Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My girl shed recently. She's just around the 700g mark at the moment.

P2260007.jpg

P2260017.jpg

Very nice! Im hoping to have some luck with my pair this season. :)

i love the size of the head to the body. real chunkey, like a brown tree snake. def on my wanted list great pics everyone.

Roughies are one of the most captivating pythons. Their monitairy value may have come down but I certainly don't take for granted the oportunity to have them at home & I value my Roughies very highly.
It's ridiculous that WA keepers that would like to have this python are not allowed to. I understand WA will not allow animals from the Eastern states to be imported, but as written in John Weigel's article on Roughies- "Seven specimens were provided to the Western Australia C.A.L.M.'s West Kimberley regional office for inclusion in their worthwhile educational program"
Why couldn't these animals be part of a breeding program to supply the keepers of WA?
Weigel has managed to supply the rest of Australia with the founding five animals!

Attachments

• IMG_3370.jpg
    IMG_3370.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 226
  • Roughies mating.jpg
    Roughies mating.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_3643.jpg
    IMG_3643.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Roughie hatching.jpg
    Roughie hatching.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Hatchling roughie.jpg
    Hatchling roughie.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 247
your attachments dont work for some reason paul......

Heres some new pics of my rsp who had there first feed with me tonight
31b28026-b7d1-fdee.jpg
31b28026-b7e2-2da4.jpg
31b28026-b7f7-c030.jpg

Sara_sabian what camera do you use? I can't wait to get my RSP!

I'm using a canon 500D, paired with the canon 100mm f2.8 for these shots. You wont regret getting your rsp, they are amazing, second only to gtp IMO

Awesome, the pictures are amazing. I have a D7000 and can't wait to be able to take pictures like those!

Well I finally got one yesterday, and I am a little nervous of her now. She has already bitten me. In some of the photos I have noticed them in the "s" curl strike position is this something they just do when resting, mine does it and I am not sure if it's because she is thinking of striking. In another photo I saw one curled up in a ball, mine has done this as well and I figured it was because she was scared. They certainly have a differently Look about them wich is hard to read as in you are not sure if they are sizing you up to bite. When she bit me she was around my neck and my husband was in front of me and she was looking directly at him, I reached slowly for my coffee from the side of me and thats when she struck. Lightening quick. After that she struck at my husband and showed the threat mode mouth wide open, that was freaky to see. She is 2 years old I am hoping she will calm down, some ppl say they are docile some say missiles with teeth.
Are they like GTP you dont get them out at night when they are in hunt mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back