Gold Coast Reptile Expo 2012??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is the Gold Coast expo any different from the Scales & Tails expo last year?? Not trying to start an argument, just curious, when Scales & Tails received permission to sell 'commercial' animals, and now DERM are saying no animals for sale at Qld Expos whatsoever..??
they told me someone stuffed up and should have never gave them permission i have spoke with joy about it and we are trying to sort it all out but time will tell.

they told me someone stuffed up and should have never gave them permission i have spoke with joy about it and we are trying to sort it all out but time will tell.

Ohh :? woops! I really hope it will get sorted out then. DERM can be so unorganised and no communication in that place! Good luck, Troy, this has to be really stressful for you & Joy, so thank you!! keep us updated.

I wanna say to them something along the lines "so what's gonna stop people from selling after hours at their motel?" It just seems smarter to do it out in the open and honestly then to organise after hours "hook ups"

Just watch for the guys in big wriggling trenchcoats selling pythons and lizards out of their coats lol :p..... I wonder how many snakes u should have befor it's worth displaying them?

Am curious....never been to one of these.
Do people also take their own reptiles there and walk around with them etc etc?

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread. Confirmed throu Shane owner of PetCenter you will be able to buy reptiles there :D

SWEET!!! That's what i like to hear. see everyone there with your pocket money. I have my possible shopping list already!

I can't be bothered reading the whole thread. Confirmed throu Shane owner of PetCenter you will be able to buy reptiles there :D
What tha, are you sure he has his facts straight cause I don't think so, I was under the impression that Parks have put a stop to it over something very stupid and petty

28th & 29th july :) I'm going to go if you can buy reptiles or not, but it would be nice to have the option.

What tha, are you sure he has his facts straight cause I don't think so, I was under the impression that Parks have put a stop to it over something very stupid and petty

Talked to Shane owner of PetCenter today he was there last year and he is there this year and he said and I quote "we so far have been told we can so we are planning to" end quote.

Last edited:
not yet as of the last meeting i had with DERM they told me (no expo in queensland will be selling any animals as the legislation does not allow it.)
but trying to change that
Troy

Talked to Shane owner of PetCenter today he was there last year and he is there this year and he said and I quote "we so far have been told we can so we are planning to" end quote.

Are you sure he's heard right..? From what Troy has said, it's a no-go for selling animals at any Qld expo... I'd be getting him to double check his facts for his sake, don't want him turning up with animals to sell and it being illegal...

Are you sure he's heard right..? From what Troy has said, it's a no-go for selling animals at any Qld expo... I'd be getting him to double check his facts for his sake, don't want him turning up with animals to sell and it being illegal...

First of all no offense to Troy but I don't even know who Troy is,
If he's the QLD expo expert then Troy said no selling reps.

All I can do/did is ask the fella.
No I'm not gonna get him to double check his facts coz
I. really. don't. care.
And it's not my place to run to him and say some random on Aussiepythons said no reps can you "check your facts."
If he turns up sets up his stand and finds out no reps then guess what he will have to take them back to the shop, big whoop.
I was told some news about the expo so I shared my news the end. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have spoken with Parks as well for the other Expos as well as for our festival and the situation is that we won't be able to sell reptiles at any Expos/festival in Qld, this year or any year until we get the legislation changed.

I've tried every argument and Troy has as well for sure, but bottom line is that the answer is 'no'. They claim that they made a mistake in allowing us to do so at our festival last year, and that we shouldn't have been allowed to sell under the legislation as it stands now...... hmmmmmmmmmm..... so strange that.

Oh well,,,, whether we can sell or not, let's just all get behind the Expos/Festivals and help support our hobby.

Cheers
Joy

First of all no offense to Troy but I don't even know who the Troy is,

Troy would be the organiser of the expo, genius. Somehow I think he knows what he's talking about, at least more than some pet store employee.

Someone working in a pet store talking rubbish?? SHOCKER.

Last edited by a moderator:
There you go again, caring enough to tell us how much you dont care again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back