Olive Behaviour !!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melissagalea2

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have noticed lately both my olive boys sitting with there heads streched up...and they will spend an hour or so doing it.... does anyone elses pythons do this....
i hav attached pics, crappy pics, but gives u a idea.

Attachments

• IMG_8939.jpg
    IMG_8939.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_8942.jpg
    IMG_8942.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 146
Not sure why for that long, a stiff neck maybe??? Hmmm. I suppose like most animals they all have their own little ways of doing things. Oh and gotta love the hide box. Noice.....

i have noticed lately both my olive boys sitting with there heads streched up...and they will spend an hour or so doing it.... does anyone elses pythons do this....
i hav attached pics, crappy pics, but gives u a idea.

I think its trying to get away from the smell of its own crap........

An hour is a long time....my Morelia will sometimes do It for a couple of minutes, but my Olives only do It outside when they are doing Mamba impersonations. Not accompanied by any nevous tics, I hope?

well maybe an hour is a bit of a exaguration (cant spell lol)
but they do it a bit. na, no ticks. they are and always have been very healthy problem free snakes. i think its just there behaviour. if u come up to the glass and sit there, they will come over to u and sit there looking at u.

Probably just checking everything out. My BHP will often come and push herself up at the front glass watching us.

if that was a dig at there crap, it was cleaned as soon as i saw it thank you.....

just stirin, sometimes some of mine do that shortly after feeding and then continue it on and of a day or so, especially if they have had a large meal, im assuming you have your temps right, so it wouldnt be for heat, they can also do this if they have a respritory infection and carnt get enough air, but you should be able to tell that by listening to their breathing.

i have had reptiles for over 10 years, i think its just there quirky behaviour. never had a snake sick, and they are happy n healthy, just funny buggers. cheers.

He's hungry.
What's their feeding routine like?

I think its trying to get away from the smell of its own crap........

My lizards try to climb out of their cage when they lay a fresh one! Hilarious to watch, no fun to have to clean tho.

As for the snakes, when they do it do you notice a diff smell on the air or any movement near by? My snakies sniff the air when there is a strong odour like dinner cooking etc and Malachi has learnt movement isn't exactly in his enclosure (after he strikes at the glass of course)

mine do it all the time just random olive behavior i guess got 1 doing it as type

My 4 NT phase Olive Python's also do it but not for long periods, only when they are out and about strolling and they approach me, as if they want to greet me or say hello to me without feeling threatened.

is the enclosure kept in a busy area?

as i noticed when changing things around and all that
all the pythons i put into my loungeroom in the enclosure
diamonds, olive, darwins etc all spend alot of time like that when the tv was on as if they were watching it

when put back into the room their kept this behaviour appears to stop or happen alot less

Thanks guys, i wasnt really worried, just found them odd... i have no question about there health as they came from in my opinion one of the best breeders in oz. i just found them silly that they do it. one of them is doing it whilst i type. lol. nah, they arnt in a high traffic area, they are in the formal loungeroom. and they get fed roughly every 10 days. always have been .. i just find them funny, none of my snakes i have owned in the past have done it. i think they are fantastic. cheers guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back