Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redlittlejim

Reaction score
Thread topic says it all. had plenty of bites before but this one was specifically painful. didnt flinch or pull back. she held on for a good 2minutes while looking for camera. got several teeth stuck in me not sure how to remove :)DSC_0207.jpgDSC_0206.jpgDSC_0208.jpg

just had it about a week. was trying her out. NO FEAR just reached in seeemed fine and BOOOM. yelled to the wife to get camera and by the time she did it was letting go but still good fotos. can get 4 of the teeth out. feel so bad they broke :(

Wow, lots of blood. Thanks for sharing your gory pics.

She looks very sorry and apologetic in the last pic... 8)

Nice bite mate, im yet to get a tag from my MD around that size, tickled aye?? So was it just a piss off bite how did u get the teeth out, just curious i think its good to no lol

well one was about 3mm so i could just pinch it out... the other 4 are still in there. just gonna leave them in over night and hope they pop out. lotta bruising already. she seemed fine and lead me into a false sense of security :)

haha you mighta got one with a cheeky **** stirrer attitude. Ive only had my first snake a year now 2.5 metre MD got her at 2 years old, i no im gonna get tagged oneday, i sometimes feel like i should just get bitten so i no what its all about. Hope the teeth come out all ok mate and that shes all good to :)

you got owned! nasty. Must look in the shops tomorrow for longer tongs. I don't wanna be bitten like that!

Make a paste of betadine and raw sugar and coat the bite area. Cover it with a non absorbing gauze. The sugar will draw out the teeth and the betadine will inhibit infection. It worked a treat after i fell into an oyster lease.

Nice work by the bred by the way :)

Well snakes bite lol nice hit :) hope if I ever get hit like that I got a cAmera about :D

They had a bite like this on snakebytes showed how to make them let go :)

Mr snakes looks like he noes he did wrong to lol

Ah, someone I can relate to! :p

I had a very similar experience with my four year old female Bredli, only a few weeks ago - this, however, is the result of simply not thinking! (note to all, I've posted this here so you all know that those of us who have been keeping these animals for longer than "five minutes", also get a little forgetful or complacent - this was totally my fault...)

On feed night, my female Bredli always comes out of her enclosure to feed, I stepped off my step-ladder when I got her out, took a couple of steps back, picked up the tub that had her rat in it, started to walk toward her feeding tub... She was heading down toward her tub (she's quite well practiced at this!), and noticed in my other hand was her din... The funny thing was, a split-second before this occured, I thought "I'm an idiot, this won't end well"... Well, the pic tells you what happened...!

Attachments

• The result of not thinking with Sassy - 3.1.2012.jpg
    The result of not thinking with Sassy - 3.1.2012.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 180
hey mate ive had a similar experience when i first got my 3 yr old bredli..in the end i put it down to being in experienced and the fact that i was a new smell to her so she didn't know if i was a predator or not. i used a snake hook to let her know i was their and to get her out from then on, 4 months later after handling her everyday she got better and better and after about 1 months i didnt need the snake hook i can just pick her straight up, i believe you should keep persisting with him/her once she realises your not a danger to her she wont bite you any more. nice pics too!

OMG, I hope you managed to get all the blood off ....poor thing !!! your Bredli that is ;)

ohhh the fun of having a snake!
never expecting of getting tagged!
i get a bite almost every time i go to handle my pythons!
my Md got me good a while ago! was bending down fer her rat and she came over and went my arm!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back