Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice animals you have there spongebob, any idea on sexes?

I like the fact that even as hatchlings these guys will take food from your fingers.

I like the fact that even as hatchlings these guys will take food from your fingers.

Really? That's awesome!!

Got pics of your setup?

The first two photos are pairs, the third is a youngster, and the last one a male.

Awesome Pygopods you guys have there! I had a Burton's Legless Lizard (Lialis burtonis) for a while. I loved that thing. It was a very curious animal. It would sit up on top of clay pots and rocks in the tank, and watch me. It was very docile, never once showed any signs of aggression. If I had a good supply of small lizards, I would gladly try it again, and I would love to try Delma spp!

Thomas

A cupple of mine,
196.jpg

203.jpg

Good to see a few people have them now. I'm still surprised that they haven't taken off as much as levis, they're just as easy to keep but a hell of a lot cooler.

Good to see a few people have them now. I'm still surprised that they haven't taken off as much as levis, they're just as easy to keep but a hell of a lot cooler.

I so agree! I cannot see why they don't just walk (haha) out the breeders' doors...

I so agree! I cannot see why they don't just walk (haha) out the breeders' doors...

They sell really well. I just don't think there are enough breeders to properly bump there numbers up in captivity.

They sell really well. I just don't think there are enough breeders to properly bump there numbers up in captivity.

All I meant was that they don't fly out the door. They didn't sell out at this years first two expos in Sydeny, or the first two last year, and I have seen alot of bumps on pygopus and delma ads here and on AHC. As more breeders produce them, I'm sure that with increased numbers will come increased recognition...

I know a lot of people dont even though what they are and of those that do many think they all like Burtons= difficult to feed or have special food requirements

I would would be very interested in buying one......just need money.......and parents that would let me have one haha

Can the hooded species be kept in tubs with underfloor heating? I'm aware that lepidopus being diurnal would probably benifit from basking and such.

I'm with Spongebob. Under-researched, under-rated and under-loved. Beautiful geckos though.

Spongebob, my male Pygopus nigriceps is ready right :D?

They're also nocturnal.
If you're talking of lepidopodus everything I've read suggests much more active in the day than the night. I know I've only ever found them at night or crepuscularly but that's what I've read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back