Yo female Scrub!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
try a baby bird
might get the last one started

Thanks I started my olives on frozen finches and day old chicken bits.

I'm waiting for it to shed before I try feeding again , I have been trying it in a humid tub on and off for a week or two now but it's still not shedding , poor thing looks very uncomfortable, I am guessing the egg stuff up and lack of yoke hasn't helped it produce enough oils to shed properly.
hopefully it will shed soon.

They do sound a bit odd but look great. Mine on the other hand try to kill any movement and keep hurling themselves into the wall of their container everytime I walk past.
I have to use finch to start one of my adults, now smashing 2.5kg bunnies. Good luck mate.

They do sound a bit odd but look great. Mine on the other hand try to kill any movement and keep hurling themselves into the wall of their container everytime I walk past.
I have to use finch to start one of my adults, now smashing 2.5kg bunnies. Good luck mate.

Thats interesting , I will be keen to see if mine start going nuts or stay settled, the 4 ate another adult mouse each this morning and the 5th is still yet to shed.Still Zero food response or striking.

No 5 finally had its first shed over night.... seemed to take forever!
Hope it will start to eat soon , poor little thing.

d43f0e9f.jpg

Good to hear mate, hopefully their food response kicks in soon!

Keep us posted.

Finally a month and a half latter the last one has started eating, something is weird with the survivors... still no "normal scrubby behavior" in any of them... hope they stay this way..

ded3f5ae.jpg

That wasn't reference to Freddie, it's an old movie with a robot critter called number 5

That wasn't reference to Freddie, it's an old movie with a robot critter called number 5

I didn't get the freddie reference either, I assumed you were talking about the movie "short circuit" who was number 5 and took on the name Jonny 5.

Gibbs-slap range I assuming NCIS?
I love NCIS, I love TV, I love movies, I love this game.

Congratulations Im glad they are all eating now , I hope they stay quiet but Im waiting for the thread " Baby Scrubs go on the attack "

Having read most of this thread i am glad i do maternal incubation. Yes she loses a bit of weight, yes she can get snappy, yes she may not breed next year but with every litter i have maternal incubated and been witness to from mates with snakes you get near perfect hatch every time. Fortunatly she doesnt run on power or have thermostats that stuff up she keeps them at the right temp and right humidity and on average only takes a few days more. Best thing is it dont cost you much to maternal incubate as opposed to large incubator running 24/7

They are bigger and still no aggression.....
Two are being re homed to friends (seem EVERYONE wants a non-bitey scrubby) and I am keeping the other three

They are also starting to show some nice patterns :)

6e4e1cad.jpg

49480a38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back