Can someone sex my mice?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of those mice seem to have seminal plugs either so it looks like they have not seena male or you would think atleast one would be pregnant.

they all have the girly holes, all are girls. girls have a hole behind their doodle looking thing, boys dont have that.

2,5 and 6 look male but it's hard to tell cause their tails are up over their heads. sit them on your hand and relax their tail. if you see two huge jajoombas then it's a boy. they are not hard to sex

not true... in the same way i have nipples... so do males in almost all mammal species.... the female nipples in mice however do develope earlier and are more prominant....

What Nagini said is correct although she should have been more specific, only females have visible nipples, males do have them, but they are barely visible

What Nagini said is correct although she should have been more specific, only females have visible nipples, males do have them, but they are barely visible

i dont wanna go on a rank here.... but i have had several males that have had clearly visible nipples.. and another of my family members that also breeds mice has mis-sexed many mice by thinking "only girls hav nipples u can see"

i dont wanna go on a rank here.... but i have had several males that have had clearly visible nipples.. and another of my family members that also breeds mice has mis-sexed many mice by thinking "only girls hav nipples u can see"

Fair enough, I always thought it was pretty reliable from sexing hundreds this way

I go have dinner, come back and mouse balls are still a hot topic for shame on you guys

i'd bloody wanna be! Been breeding for 7 years! when in doubt I always relax their tails. more developed males when picked up have wrinkles (the jajoomba sacks). the photo's weren't too good for me to see but I sit the mice on my hand and check them that way if I can't tell with a glance

should i take 3 back to the pet shop and get a different 3 males? And should i check b4 i get them?

Yes just do it or just go get another 2 males :) and feed the others to the snakes

should i take 3 back to the pet shop and get a different 3 males? And should i check b4 i get them?

Have you tried sexing them like people have said? Tail relaxed in your hand, in a plastic container viewed from the bottom?

If you are still not satisfied you can see any balls take them back and yes you should definately check for balls before bringing the next lot home.

Seriously though my males Jatz Crackers drag on the ground they are so big so you really shouldnt have too many issues seeing them in the shops cages.

Does this help

mouse.jpg

from what i am looking at ALL have a Urethral Orifice so all girls.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back