Do you believe in macroevolution?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does macroevolution occur?

• Yes

Votes: 94 82.5%
  • No

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
JPN, Don't want to state your belief regarding the earths age ?? :lol:

Bible quotation really has no place in a discussion on Evolution.

Come on Just_Plain_Nuts put it on the table how old do you "believe" the earth is ?

Im open to change.. as long as it is supported by evidence real evidence.

I will admit i tend not to accept information from a book written by illiterate goat herders over centuries of accumulated Scientific discovery. Every time i go to a doctor and accept modern western medicine i make this distinction between trust in Science and trust in BS.
The age of the earth is hard to tell by the Bible, it would seem that it's around 6000 years old but that is only really estimated, it does not necessarily say this.
This book was written by a wide variety of schooled and unschooled people that were actually guided by the spirit so their abilities are really void, they were just vessels. The Bible is our oldest actual documented history so for this fact alone I think it should be given more thought than most give it. What better source of our beginnings than from that?

That's why I don't quote Biblical contradictions and/or inconsistencies. The risk that the English language translation is too dissimilar to the original Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic is itself too great. Just because the English version is contradictory does not mean the original is too. Translators make mistakes, plus not every ancient Hebrew word has an analogue in modern English. And I'm not about to start learning Hebrew.
I would love to be able to read hebrew and aramaic. Apparently they carry so much more depth and lose a lot in translation to english

JPN, Don't want to state your belief regarding the earths age ?? :lol:

Bible quotation really has no place in a discussion on Evolution.

of course bible does have a place... if we believe in creation and bible facts. and you believe in evolution and certain scientific book facts. both have a place in this particular thread.

Creationism - the ignorant view that an infinitely large universe was made only for us...

The age of the earth is hard to tell by the Bible, it would seem that it's around 6000 years old but that is only really estimated, it does not necessarily say this.
This book was written by a wide variety of schooled and unschooled people that were actually guided by the spirit so their abilities are really void, they were just vessels. The Bible is our oldest actual documented history so for this fact alone I think it should be given more thought than most give it. What better source of our beginnings than from that?

I would love to be able to read hebrew and aramaic. Apparently they carry so much more depth and lose a lot in translation to english
The bible is not an actual documented history it is merely a tool the church uses to confuse and control its ants. There is no hard documented facts and it was not written when it happened, they left out other parts that was not to the churches liking. Does anyone on here no what moses was really like, he slaughtered millions of men women and children in the name of god but thats not in the bible Actual documented history thats like saying the book about fairy tales is a documented history. Like god most of us grow up beleiving in Santa, Eater bunny tooth fairy and monsters that live in our closet but then some of us grew up and stopped believing in magic and fairy tales. If David Copperfield lived 2000 years ago then he would of been considered a god after all ive seen him fly across the stage thats a miracle in itself and dont get me started on how he tricked Michelle Pfiefer to be his wife. The only difference is he never said i am the lords son otherwise you creationists would be bowing to him. I dont like to offend but some of the crap god botherers put out just blows my top. If they did find out god didnt exist do you think the catholic church with all its riches would tell anyone, Its like BP telling people how to get free energy its not gunna happen

The bible is not an actual documented history it is merely a tool the church uses to confuse and control its ants. There is no hard documented facts and it was not written when it happened, they left out other parts that was not to the churches liking. Does anyone on here no what moses was really like, he slaughtered millions of men women and children in the name of god but thats not in the bible.
I'm no Biblical historian, but I believe that no evidence of the actual Moses, nor of the Exodus, has ever been found. The Egyptian were excellent documenters, and no mention of Moses being adopted by the Pharoah's wife has ever been discovered.

The bible is not an actual documented history it is merely a tool the church uses to confuse and control its ants. There is no hard documented facts and it was not written when it happened, they left out other parts that was not to the churches liking. Does anyone on here no what moses was really like, he slaughtered millions of men women and children in the name of god but thats not in the bible Actual documented history thats like saying the book about fairy tales is a documented history. Like god most of us grow up beleiving in Santa, Eater bunny tooth fairy and monsters that live in our closet but then some of us grew up and stopped believing in magic and fairy tales. If David Copperfield lived 2000 years ago then he would of been considered a god after all ive seen him fly across the stage thats a miracle in itself and dont get me started on how he tricked Michelle Pfiefer to be his wife. The only difference is he never said i am the lords son otherwise you creationists would be bowing to him. I dont like to offend but some of the crap god botherers put out just blows my top. If they did find out god didnt exist do you think the catholic church with all its riches would tell anyone, Its like BP telling people how to get free energy its not gunna happen

haha and what about those who arnt catholic... just throw everyone who believes in god on the same band wagon. catholics are not the only ones who believ the bible. And where you there to see moses slaughter all those people???

I'm no Biblical historian, but I believe that no evidence of the actual Moses, nor of the Exodus, has ever been found. The Egyptian were excellent documenters, and no mention of Moses being adopted by the Pharoah's wife has ever been discovered.

there is no actual evidence of anything in the bible actually being true.. in my mind i see it as a story book used to teach moralities, right vs wrong, good vs evil ect.. so, there is nothing in the bible that can't be learnt from a disney kids movie..

i don't understand the concept of religion as a whole, i mean a bunch of people getting around preaching peace and harmony when in actual fact religion (all not just christianity) has proven to be the single most destructive force in human history.. it does nothing but hold us back, you only have to look at the dark ages to see the terrible effect religion had on scientific advancements..

just think where would we be now if we hadn't lost those few hundred years, we'd have flying cars and hover boards that's where, missing out on that is enough to dislike religion..

419683_190383844400799_100002875542593_267649_842747552_n.jpg

The bible is not an actual documented history it is merely a tool the church uses to confuse and control its ants. There is no hard documented facts and it was not written when it happened, they left out other parts that was not to the churches liking. Does anyone on here no what moses was really like, he slaughtered millions of men women and children in the name of god but thats not in the bible ...

Again, this is turning into people totally and abjectly ignorant of the subject bashing the bible. The two bolded statements above are rubbish, and cannot be substantiated.

I understand people wanna bring in the bible because that's a source for the motivating principles behind creationism. But why not one-up those creationists by handling the primary sources accurately?

And BAM! Get that one upya! Evolution disproved in one religious swoop!

Oh no evolution is real(ish), I'm just big on religious texts and history. (also greek, roman and Egyptian mythology)
Although, I would like to remind those who are creationists that this is a reptile forum, of which the high majority are pro-evolutionists.

Another note, saying Christianity is the cause of many deaths and wars is a low statement. Christendom is not a very good spokesman for Christianity (yes they are separate)
where in the dark ages, only the few selects were able to read the latin (by then a dead language) and instruct religious and moral teachings.
This opened up a large door of corruption where many were mislead into wars and witch hunts. Non of which were based on the very book they taught. To this day Christendom remains one of the most mislead religions on earth. So the blame should go to the very corrupt nature of humans and politics.... and the pope, not the actual book lol.

I do love the discussions though, both sides are very enthusiastic ;)

Anyone want to bring the multiverse theory up?

I think the most amazing part of cell structure that doesnt get talked about but is critical is laminin, ive added a pic of it that is taken under microscope.

Attachments

• laminin-2-300x220.png
    laminin-2-300x220.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 102
I think the most amazing part of cell structure that doesnt get talked about but is critical is laminin, ive added a pic of it that is taken under microscope.

OMG.... You're right!

It's Ronald McDonald handing a kid a balloon toy!! Whoa!!! It's evidence alright..... At first I thought McDonalds was just addictive because of fat... But it seems it's ingrained in our cells!!!

Just in on Facebook:

407133_3332713565308_1492603837_4123584_1360699520_n.jpg

Last edited:

Im guessing you see the structure of laminin as comparable to an ancient torture device ?

If thats the case (and sadly i think it most likely is given the level of debate you have been bringing to the table) i see your laminin and raise you a Treponema. Clearly proof of the flying spaghetti monster.

treponema.jpg

The laminin debate is defunct anyway:

1) Laminin was supposedly around long before we (humans, Romans) invented crucifixion.

2) There was supposedly a 'god' long before his supposed son was crucified therefore long before the symbol of pain and suffering was impregnated into the minds of the easily controlled.

3) Then the symbol in a cell, that still looks like Ronald McDonald handing out a balloon toy, was either only recently added (2,000 years ago), or in the last 35 years since the advent of McDonalds.

Does anybody have any unusual views regarding evolution? Does anybody not believe in sexual selection? Or perhaps doesn't accept sexual selection as being part of natural selection, as Darwin didn't? Anybody not believe in kin selection? Anybody believe in group selection? Anything else anybody want's to argue about that's related to evolution?

Im guessing you see the structure of laminin as comparable to an ancient torture device ?

If thats the case (and sadly i think it most likely is given the level of debate you have been bringing to the table) i see your laminin and raise you a Treponema. Clearly proof of the flying spaghetti monster.

treponema.jpg

thats the problem with you guys, you make a joke out of everything, instead of seeing it for what it is and what it does you make light out of it, "ancient torture device" *** no idea what your talking about.

Debate..... *** what has all this got to do with laminin? laminin is for bonding, nothing to do with any God or any Ronald-
mate you need to get of the religious tract, and focus on what has been actually said..... typical

Last edited:
Debate..... *** what has all this got to do with laminin? laminin is for bonding, nothing to do with any God or any Ronald-
mate you need to get of the religious tract, and focus on what has been actually said..... typical

I know what laminin is...and i have no doubt of the intent you posted it with. I know evangelical spin doctors use this "example".

If you want to be taken seriously, say something serious ?

So prey tell (scuse the pun) - but how are you adding laminin to the debate of evolution as being critical to the discussion?

Seriously - I am not a cell biologist nor do I know much more than grade 10 biology (or maths for that matter apparently.... My jelly bean highway was set at a year 10 level, which surprises me, because when I taught it to year 11s, they struggled with the concept of a mole - must be my teaching tho iI guess).

So - enlighten me as to how laminin is critical to the evolution debate if you will please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back