Railway Spike Tomahawk Update

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks....It is only small though...cutting edge 3 inch round...not too much steel in a railway spike haha

sure is, the older the better try and get yourself some that are older than dirt, it's so nice to work with

sure is, the older the better try and get yourself some that are older than dirt, it's so nice to work with

I am having trouble finding good charcoal or even better coal where I am. Heat beads are just no good! Like i said...i was born in the wrong time haha

Mate you are such a man! More man than man even.

Have you thought about trying to fold in some other carbon steel, that way you'll have more to work with and you'll get some damas patterning?

Nice citizen stopper Guzzo! that'll sort out those "bash and release" catfish and 'cooda!

Mate you are such a man! More man than man even.

Have you thought about trying to fold in some other carbon steel, that way you'll have more to work with and you'll get some damas patterning?

Hahah Thanks Gordo...haha....anyhow....I have seen a clip on you tube where a bloke addes a bit of High Carbon steel in the head of the tomahawk then forge welds it in. I would love to try it but need to get a bit more gear first....great fun! How's the Scrimshaw?

Still waiting for the scales off ebay and trying to doodle something worth doing. I'll have a dig at it tomorrow arvo if i can find some time.

That tomahawk is fantastic mate. Have you done the heat treat yet?

Still waiting for the scales off ebay and trying to doodle something worth doing. I'll have a dig at it tomorrow arvo if i can find some time.

That tomahawk is fantastic mate. Have you done the heat treat yet?

No, not yet....I am having trouble finding charcoal. I really would love some coal...I will go for a snoop about Winnellie Industrial area tomorrow....I will have to sniff something out. I punched my initials in (have to do that before heat treat) and the Southern Cross on the blade. Just doing some sanding while I have a beer. It is the same as with spring steel though...heat till a magnet won't stick then quench in oil....going to but a cheap toaster oven so i can temper in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back