Dreadlocks and large piercings.....just wondering...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so do any of you get headaches from the weight of the dreads? Guess you'd get used to it as the hair grows? I know I get headaches if my hair gets too long and it's only fine hair. I haven't seen many women with dreads either now I think about it. Maybe one in the last 5 or so years :shock:

How did you go about that? Did you have to have the cartilage scalpelled? As i've read you can only go so big before the jewelry presses on it and is uncomfy.

I got my septum and ears done at the same time , 1.2mm? I think , the first and last piercings I got.
I stretched them myself over a long time, just going by info on the net etc and what worked for me ... the cartilage is now in a half moon shape around the plug ( I don't wear a ring or anything noticeable) so I guess the pressure on the cartilage has made that happen over time, it hasn't really ever been painful but I only upsized 1mm at a time every few months.

I think I am stuck at 16mm though as 17mm is a right pain to try and get in, the really weird part is my brain is so use to the plug being in there that when its out ( if I want to snog some one haha) it feels like something is inside my nose.

Dodgy pic from the other night ( clear plug in my snoult)
0d9e2164.jpg

LOL @ "cool for an old fashioned woman" haha

Your only 61 , I have mate who got his first tattoo in his mid 60s now he has half a body suit and "big ears" ... You should get dreads Grannieannie!

Dreads..me !! LOL..I think not...if you look at my profile pic you'll see I have very short hair and in fact I cut my own hair with my dog clippers using a 1/2 inch comb on the blade. The profile pic was taken a couple of years ago at Brian's daughters wedding, my hair is shorter than that now. I hate myself with long hair, though when I was long I had shoulder length hair like most women.

Dog clippers!!! haha

Been doing it for years like that, haven't been to a hairdresser...for...hell I don't remember how long. We've had, dogs that needed clipping which I did myself. So I started doing my own hair. Brian did it for me for ages and quite literally people would stop me in the street to ask which hairdresser I went to, he used to do different wedge styles, anything I asked him to do, and he's certainly not a hairdresser, he used to be an electrician. I've saved a fortune over the years....we're on the pension, so every penny helps. You just have to be game to do it the first time, if you make a bit of a mistake....no problem, it grows back soon enough. ;) We do it slowly and carefully....I quite like the challenge really to do it myself and know it looks good. :) Amazing the compliments I get....it's cool, easy to look after and if something is coming up where I want a bit of length like for that wedding I grow it a bit so I can put a few curlers in it to dress it up a bit....easy !!

I got my septum and ears done at the same time , 1.2mm? I think , the first and last piercings I got.
I stretched them myself over a long time, just going by info on the net etc and what worked for me ... the cartilage is now in a half moon shape around the plug ( I don't wear a ring or anything noticeable) so I guess the pressure on the cartilage has made that happen over time, it hasn't really ever been painful but I only upsized 1mm at a time every few months.

I think I am stuck at 16mm though as 17mm is a right pain to try and get in, the really weird part is my brain is so use to the plug being in there that when its out ( if I want to snog some one haha) it feels like something is inside my nose.

Dodgy pic from the other night ( clear plug in my snoult)
0d9e2164.jpg

Ah ok cool! Yeah i got my ears and septum done same time too, just didn't stretch my septum till many months later haha.. 1st stretch was horrible.. 2nd one went amazingly easy without any discomfort. I'm happy to hear i'll be able to stretch to where i want without any issues with the cartilage, love bigger jewelry in septum :D and love jewelry that shows. Though getting quite sick of CBRs lol trying to get the ball in on a freshly stretch septum sucks.

I don't like stretchers..they stink, maybe cause my mate didn't cleans his haha
But Dread's are actually made with a special dreading wax...and Proper Dreads (professional done) look really good and are extremely (ironic) neat. I would love Dreads but to the length I would want them my hair would need to be to my bum before I could get them haha

I don't like stretchers..they stink, maybe cause my mate didn't cleans his haha

Haha yeah the stretching process does make a bit of smell, but it isn't an issue if you just clean them. I just wash mine with soap in the shower and it stops the smell. But septum on the other hand... That smell just doesn't go away untill it's healed lol.

Why not? I've seen felt, twine, wool... some of the most random things worked into dreads. One woman I met once had total rainbow dreads, it looked really neat. Why not pad some up with hair extensions? They'd eventually get longer anyway.
No having a go, I'm actually curious. :)

If you get proper human hair extensions you can do whatever you do with normal hair. So you could dread them.

I had 4 dermals from the age of 16-17, three in my chest and one below my navel (I also have my belly button pierced) I also had transversal lobes and 3 holes in each lobe. I also have two tattoos, a wrist piece and a work-in-progress rib piece. I'm a christian, and a youth leader, so I' fairly active in my church. I get many a look and comment due to my appearance (I'm 5ft, 47kg and look about 14 :lol: ) people don't take me for the piercing, tattoo, snake type lol

My Locks get washed 1 day a week on fridays after work at work, with working in the transport area on extra dry/dusty days they will get an extra wash when required, half an hour in the shower there is like heaven. Ring them out as best I can & then while on the way home (40 minute trip) they get "blow waved" out the window, pretty much dry when I get home. Don't notice the weight unless they are wet. Most of the time I have them tied up except when drying them out or just airing them.

My Locks get washed 1 day a week on fridays after work at work, with working in the transport area on extra dry/dusty days they will get an extra wash when required, half an hour in the shower there is like heaven. Ring them out as best I can & then while on the way home (40 minute trip) they get "blow waved" out the window, pretty much dry when I get home. Don't notice the weight unless they are wet. Most of the time I have them tied up except when drying them out or just airing them.

Haha that's awesome, you have a like a dreadlock routine. It sounds Bette than a normal hair routine :(

Only if if use metal or plastic. If you use something organic like bone or wood they don't smell

Its good when you got wood ones but there so hard to find.

Who's got implants ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back