Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repty23

Reaction score
Hi,
I wanna get a new snake, it will be my first. I have alright experiences with snakes but i dont want ones that are hard to care for. I would like one that grows really quickly and grows between 1.5m to 2m. One other thing i dont want one that need a really tall cage.
Thanks

Darwin's are always a good option weather it be albino or not? I have both and they are both really calm pythons love being held

My younger brother got a Diamond as his first snake. Great looking animals and great temperament, in his experience at least...

Childrens/Stimi/Spotted all good, Woma would be my other choice fo something a bit bigger. As far as growth rate as I understand it, it depends on how much and how often you feed them, why do you want it to grow quickly?

whatever snake you like would be my answer as they all have their own individual character, but my personal favs are MD's and womas..

For that lenght Woma is your BeSt choice. Something just beneath that, children's or Stimson's python are your next best choice.
Feed a snake nutricious food and correct sizing and they will all grow quickly.

My next snakes will be 2 womas...excellent feeders (can associate hands entering the cage as food (but I have never heard of one biting outside the tank)) and they are an easy to keep snake.

Good luck and don't forget to tell us what you choose :)

my first snake was a murray darling and is my favourite snake in the world. easy to care for and in my opinion, the most hardy. they can get over two metres, but not by far and not all the time. they would like an enclosure thats tall, but as long as they can get off the ground (tree branch) their fine. mine has never bitten me and shows no sign of aggression.
so if you want a non aggressive python thats hardy, easy to care for and makes a good pet, you cant miss the MD's. love em!

him well i really wanna woma but their a little expensive i think i might get a stimmie

a spotted is the way to go, feed it as much or as little as you like, can grow to 1.5 m very placid, great place to start when it comes to snakes

BHP, byootiful snakes! Was our first snake but not the last haha! (oh at 2 years old ours is 7 foot and heavy, 100% toilet trained and a dream to handle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back