Just a bit of a tip!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

Most of us have mobile phones. If you go to these shows and most probably will forget to bring your licence. Take a picture of it on your mobile. Especially if you have those screens that can zoom in. Then you always have your licence on you.

I deliberately leave my license at home, safer that way lol still a good idea.

good tip fay not that I would ever buy a reptile from an exspo/show

It's a good idea, Fay. But what if someone has thought of that, doesn't have a licence, but has a friend who has one, takes a photo of theirs, then uses that picture to go buy a reptile. I know it would go on their friends' licence, but it would still be kept illegally as it wouldn't be living with the licenced person....

Just a thought....

Most of us have mobile phones. If you go to these shows and most probably will forget to bring your licence. Take a picture of it on your mobile. Especially if you have those screens that can zoom in. Then you always have your licence on you.

Yup, that's what I did at the Castle Hill Expo. Saves having to walk around with an extra bit of paper.

Trouble, it is no different than if this person stole the actual paper licence from someone. You can never be sure that person is the one that is holding the piece of paper. Unless you ask for ID of course. Just no different.

It's a good idea, Fay. But what if someone has thought of that, doesn't have a licence, but has a friend who has one, takes a photo of theirs, then uses that picture to go buy a reptile. I know it would go on their friends' licence, but it would still be kept illegally as it wouldn't be living with the licenced person....

Just a thought....

I think it's a great Idea some people just have to find fault in anything someone else says .... Never can make everyone happy .... Why not just say good idea or great tip or I never thought about that or how about even if you have something negative to say don't say anything at all ,,,, oh yeah thats a new idea!

At the S.T expo you had to have a hard copy of your licence
while working there many people said they have the licence number but I was under instruction that it had to be a hard copy

Trouble, it is no different than if this person stole the actual paper licence from someone. You can never be sure that person is the one that is holding the piece of paper. Unless you ask for ID of course. Just no different.

I suppose that is true, good point :)

I think it's a great Idea some people just have to find fault in anything someone else says .... Never can make everyone happy .... Why not just say good idea or great tip or I never thought about that or how about even if you have something negative to say don't say anything at all ,,,, oh yeah thats a new idea!

I wasn't saying anything negative, it's a genuine question that could be a big issue, especially if your phone was ever stolen!

She was just sharing her thoughts, and it was a valid question. Of course Fays point about stealing the paper is a good point too.

I think its a good idea, I would never have thought of that.

At the S.T expo you had to have a hard copy of your licence
while working there many people said they have the licence number but I was under instruction that it had to be a hard copy

I understand that. Just rattling off a number is a bit different than showing a picture of your licence on your phone. It is no different than a photocopy. The most important thing on a licence is the expiry date, that you should see when you zoom in on the licence.

How hard is it to photocopy and put in handbag or wallet
Ummm not even worth answering.Obviously didn't read the opening post.

Heh unfortunately I have a photographic memory. Number was stuck in there like glue within 5 minutes of looking at it lol. Good idea though! I always have nightmares I'll have an accident and suffer permanent amnesia and all the passwords to things will be forgotten - hubby is useless with everything except his own card's PIN rofl. I have directions for my family to get access to everything in case I die I'm so paranoid about it. Now I can add this to the list! :lol:

I suppose that is true, good point :)

I wasn't saying anything negative, it's a genuine question that could be a big issue, especially if your phone was ever stolen!

Sorry my Comment in no way was directed at you or anything you said :)

Great idea Fay, I hate having to carry around pieces of paper in my pocket, then when you pull it out it looks all dog-eared like my 11 year old homework papers, having a pic on my mobile sounds much better!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back