Escapee 2 week old Diamond

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dippy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice of finding a 2 week old Diamond that escaped her enclosure early yesterday? I'm not sure how she did it but she is deffinately gone, pulled an old Houdini on me... I'm really worried as yesterday was to be her first attempt at feeding on pinkies and I never even got one feed into her... Not to mention the fact she could be just about anywhere... As this is my first escapee I have no idea what to do, any advice would be amazing... Cheers guys

There's a LOT of threads with some great ideas if you have a search.
1. Spread flour around so you can see movement etc
2. Lay out a hotspot somewhere
3. Leave the enclosure open, sometimes they come back on their own!
4. Spotlight at night
5. Don't give up searchin'

in a lot of cases you do find them days or even weeks later. try making sure they cant actually escape the house. my brother lost his spotted python the other week. we found it one week later in the toilet seeking out water.

As already mentioned just make sure you cover all gaps etc to keep it in the room/house and it will turn up eventually.
First place I would check is the nearest tight, dark space.

A lot of people have told me to check under/behind the fridge, because it's a tight dark place with some warmth. My spotted got out once, but she just went to the cupboard next to her enclosure because she's lazy

ok so being a 2 week old its instincts would make it seek out a safe place and being so young it could go anywhere. my advise would be to setup a enclosure in the same area it escaped from and keep the door open. leaving a bait trap to lure it in wont hurt, do this by scenting a warm moist towel with a mouse/rat to attempt to draw it to the enclosure.

late at night dust flour around the enclosure, across places it may climb and also across doorways. (not only in the room in which it made its escape) because its only 2 weeks old may well have already slipped under your door and taken up residence in another room.

now you play the waiting game. if you do not see any obvious activity within a week then you may have to consider it might already be outside but generally you will have found it within a 2 or 3 nights.

i wish you all the best and good luck, i hope it does show up.

Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back