Who has a forklift lisc

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a Industrial training company. Up here in QLD the RTO has to offer a 97 question writen exam, and you have to get 97 questions correct to pass. Then you go on to the practical which, as JAS101 said, you have to perform certain tasks the instructor asks of you. You have to show that you are competant that you can operate a forklift safely. If you study properly, and always pay attention, it's very easy ;)

Keep in mind, all the laws are changing in June/July again this year :?

Good luck getting your licence :)

They give you all the questions beforehand to study. I think its about 90. Then they pick about 50 to put in the test. The driving bit is easy but study the questions well. As I recall they get upset if you dont answer with the exact wording. Pretty easy though all up.

Thanks for all the info and tips guys I hope the 2 day course is all I need to pass :)

With the practical side make sure you think about certain things and everything,the rear steering,safety fitted to forklift(seatbelts,rops,indicators,etc),check the plate fitted which will tell you swl,weight,etc,don't fall into the trap many have when instructor wants you to move him on the forklift,no safety cage no move,

Mate....Got my forklift in the good old days. Bloke turns up ut work, gets you to move a pallet from point A to Point B. Sparks up a smoke and ask why you dont drive down slopes. Gives you a bit of paper and thats it.

Drove them for a few years. Sit downs were fine but could never get the hang of those side saddle stand up's that you drive via a joystick.

Ahhhhh those were the days.

I have my bob cat and esk liscence it was both like 6 pages back to back of questions -.- took for ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back