Strange looking leaf-tail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoJosh

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I had a P.platurus egg go 30 days over its clutch mate, it started to get a strange smell so I cut it open, alas a live gecko popped out, along with a substantial amount of unabsorbed yolk, not sure why it took so long but it looks premature.., oh and the smell I realised was my imagination....
Another weird thing about this gecko is it doesn't seem to have any black marking and the eyes are silvery brown as opposed to brown. Its really hard to make anything out as its still got its egg skin.
I cut it out last night and its still alive now so fingers crossed it pulls through.

l.jpg

[/h]And a normal hatchie as comparison
2-2.jpg

Last edited:
That's odd it looks trick as well mate hope it pulls through I bet you where not expecting that to happen.

Cheers Brenton

Very strange indeed. Will be interested to see if it survives and how it looks down the track a bit.

He looks very underdeveloped at the moment. Have you heard of humidi cribbing? I gave you a basic description earlier, it's a technique meant to bring through underformed/premature hatchlings as long as they are developed enough not to "flow" everywhere....

How's it going mate? Still holding in there. Goodluck with it josh.

Cheers Daniel

Sorry mate. Amazed it went on this long.

Cheers Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back