Love Thy Customer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought i would bump this thread since i had a real charmer of a customer today, the b**** threw a product at me and threatened to go to Today Tonight when i didn't immediately refund her change of mind purchase. Honestly, some people are complete nut cases, ruined my day :(

Thought i would bump this thread since i had a real charmer of a customer today, the b**** threw a product at me and threatened to go to Today Tonight when i didn't immediately refund her change of mind purchase. Honestly, some people are complete nut cases, ruined my day :(

Ugh, I hate people that automatically assume they can refund whatever they want, whenever they want, why ever they want.
My last 2ic copped the same sort of thing, this lady threatened him by telling him she will be waiting for him after he finishes work, he just said "ha you don't know when I finish"
And then she threw a DVD at him XD
Anyways,
For a change of mind purchase the customers rights Do Not Apply.

I have just got back from Sydney staying at Pots point. My best friend and I got off the train and we walked in to a newsagent to ask for directions. I think the people who are serving are Indian.

Best friend: Could you please tell me how to get to the Museum?
Sales assistant: Sorry?
BFf: I would like to know how to get to the museum please? could you tell me what direction I need to go?
Sales assistant: No we dont sell any of that.
BFf: Sorry Im asking you if you could help me find my way to the museum. Is there someone who can help me with that?
Sales assistant: (Turns to co-worker speaks to each other for a few moments in Indian I think) No sorry no english........
BfF: ok...... Thank you........
Sales assistant: Your very welcome! Please come again!

Bff and I walk away trying to find someone who may be able to help us when a lovely lady walks up and gives us directions. Turns out we just had to walk through a park to the other side........

oh dear, welcome to sydney!! lol..

I have worked in the cattle/hospitality industry(on many levels)for most of my adult life.... I could literally write a book on the rudeness and stupidity of customers. I will say that after managing a tourist concern in the Gulf for 5 years I wont work in the hospitality/retail industry again, each year people just became ruder and more demanding. I was always on my smug rug when patrons would demand to speak to the manager and I politely informed them they already were :D
One of my real pet peeves was when guests would go into the private orchard and pick fruit, then become abusive when they were asked to hand over the fruit and leave the private grounds..... Or they would take it upon themselves to wander willy nilly through the Staff quarters and private grounds lol we had printed out maps of where guests could wander and where was out of bounds? I actually had staff pick/bag fruit one year and most guests complained because we asked for $5 a bag(big shopping bag) after all it was "free" nahhh of course we didnt have to employ groundskeepers to look after the orchard? It all just magically happened lol....
I sometimes think people leave their manners and brains at home..... I will say though, the last town I lived in would have to be the absolute worst for service! Very few retail staff were polite or helpful so I guess it can work both ways :D

I have just got back from Sydney staying at Pots point. My best friend and I got off the train and we walked in to a newsagent to ask for directions. I think the people who are serving are Indian.

Best friend: Could you please tell me how to get to the Museum?
Sales assistant: Sorry?
BFf: I would like to know how to get to the museum please? could you tell me what direction I need to go?
Sales assistant: No we dont sell any of that.
BFf: Sorry Im asking you if you could help me find my way to the museum. Is there someone who can help me with that?
Sales assistant: (Turns to co-worker speaks to each other for a few moments in Indian I think) No sorry no english........
BfF: ok...... Thank you........
Sales assistant: Your very welcome! Please come again!

Bff and I walk away trying to find someone who may be able to help us when a lovely lady walks up and gives us directions. Turns out we just had to walk through a park to the other side........
Because Indian is a language.

I really don't want to work in retail. I know how dumb people can be.

for sure CM. I had a bloke demand dolphins come to the boat. I was still laughing when I put him on the plane that afternoon....farewell moron!

When I was at Seven Spirit Bay the whole place was open to guests, Interaction was encouraged, I had Barry Humphries over to my place for dinner one night. It was a hoot.

Because Indian is a language.
oh no you didn't.jpg

I could double this thread easily...I'll go for a couple of regulars.

Me: Hi mate, I'll have to ask you to leave the club- you look like you've had enough to drink.
Dummy:**** off idiot.
Me: Well, you can leave, or I can throw you out. Up to you.
Dummy: go naway you thryd, I've only had one beer and thhuytd is my ghdyb, so **** OFF
Me: You've obviously had enough, you need to leave.
Dummy:**** off, I'll leave when I'm ready ya ****.
Me: No, you're leaving now.(open palm on dummys back, other hand motions toward door)
Dummy: DONT ****ING TOUCH ME (throws punch, misses, throws kick, about 1 foot away from my shin)
Dummy, now in standing shoulderlock:What the **** are you throwing me out for???? I didnt do nothing!!!!

I swear this happens 20 times every night.

Ugh, I hate people that automatically assume they can refund whatever they want, whenever they want, why ever they want.
My last 2ic copped the same sort of thing, this lady threatened him by telling him she will be waiting for him after he finishes work, he just said "ha you don't know when I finish"
And then she threw a DVD at him XD
Anyways,
For a change of mind purchase the customers rights Do Not Apply.

I just can't fathom how anyone could think it ok to throw something at a staff member, it's just so far beyond accepted social etiquette...

Rather you than me bro. I can think of better things to do.

I could double this thread easily...I'll go for a couple of regulars.

Me: Hi mate, I'll have to ask you to leave the club- you look like you've had enough to drink.
Dummy:**** off idiot.
Me: Well, you can leave, or I can throw you out. Up to you.
Dummy: go naway you thryd, I've only had one beer and thhuytd is my ghdyb, so **** OFF
Me: You've obviously had enough, you need to leave.
Dummy:**** off, I'll leave when I'm ready ya ****.
Me: No, you're leaving now.(open palm on dummys back, other hand motions toward door)
Dummy: DONT ****ING TOUCH ME (throws punch, misses, throws kick, about 1 foot away from my shin)
Dummy, now in standing shoulderlock:What the **** are you throwing me out for???? I didnt do nothing!!!!

I swear this happens 20 times every night.

i'm a butcher so i get a few good ones, the best i can think of is;

customer: whats the difference between those sausages?
me: ones beef and ones pork.
customer: ohk.

now by the way one is red and one is white and all our products are labeld with names and prices

oh my am i glad i found this thread, ill be on here every three days gosh lol. The amount i could already throw on here, i'm only 18 and have been in my current (retail) job at spotlight for almost 2 and a half years, one of my pet hates is the situation that occurs, not always as bad as this one from the other day, but still regularly.

(this was over the phone)

customer: I want to order some warrick fabric
me: im sorry but we dont actually stock warrick fabric
c: no but i want to order some
m: unfortunently i cant order anything we dont stock
c: no i want to order some, ive spoken to warrick and they said i can order it from you but they dont sell to the public
m: im sorry but i cant order a fabric we dont stock
at this point the customer went bat ***** crazy and demanded to 'speak to someone else'
m: okay ill pop you through to a manager
after i paged the call to a manager my coworkers were looking at me like 'what the hell was that all about'
the store manager picked up the call (which is VERY unusual) obviously heard the frustration in my voice, and gave the woman essentially the same response, to which she demanded we source the fabric and warrick had given her the price, our manager said 'its not up to warrick to decide the price of our stock, especially an item that we dont stock at all and would have to source'
all in all the woman is paying 70$ for 1 metre of fabric that she could have got elsewhere

we have plenty of crazies at work and this wasnt the worst of the day

Rather you than me bro. I can think of better things to do.

Meh- it has its ups and downs mate. No paperwork, decent money, free alcohol and I get daytime free to finish my psych degree and my writing. Idiots are the downside, but even then every so often one will have a go outside of cctv range, and then you get to release all that built up frustration..

I work in a fashion store that doesn't give refunds either (unless the item is faulty of course,) my pet hate is getting crazy biatches screaming at me because they watched 60 minutes who said we have to refund. Well study contract law idiots, pretty sure that'll override 60 minutes any day.

Also, I could not contain the laughter when an Asian lady started screaming at my manager because the clothes are made in Asia and they're Asian sizes designed to fit Asians. Hahahaha priceless. (not being racist either, she had a VERY strong accent).

strangest question was a true "derp" moment. i work at a pet shop (pretty awesome job) and a man came in looked at all out tanks, and got to the cichlids and asked if the sand in the cichlid tank was wet... i said well it is in water with the fish... he went on telling me how it looks dry... OMG!!! the sand is in water with fish, yes the freakin sand is wet! just like everything else in the tank!!

As part of my job, we take incoming calls for the emergency maintenance line for Office of Housing tenants. I've been threatened that someone's going to kill me, sue me, get me fired etc, on a fairly regular basis. I've had people LOSING THEIR **** at me because I won't send an afterhours contractor out to fix their freaking blinds in the middle of the night, or have the audacity to tell them that just because they have 5 children, we can't get a contractor there any quicker.
My favourite call though so far:

Tenant(Still fairly okay at this point): "I'm calling on behalf of my mother *insert name here*, The roof's leaking blah blah blah"
Me: "Not a problem, and what's your name?"
Tenant(Word for word):"My name's Jason, I'm me mother's son"

It just got better from there.

Another one(Quite obviously under the influence of something):
Me: "And what's your name?"
Tenant: "Chris, Christy, Christina, oh, I don't even know anymore"

I love it when they go mental, I hang up on them, then 5 minutes later they call back being all pleasant. It's like they realised that we're the only ones who can help them with their issue.

I have to bite my tongue sometimes. I've lost count of the amount of times when I've told them it may be several hours before we can get someone there that I've had them ask "I've got 7 kids here, what do you want me to do?" Uhhh... keep your legs shut love, that's what I want you to do!!!

strangest question was a true "derp" moment. i work at a pet shop (pretty awesome job) and a man came in looked at all out tanks, and got to the cichlids and asked if the sand in the cichlid tank was wet... i said well it is in water with the fish... he went on telling me how it looks dry... OMG!!! the sand is in water with fish, yes the freakin sand is wet! just like everything else in the tank!!

You would truly be surprised how often i hear this one...

Customer: 'What colour is that rabbit?

Me: 'Which one?'

Customer: 'The brown one'

Me: '... um, it's Brown' o_O

Last edited:
I work at Optus so we get lots of these moments like the other day a customer was abusing a staff member coz we wouldn't take a 2 cent coin to pay his bill he then asked to speak to the manager..... What he didnt know was he was taking to the manager hahha needless to say he was still abusing her and said he's going to put a complaint in because of it...
then you get moments like I had yesterday where I girl that was with a guy I was serving had a bigger beard the the man she was with

Happy to see its not just me who has to put up with tossers all day at work. Some people have no idea and nothing better to do than complain about the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back