Love Thy Customer...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would truly be surprised how often i hear this one...

Customer: 'What colour is that rabbit?

Me: 'Which one?'

Customer: 'The brown one'

Me: '... um, it's Brown' o_O

They probably want to know what type of colour "brown" it is, as in Agouti, chocolate etc, there are quite a few types of brown rabbits.

I am aware. Trust me, these people do not know this much about rabbits. They are the same people that usually point to guinea pigs and ask what they are.

Ahhh love this thread. Had a good read. I'll probably post every day I have a shift at work! I have always worked in some form with customer service/ retail/ hospitality. To those who swear they never will, suck it up princesses 90% of jobs these days involve working with people in some form. be it public or other employees!
I have so many stories, the usual crap, at the petrol station daily it's the whole no smoking and why? put the jerry can on the ground and why? no mobiles etc. Had tonnes of douches ask why they couldn't have that fish and that fish and that fish and you explain that ones a goldfish ones a cichlid and ones a freakin Wrasse! (salt water for those who don't know fish) At the pet store I worked at last tho the staff had the right to refuse a sale. So if the stupidity just kept on going and they weren't listening I could refuse to sell the animal. we also had codes on the bottom of our reciepts so if they returned cause the fish etc died it would say NR (not recommended) etc and the senior staff refused refund.
I also had stupid cold callers trying to sell me ****** when I was working on a switchboard for the Dept of defence. You'd always reply " did you just not listen to what I just said? I answered Department of defence. This is a switchboard, I'm not gonna buy your telco's offer. Goodbye" In the end we'd just hang up! Being on the switchboard we were the front line for the Army base. Don't know if anyone remembers the incident in Townsville with some 10FSB members and some kittens.... if you do (I shouldn't be typing this but I didn't sign a gag order) We had calls from all over AUS and even some fromn the UK and USA abusing the ****** out of us poor civie switchboard operators! Feel sorry for the PR worker who eneded up getting those calls, they would have got it just as bad as us.
I've heard most of the stories on here like they were my own (accept the gun. TOUCH WOOD I have not experienced that)
I have regular BO customers, regular oldies that should really be in homes or a carer at least. Douches who love to argue, a germaphobe OCD who loves to tell me how we should all kill snakes, some regulars who always tell me their sad life story and be damned who's waiting behind them. Slow *** buggers who take their sweet time etc Boss had one who said they used a divining rod on the fuel and the E10 is not 91% octane, poor 2IC was there and she quickly excused herself and P****d herself LOL out the back. But I have had one that I wish the camera's had sound, would put it on funniest video's. I've worked in these industries for over half my life and nothing, NOTHING prepared me for this one.
A lady, 30's dressed nicely. Clean and had a well maintained car about 10 yr old. Came in, usual niceties etc said she was having a bad week. I said that's no good. She proceeded to tell me how she's been to bris for hospital tests etc cause on the Wensday night she was abducted by aliens and had been anal probed. That we should all be careful, cause they'll be back and do it again. I just stood there with my mouth open. She was serious, said it straight faced and all. All I could say was that's and exit only area no entry allowed and put my hand on my butt. She smiled and said yeah I know and left. I PMSLOL for a good 10 minutes, had tears rolling down my cheeks and everything. Didn't know what to do.
I'm still waiting to trump that one.

Theres no proof aliens dont actually do that..

Still funny as! Petrol stations would bring many stories. I work in a pet shop. Makes u realize how stupid ppl are.

I've worked in 4 pet stores, one petrol station, Dept of defence switchboard twice, Ice creamery, Shire council and teachers aid twice and the worst interactions by far were one pet store and the petrol station. It's a great shift if I don't have to tell someone not to do something!

I work at a nursery (largest wholesale in the southern hemisphere actually). I don't really deal with customers much, not my department. But you always get people asking how big things grow. I just look on the label and then tell them. But they don't seem to learn because I do they same thing another half dozen times for the same customer. But the customer who takes the cake was a middle-aged lady who asked me why there were the different prices for the same variety of plant (actually because of the different sized pots obviously). She thought it was because of the different coloured pots in the same size. A red pot was $8.50 and a yellow pot was $55. I mean, seriously....

my fave hate atm is Sundays. I'm in a small town and we open at 7.30am. It's quiet on sundays, barely a soul about sometimes and all the stuff is outside. The paper stand, oil stand, traffic cones etc and customers pull up and cause they can't see me standing behind the register ( window tinting near counters are great) they walk up open the door and say "Are you open?" I soooo wanna say " Nah mate I just enjoy standing here on a sunday!":facepalm:

Love that emocon!

I work for a telco, actually the one everyone blames for everything. My pet peeves are arrogance, pompous ****ers and screamers.

My favorites are crazy people. One guy gave me a bunch of YouTube videos to watch documenting the presence of dragons on the dark side of the moon.

Another guy just continuously screamed 'take the barring off' over and over at me until I hung up. There was no barring on his phone. My partner had the same customer and in the end the guys mum got on the phone and lied to him saying it was done.

Also had people state that people were listening to them through there electrical appliances.

I think a cops job would be the worst though. My exs brother told us of a guy who would call 000 every week because he was convinced someone was sticking a camera up his bath drain hole to film him.

I had a telemarketer tonight at dinner time tell me to stop eating dinner with my family, shut up and listen to her holiday deal. Hahahaha I'm still in shock.

Well, I had this one freak come to my door to buy some heroin and............oops, nuff said ;)

omg she must have had a bad day!

I'm waiting for her call, can't wait to chat with that sweet pea again! I'm gonna threaten her that I've got her details for the office of fair trade regarding our number being on the do not call call register, unless she gives me this holiday package for free.... Hahaha I'm awesome.

Just to add to this, the next customer that mentions effing 60 minutes when they don't get their stupid, spoilt way, I am going to junkpunch so hard!! GAAAHH!! *vent*

Last edited:
Customer: Do rabbits need water?

Me: *not sure if serious or just stupid*

Got called into work yesterday to cover a shift. On my way home a hyundai decided I was going too slow and overtook me and flung up a rock that has cracked Rose's windscreen. Rose is my 1997 Rover Mini Mayfair.... I said quite a few words and gestures that were not seen. The crack is 1/3 the height of her windscreen and the roads are crap so it's jolted another 2cm in length. I'm moping at home today

Call just taken: (customer had a speech impediment)

Me: how can I help you?
Customer: my internet..... (muffled and slurred speech which I could not understand)...
Me: I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what you were saying?
Customer: Don't worry, I'll call back tomorrow when someone is willing to listen

He then hung up before I had a chance to respond! I understand it would be frustrating to have to repeat yourself but I'm not sure what he was expecting me to say if I can't understand him!!

I've had such a bad night! Grr!

Not really a customer but a royal pain

Aussie guy owns a string of villas and bars
Asked me about catching some cobras hanging round 3 villas
Got a phone call
He had trapped and caught a big cobra
Safely contained just needs pick up and release
Get there and the lousy mongrel wants me to buy it off him
Told him No way because we relocate snakes for free
Tells me he wants $100 for it so I burst out laughing and left
Rang me an hour later to tell me hes sold it for $5.......
would have ended up in a restaraunt

Better half had to stop me going back round there

An hour later an Indonesian family without a zack between them rang about a big snake
Loveliest bali retic Ive ever seen in their yard
Will take photos of it tomorrow but a gorgeous snake
Poor poor people and they wanted to give me money for helping them

Some days are diamonds

My favourite is gumpies and goopies for guppies =p

I've had some weird customers come in before...

One woman told me how delicious ferrets tasted
Another wanted to know if it was ok to shower with his guinea pig
But the true winner only came in within the last month, was interested in purchasing a flea from us for his son's science project.

Customers are always crazy, Christmas just just brings them out in higher numbers.
ROFPMSL!!

How much does a flea retail for these days? buhahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back