My baby Has Gone Missing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im so glad your baby is safe, i couldnt imagine the pain of losing him. though i can understand about espcaping reptiles.. my beardie did the same thing last week found him under the tv unit covered in dust and also dirt :shock: the silly boy had to have a bath

im so glad your baby is safe, i couldnt imagine the pain of losing him. though i can understand about espcaping reptiles.. my beardie did the same thing last week found him under the tv unit covered in dust and also dirt :shock: the silly boy had to have a bath

LOL My Jub does that! with the guilty "I'm in big trouble" look on his face. Then I had to spend time cleaning all the cobwebs and dust off his face. Way to clean the house tho!

FOUND Yay!!! My 4yo girl open the front door this morning and there was Spot on the doormat! How lucky was that, it tagged my missus while the kids were waking me up didn't even think of tagging daddy though. Is back in home with gaffa tape all over the enclosure. As for why it got out we think our 2yo took it out to play cos what I forgot to mention was door was open bout a kiddies hand width.
Thanks to all of you for your advice and well wishes it was much appreciated. YAY!!!

Good news! Now to stop it from happening again, get a key lock and make sure the kiddies can't take it out without you being there.

Recently I lost my stimson but found it 3 weeks later.
Couple of tips-
1 if you have tiles you can spread flower over them before you go to sleep to see if the snake has gone in a direction
2 make a hide with heat and water and food somewhere comfortable and leave it and check on it every couple of hours
3 Get drunk and rummage through cupboards, bedside tables etc etc until you find it like I did with mine lol!
Mine had gone out one room, across the hallway into my bedroom and to my side and into my bedside table, didn't go for my partners or anything...just straight to mine. They are familar with your scent, so you can also try leaving a dirty shirt with the hide or something.

Good luck tho!

Last edited:
The flower trick is a good trick :) might remember that

FOUND Yay!!! My 4yo girl open the front door this morning and there was Spot on the doormat!

Did he bring the paper? :D Glad to hear he's safe. Time to install a lock on the enclosure - that gaffer tape would be a pain!

My 4yr old told me today that she is sorry it was her that let the snake go, but she is sooo glad she found it. Kids are so sweet yet painful! I told her how sad it made me and she can only "play" with Spot when dad gets it out cos it might bite you. She is avery smart and extremely intelligent kid so I know she won't do it again.

I wish it got the paper cos it was raining, lucky the wifes cat was protecting it. Yes you read right our cat doesn't catch any wildlife it just lays next to them and stops other cats, yet she will attack dogs and kids.
Did he bring the paper? :D Glad to hear he's safe. Time to install a lock on the enclosure - that gaffer tape would be a pain!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back