Phobias.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
more people would rather be in the cofin that making the speech at a funeral
my fear is hights
cheers Joe

more people would rather be in the cofin that making the speech at a funeral
my fear is hights
cheers Joe

At your age I hope you haven't known too many people who have died, and you won't for a long time. But when it comes to making a eulogy for a person at their funeral, I think it would depend on who the person was and what significance they had in your life. Funerals are not genrally happy events, but lives can be celebrated and fond memories can be remembered about the person who has died. Some people are quite willing to have the opportunity to tell the other mourners what the dead person meant to them.....it's a way to help express their love and grief and help find closure. I've been to funerals where there's been laughter and tears. There are a lot of different emotions involved when it comes to people dying, but they aren't all bad emotions.

Like I said before................

Drowning....................In a bathtub full of custard and strawberry jelly whilst fighting with a trio of Mexican Transvestites with Nikki Webster's "Strawberry Kisses" is playing in the distance.

It still gives me the heebiejeebies :)

Drowning....................In a bathtub full of custard and strawberry jelly whilst fighting with a trio of Mexican Transvestites with Nikki Webster's "Strawberry Kisses" is playing in the distance.

Yeah, well I'm still terrified of having my shoes fall off while on a rollercoaster, but you don't hear me going on about it:p

DENTISTS! Jabbing at exposed nerves with sharp pointy implements - NOT COOL! :(

With two broken teeth, several cavities and no pension card I would give/do almost anything to have a dentist jabbing at exposed nerves with sharp pointy implements right now. Finally got extras insurance though, so I have to wait for Friday. What do you reckon are the chances of me convincing him to yank the broken ones out on the spot?

Did you have a bad experience involving trifle? Strawberries seems to be a major theme... an allergy perhaps? Whilst watching a performing trio of mexican transvestites in a bathtub (no judgement here...) :p

Spiders... only the small venomous ones though, and crowds. Not really a phobia but something I can't stand doing is singing in a choir or on stage... thank you very much private schools.

I have a fear of the dark (leftover from when I was a kid), of crowds, flying, being alone, and I have suffered agoraphobia!

FROGS... Moved to SEQ and had to deal with cane toads... Don't know why they make me shiver, ecspecially in the dark. Glad I'm back home and don't come across then often...

There is a difference between a fear and phobia tho. a phobia is...well un controllable fear, distraught behaviour etc etc, a fear is like Sh%^*# don't let that thing near me, a phobia is I don't want to hear its name...there is an awesome show on Animal Planet about a doctor in the US that helps people with their "phobia's"...excellent show and a good laugh at certain points!

I sure I have said on a similar thread - but spiders scare the bejesus out of me.
Can't open any thread that potentially has a spider picture:-( get hot/cold, feel faint, sweat etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back