Please help injured lizard!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

briiiziii

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I believe due to my dog... I found this poor guy on my driveway. Has a weird lump behind it shoulders and tip of tail freshly missing...

I don't want to leave him outside as there were already some ants at him and he's not dead...

Any help please??????

Pics coming soon... Looks a bit like a blue tongue but maybe a skink I'm not too sure I just want him to go peacefully at least

Should I put him in a container with a heat mat and some water or anything I can offer food wise / foliage I just feel horrible for the poor thing but couldn't bring myself to end it

Put up a pic so we can see......

Take it to a reptile vet if you can, if not set-up the container and wait on APS for someone more experienced than me to help.

Good luck

I took in a few Barking Geckos at one stage that had no tails... I think it was from my dogs also. But I can't be sure.
Had them in a tupperware container with normal dirt from where I found them. A log and rock to hide under.
Offered them Woodies everyday. Misted once or teice a day 75/25 wet/dry... Depending how hot it was. If they struggled to shed I would put them in warm water for 30 - 45mins until the shed came off.
Once the tails grew back I let them go. Still see them wandering around in the backyard every now and again.
Although one I found (still with a normal tail) did end up dead from something. I saw it belly up with ants all over it. Poor thing..

We'll have to ID it first to offer proper advice.

I thought the RSPCA didn't take reptiles.........wait........how cute is it?

What's your local wildlife rescue organisation? Best to call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back