$$$ Spending on Spotted $$$

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it depends on what its worth to you, lineage, age ect ect my first i paid $300 from a pet store . wouldnt buy from there again. the two lil guys i have atm i paid $100 for the pair but i have paid $300 for a gorgous blonde. only a year or so ago... it depends on alot of things id pay $250 for the right animal possibly more if they are spectacular

We actually paid $150 sorry and we are getting her from snake ranch. We decided to her from there because we know she will be feeding and shedding ok before we get her and have heard good things about snake ranch. This is also our first snake, if we get anymore I think I'd probably try to find one from someone on here.

My first one when I was nine was $80 as a hatchling. I'd pay maybe $150 for an older one?

What types of snakes do you own? :)

We actually paid $150 sorry and we are getting her from snake ranch. We decided to her from there because we know she will be feeding and shedding ok before we get her and have heard good things about snake ranch. This is also our first snake, if we get anymore I think I'd probably try to find one from someone on here.

What types of snakes do you own? :)

At the moment (because of moving, finance etc) I currently only have that same pythons mrs and I've taken on a very, very underfed Central beardie. And also have a coastal carpet who is my mums little precious and a pair of Blueys. But we've bred and sold the babies we've from our previous bearded pair and one of the Spotted pairs, and had water dragons and a water python.
Unfortunately the male I was talking about before who was my absolute baby passed away last year as his life was shortened heaps from a serious burn he had when he was younger as he was quite the escape artist. So I've been pretty lost without him. He also turned out to be a VERY expensive snake. To get his burns fixed and the operations and stitches he got, well let's just say he's cost twice as much as my dog whom I've had for two years.

What about you? :)

You have a nice collection. My partner and I are getting our first snake on Tuesday :) a blond spotted python. I'm starting to like bearded dragons to now lol. How are they with kids? Lol would love to get my son something but I think he's probably a bit young yet.

They are great with kids and kids are so fascinated with all their little spikes! I have a three year old sister here and she loves all of them but she gets so overexcited and gets a bit rough so it's never good to leave them alone with them. How old is your son?
Our last pair (my mums female and my male) were great with people, especially the male, he'd just sit there and was never out by anything. My newbie though was never handled by its previous owner so it's pretty flighty so I'll et there eventually with it and find it a partner.
Did you say before you went to the Brisbane Soundwave? I'm not far from there so if you ever consider one PM me and I don't have any babies at the time, there's a guy here that most likely will look after you :)

31b9d540-2483-e041.jpg

This is the new guy 'Cointreau.'

Last edited:
Supply and demand. Now days I wouldn't pay more than $120 for a spotted, has to do with nature, parents etc of the python, but remembering that everyone has to make a profit (aka hiked prices in a pet store). My Stimson pythons go for $50-100 more than a spotted in Pet stores but would only sell the hatchlings for $150-$180 when they come along. Everyone and every store is different :)

I have to disagree about SA being expensive for snakes , mine were bargains compared to other states but I buy from breeders not shops

I got mine for $80... It is going strong as well. the average price on the net that i see though is about $150.

Cheers Tyler

Id pay 2k tops for a hatchy mac ( albino tho)
pity they are worth more than that and I don't have 2k to spend on snakes :(

Maybe I would pay around the same for a totally black mac as well... not striped.

4yrs ago I paid $180 for my yearling male, last year I sold my hatchies for $120ea. The pricing definitely depends on the demand and where you go to get them.

I sell them for between $150 to $250 depending on how good they look.I have a waiting list each year for my better ones and have no trouble moving them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back