusamplus2.jpg

Spider:
huntsman1.jpg

Here is a very worn Brown Ringlet (Hypocysta metirius):
HypocystametiriusBrownRinglet1.jpg

... and one of the Ocybadistes Grass-Darts.
OcybadistesspGrass-Dart.jpg

a great series David, you should have dropped into the ville and said hello. I visited Eungella over the weekend, lovely spot!

Thanks, Gus. It would have been nice to see you. How did you go at Eungella?

We only spent an afternoon and a night at Eungella. The main purpose of the visit was to see the Platypus. We awakened to foggy, cool conditions so packed then tents and began what would be the longest drive of the trip. We wanted to reach the brigalow belt between Roma and St. George soon after dark. To do this, we ended spending lots of time in the car and ultimately clocked 20 hours when we finally stopped for the night.

We found many snakes in the brigalow and most of these were elapids. As you may have noticed in this post, snakes were generally hard to find. Australia is a hot, dry continent and snakes seem to be active only when the conditions are just right. The brigalow must have been "just right" and we found 16 live and 5 DOR snakes. We were very pleased with the number although I read with envy Matt's report where he encountered 120 snakes in one weekend:
Field Herp Forum • View topic - Queensland Brigalow weekend trip

Our other targets, the Golden-tailed Gecko (Strophurus taenicauda) and the Brigalow Scaly-Foot (Paradelma orientalis),
remained elusive and we failed to locate either.

Here are shots of the habitat that we searched:
habitat1.jpg

... (Ted's photo)
habitatted.jpg

Eastern Brown Snakes (Pseudonaja textilis) were seen at dusk and for the first few hours of the night.
PseudonajatextilisEasternBrownSnake1.jpg

PseudonajatextilisEasternBrownSnake2.jpg

Curl Snakes (Suta suta) were also common.
SutasutaCurlSnake3.jpg

SutasutaCurlSnake2.jpg

SutasutaCurlSnake1.jpg

A lifer to me was the Grey Snake (Hemiaspis damelii). We encountered two of these.
HemiaspisdameliiGreySnake2.jpg

HemiaspisdameliiGreySnake3.jpg

HemiaspisdameliiGreySnake1.jpg

Australian Coral Snakes (Brachyurophis australis) are one of our most colourful elapids. We found two of these lovely little snakes.
BrachyurophisaustralisAustralianCoralSnake1.jpg

BrachyurophisaustralisAustralianCoralSnake2.jpg

BrachyurophisaustralisAustralianCoralSnake7.jpg

BrachyurophisaustralisAustralianCoralSnake3.jpg

BrachyurophisaustralisAustralianCoralSnake4.jpg

This De Vis' Banded Snake (Denisonia devisi) was so robust that it looked like a small python.
DenisoniadevisiDeVisBandedSnake3.jpg

DenisoniadevisiDeVisBandedSnake1.jpg

DenisoniadevisiDeVisBandedSnake2.jpg

We found a couple of these small blind snakes. I think that they were Ramphotyphlops proximas due to the lobes on the snout.
Ramphotyphlopsproximas.jpg

Geckos included Box-patterned Geckos (Lucasium steindachneri). I think that these geckos from the brigalow were particularly nice.
Lucasiumsteindachneri1Box-patternedGecko1.jpg

Lucasiumsteindachneri1Box-patternedGecko2.jpg

Lucasiumsteindachneri1Box-patternedGecko3.jpg

Prickly Gecko (Heteronotia binoei)
HeteronotiabinoeiPricklyGecko1.jpg

We did not find Golden-tailed Geckos but did see some of its relatives, the Eastern Spiny-tailed Gecko (Strophurus williamsi). These are another Strophurus with colourful eyes.
StrophuruswilliamsiEasternSpiny-tailedGecko2.jpg

StrophuruswilliamsiEasternSpiny-tailedGecko1.jpg

beautiful!
love the de vis and steindachneri !
may i ask, what camera do you use?

Warrumbungles and summary

Thanks, Richo. I use a Canon 40D with the following lenses: Tamron 18x250mm zoom, Canon 100mm macro (night) or Tamron 180mm macro (day, butterflies)

Here are my last photos from the trip. We stopped for a night in the Warrumbungles. Ted visited this place long ago and wanted to see it again and show it to Andrew. The Warrumbungles are certainly beautiful. Unfortunately, a change blew through at sunset and the temperatures dropped too much for there to be much active. We did find a few geckos but no snakes. Here are a few habitat shots:
habitat3.jpg

habitat4.jpg

habitat1.jpg

Thick-tailed Geckos (Nephrurus millii) are always nice. This was our only encounter with the species. This animal had a regenerated tail.
NephrurusmilliiThick-tailedGecko4.jpg

NephrurusmilliiThick-tailedGecko2.jpg

NephrurusmilliiThick-tailedGecko1.jpg

NephrurusmilliiThick-tailedGecko5.jpg

Ocellated Velvet Geckos (Oedura monilis) have a lovely pattern here at the southern end of their distribution. I found the following gecko on the same wattle where I found one licking sap a few years ago.

OeduramonilisOcellatedVelvetGecko6.jpg

We also encountered a number of others.
OeduramonilisOcellatedVelvetGecko4.jpg

OeduramonilisOcellatedVelvetGecko3.jpg

Eastern Spiny-tailed Geckos (Strophurus williamsi) are usually the most abundant gecko in the Warrumbungles. This year, we only sighted a few.
StrophuruswilliamsiEasternSpiny-tailedGecko3.jpg

StrophuruswilliamsiEasternSpiny-tailedGecko2.jpg

StrophuruswilliamsiEasternSpiny-tailedGecko1.jpg

We found a single Robust Velvet Gecko (Oedura robusta):
OedurarobustusRobustVelvetGecko1.jpg

OedurarobustusRobustVelvetGecko3.jpg

OedurarobustusRobustVelvetGecko4.jpg

OedurarobustusRobustVelvetGecko5.jpg

Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus):
DiplodactylusvittatusEasternStoneGecko1.jpg

DiplodactylusvittatusEasternStoneGecko2.jpg

This Prickly Gecko (Heteronotia binoei) was markedly differently to those that we saw in the north.
HeteronotiabinoeiPricklyGecko2.jpg

HeteronotiabinoeiPricklyGecko1.jpg

A new species for me was this Leaden Delma (Delma plebeia):
Delmapleb1.jpg

Delmapleb2.jpg

A Grey Kangaroo buck and his girls:
greykangaroo1.jpg

Skippers that I have not yet identified:
skipper11.jpg

skipper10.jpg

skipper2.jpg

Finally, here are shots of Broad-tailed Geckos (Phyllurus platurus) from the hills near Wollongong. I took the guys into the hills to see these before they returned to the airport.
Phyllurusplaturus1.jpg

Phyllurusplaturus2.jpg

pea1.jpg

That is is for this trip. As you can see, Queensland is a particularly good place to visit for wildlife photography. If we had a little more time, I would have added Lamington and Mt. Glorious near Brisbane. These areas are rich with endemics and we may have observed another 20 species or so in the rainforests.

Here is the trip list. We managed photographs of most species but missed a few.

Location abbreviations:
  • ATH: Atherton Tablelands
    BRG: Brigalow
    CHL: Chillagoe
    CHNP: Cape Hillsborough NP
    EUN: Eungella
    GTN: Georgetown
    JOR: Jourama Falls
    MB: Mission Beach
    NYN: Nyngan
    PG: Porcupine Gorge
    WAR: Warrumbungles
    WDH: Windorah
    WIN: Winton

• Flatback Turtle (Natator depressus): CHNP
    Saw-shelled Turtle (Woumbina latisternum): MB, EUN
    Chameleon Gecko (Carphodactylus laevis): ATH
    Ring-tailed Gecko (Cyrtodactylus tuberculatus ): CHL
    Tessellated Gecko (Diplodactylus tessellatus): WIN
    Eastern Stone Gecko (Diplodactylus vittatus): WAR
    Gehyra dubia: widespread
    Gehyra robusta: WIN
    Gehyra variegata: WDH, WIN, WAR
    Prickly Gecko (Heteronotia binoei): CHL, BRG, WAR
    Pale-striped Ground Gecko (Lucasium immaculatum): WIN
    Box-patterned Gecko (Lucasium steindachneri): NYN, BRG
    Nactus chevreti: CHL
    Prickly Knob-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus asper): WIN
    Thick-tailed Gecko (Nephrurus asper): WIN
    Northern Velvet Gecko (Oedurea castelnaui): CHL
    Marbled Velvet Gecko (Oedura marmorata): WIN
    Ocellated Velvet Gecko (Oedura monilis): CHNP, EUN, WAR
    Zig-zag Velvet Gecko (Oedura rhombifer): CHL
    Robust Velvet Gecko (Oedura robusta)
    Phyllurus nepthys: EUN
    Phyllurus platurus: WOL
    Northern Leaf-tailed Gecko (Saltuaris cornutus): ATH
    Northern Spiny-tailed Gecko (Strophurus ciliaris): WDH
    Jewelled Gecko (Strophurus elderi): WDH
    Southern Spiny-tailed Gecko (Strophurus intermedius): NYN
    Strophurus krisalys: WIN
    Eastern Spiny-tailed Gecko (Strophurus williamsi): BRG, WAR
    Delma nasuta: 1 near NYN
    Delma plebeia: WAR
    Lialis burtonis: WIN, CHL, TWN
    Jewelled Rainbow-Skink (Carlia jarnoldae): CHL
    Carlia longipes: MB
    Carlia munda: GTN
    Blue-throated Rainbow-Skink (Carlia rhomboidalis): CHNP, EUN
    Carlia mundivensis: CHL
    Carlia rococo: CHL
    Red-throated Rainbow-Skink (Carlia rubrigularis): MB, ATH
    Black-throated Rainbow-Skink (Carlia rostralis): ATH, JOR
    Lively Rainbow-Skink (Carlia vivex): CHL
    Cryptoblepharus: PG, CHL, MB, CHNP
    Cryptoblepharus litoralis: MB
    Leonhard's Ctenotus (Ctenotus leonhardii): WDH
    Leopard Ctenotus (Ctenotus pantherinus): WIN
    Straight-browed Ctenotus (Ctenotus spaldingi): GTN
    Eastern Striped Skink (Ctenotus robustus): JOR
    small unidentified Ctenotus: WDH, GTN, CHL, PG
    Pink-tongued Skink (Cyclodomorphus gerrardii): EUN
    Spinifex Slender Blue-tongued Skink (Cyclodomorphus melanops)
    Cunningham's Skink (Egernia cunninghami): RNP
    Major Skink (Egernia major): CHNP, MB
    White's Skink (Egernia whitii): RNP
    Lemon-barred Forest-Skink (Eulamprus amplus): EUN
    Northern Bar-sided Skink (Eulamprus brachysoma): CHL?
    Dark Bar-sided Skink (Eulamprus martini): EUN?
    Barred-sided Skink (Eulamprus tenuis): CHNP?, JOR?
    Eastern Water Skink (Eulamprus quoyii): ATH, RNP
    Prickly Forest Skink (Gnypetoscincus queenslandiae): ATH
    Rainforest Sunskink (Lampropholis coggeri): ATH
    Grass Skink (Lampropholis delicata): RNP
    Dwarf Litter-Skink (Menetia timlowi): BRG
    Pale-lipped Shadeskink (Saproscincus basiliscus): MB
    Four-fingered Shadeskink (Saproscincus tetradactylus): MB
    Shingleback (Tiliqua rugosa): NYN
    Common Blue-Tongued Skink (Tiliqua scincoides): RNP
    Burn's Dragon (Amphibolurus burnsi): WIN
    Gilbert's Dragon (Amphibolurus gilberti): WIN
    Nobbi Dragon (Amphibolurus nobbi): ATH
    Frilled Lizard (Chlamydosaurus kingii): DOR near Bowen
    Ring-tailed Dragon (Ctenophorus caudicinctus): WDH, WIN
    Central Military Dragon (Ctenophorus isolepis): WDH
    Central Netted Dragon (Ctenophorus nuchalis): WDH
    Two-lined Dragon (Diporiphora bilineata): CHL, GTN
    Canegrass Dragon (Diporiphora winneckei): WDH
    Boyd's Forest Dragon (Hypsilurus boydii): ATH
    Water Dragon (Physignathus lesueurii): ATH, EUN, JOR, RNP
    Common Bearded Dragon (Pogona barbata): WAR
    Down's Bearded Dragon (Pogona henrylawsoni): WIN
    Central Bearded Dragon (Pogona vitticeps): WDH, WIN, BRG
    Smooth-snouted Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis intima): WIN
    Eyrean Earless Dragon (Tympanocryptis tetraporophora): WDH, WIN
    Gould's Monitor (Varanus gouldii): WDH, MB
    Merten's Water Monitor (Varanus mertensi): GTN
    Yellow-spotted Monitor (Varanus panoptes): WDH, WIN
    Heath Monitor (Varanus rosenbergi): RNP
    Spotted Tree Monitor (Varanus scalaris): ATH
    Freckled Monitor (Varanus tristis): WIN
    Lace Monitor (Varanus varius): JOR, EUN, CHNP
    Ramphotyphlops proximus: BRG
    Spotted Python (Antaresia maculosa): CHL, CHNP
    Stimson's Python (Antaresia stimsoni): WIN, GTN
    Black-headed Python (Aspidites melanocephalus): near Townsville
    Carpet Python (Morelia spilota): MB, EUN
    Brown Tree Snake (Boiga irregularis): CHL, MB, CHNP
    Green Tree Snake (Dendrelaphis punctulata): GTN
    Keelback (Tropidonophis mairii): GTN
    Common Death Adder (Acanthophis antarcticus): WIN
    Australian Coral Snake (Brachyurophis australis): BRG
    Eastern Small-eyed Snake (Cryptophis nigrescens): RNP
    Greater Black Whipsnake (Demansia papuensis): PG
    De Vis' Banded Snake (Denisonia devisi): BRG
    Grey Snake (Hemiaspis damelii): BRG
    Pale-headed Snake (Hoplocephalus bitorquatus): PG
    Dwyer's Snake (Parasuta dwyeri): BRG
    Mulga Snake (Pseudechis australia): near Hughenden
    Western Brown Snake (Pseudonaja nuchalis): WDH
    Eastern Brown Snake (Pseudonaja textilis): NYN, BRG
    Curl Snake (Suta suta): WDH, WIN, PG, BRG

Regards,
David

Well done, Eungella and Cape hillsborough are my neck of the woods. If you come by this way again be sure to check out the whitsundays and pm me, apparently we have an endemic whip snake that is to be classified. Love the pics and wow, wow , wow.
"Livin the dream"

Cheers
Jeffa

How do I get your life ? ? I get so excited as soon as I see a new thread from you Moloch. Id be happy to see a tenth of the things and places you have seen. Awesome pics, awesome thread !!!!

Thanks very much, Jeffa and Jason. When I head back to the Mackay area, I will contact you, Jeffa. It would be interesting to see the whip snake. I am afraid that I won't be up that way for awhile, though, since I have about exhausted my leave (and leave pass to be away from home!).

Regards,
David

Yay Moloch is back!!

You never fail to create the most impressive threads here on aps :)

excellent shots of the Bee Eater (pt my recent efforts to shame).
I also really like your close-ups, brilliant images.

That panoptes is huge, massive forelegs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back