Who would you prefer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jedi_339

Reaction score
Now this is probably going to open up quite a can of worms, but I'm definitely game.

With the upcoming leadership spill at 10am tomorrow, let's get a little political.

Who would you prefer to win and become the PM of the country?

I realise that this whole saga has been a media beat up, and that the likelihood of K Rudd getting the votes is very slim, but in an ideal situation, who would you like to win tomorrow and why?

I'd like Kev to win again, plenty of reasons, including his complete disregard for the labour factions, he was trying to get things done for the country which in a lot of ways are for the best of the country, i.e. his emissions trading scheme and mining super tax. He's also incredibly intelligent and sharp as a tack (my mum met him and interviewed him the other day in Brisbane)

Also I just despise Julia, deceitful, backstabbing, annoying to listen too and just a downright nasty piece of work, can't keep a promise and will do whatever she can to try and save her popularity and votes instead of making the hard and necessary decisions for the country.

But that's just my opinion on the issue

Look forward to hearing yours

When i get my improved internet Kevin promised then he can be PM again. =p

i'd like to see Rudd win the vote just to put that annoying voiced backstabber on her place again and he stands the best chance to hold off Abbott, which Gillard hasn't a chance of achieving seeing as just about every can't wait to see her go..

Kevin 07, nope its Kevenge time..

My vote would go to Rudd again. I never voted in Gillard, she wormed her way in on lies, deceit and backstabbing. And those words dont go into a sentence with "leadership" in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

David Hasselhoff.

Honestly, If Gillard holds on, I'll be pissed and amazed. Amazed, because it means we're dumber than I thought, and pissed because... well... I would think that would be obvious. She's a poor excuse for a politician, and politicians are generally poor excuses for people, so what does that say about her?

If Kevin Rudd is voted back in the labor party loses what little respect/credibility it has left (not much). I was under the impression that the government was actually meant to govern and serve the community, instead Gillard and Rudd are to busy have a ******* contest. Tony Abbot doesn't even need to try, all he has to do is stand back and watch them fall in a urine soaked heap. It's not even a case of voting for the better of 2 evils, they are all ****.

That said I would prefer rudd over Gillard.

Last edited:
Since Gillard became PM. This contry has been going backwards. Rudd did good. Rudd seems to know what we all need. My bet is Rudd will back. Gillard can go be a jerk some were else.

Cheers
Kyle

Lets bring in in someone else, cuz if Abbott gets in, we are all deleted. Abbot is a worse excuse than Rudd and Gillard joined. Abbott's been trying to get in for a long time now, let's hope aussies dont fall for it cuz I cant handle living in the Australia that Abbot will destroy.

So many reasons to hate the guy. He truley is a politician for sale, he doesnt even try to hide it.

In the words of Paul Keating "If Tony Abbott becomes Prime Minister of Australia...God help us all"

Bring back Harold Holt I say. He could out swim the tidal wave of the GFC and save Australia.

Now this is probably going to open up quite a can of worms, but I'm definitely game.

With the upcoming leadership spill at 10am tomorrow, let's get a little political.

I realise that this whole saga has been a media beat up, and that the likelihood of K Rudd getting the votes is very slim, but in an ideal situation, who would you like to win tomorrow and why?

I'd like Kev to win again, plenty of reasons, including his complete disregard for the labour factions, he was trying to get things done for the country which in a lot of ways are for the best of the country, i.e. his emissions trading scheme and mining super tax. He's also incredibly intelligent and sharp as a tack (my mum met him and interviewed him the other day in Brisbane)

Also I just despise Julia, deceitful, backstabbing, annoying to listen too and just a downright nasty piece of work, can't keep a promise and will do whatever she can to try and save her popularity and votes instead of making the hard and necessary decisions for the country.

But that's just my opinion on the issue

Look forward to hearing yours

Kevin Rudd is anti union but supportive of a mining super tax?? Not used to such a combination from any politician I know! Either one or the other from where I live atleast!

I'm glad you said "that's just my opinion on the issue" instead of "Anyone who disagrees with me is an evil moron out to destroy the country blah blah blah." I can't stand that kind of retarded talk....Some people take politics entirely to seriously and personally.

Lets bring in in someone else, cuz if Abbott gets in, we are all deleted. Abbot is a worse excuse than Rudd and Gillard joined. Abbott's been trying to get in for a long time now, let's hope aussies dont fall for it cuz I cant handle living in the Australia that Abbot will destroy.

So many reasons to hate the guy. He truley is a politician for sale, he doesnt even try to hide it.

In the words of Paul Keating "If Tony Abbott becomes Prime Minister of Australia...God help us all"

Is Abbott really that bad? From what I've seen of him he seems like a fairly reasonable conservative....which unfortunately doesn't seem to exist anymore in the US where the conservative movement has been overtaken by morons. Someone who while economically conservative seems like a decent candidate. Of course I barely know anything about him but just my first impressions...Well if not...atleast he can't possibly be worse than Santorum or Bachman (just because it is literally impossible to be worse than them)...so look on the bright side :)

I'm not conservative by American standards for sure and I vote democrat most of the time...but if I lived somewhere else I would vote conservative on occasion....

I hope Rudd puts Gillard back in her place and THEN we all vote Labor out and hopefully they don't get back in for another 10+ years. We still won't of paid off the massive debt in ten years time they have racked up YET again but at least we might have a chance to keep our businesses and houses.

Abbot....................all the way back to recovery.............to the Glory Days

I'll drink to that brother. Cheers to a recovery. :p

Last edited:
Id like it if we had a vote to say who we would like to lead this country at this time (btwn Gillard and Rudd)!

And can someone please tell me why we all have to vote and we get fined if we dont vote?! I think we would have a better government if we were not forced to vote one or the other. It would reflect who we want to lead us as a country better, in my view. This is just my thoughts as I think the votes would then reflect truly how we as a nation view our future.

This is just my thoughts and Id love an answer if anyone can help me!!!!

Abbott is a complete idiot. Gillard is an embarrassment to this country. Rudd seemed to make progress. I know little about politics but I can't wait until they're all gone and we get some fresh blood.

As for the comment about the internet (NBN) My folks have it. It's only as good as the computer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back