Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seconded. Also will there be any knowledgeable breeders of vens in attendance? Im after a rbbs but not until at least april or may!!

5 more sleeps

does anyone know will there be many turtles and murray darling carpets.

People asking about venomous animals. No, they are not allowed to be sold or displayed on the day, DSE rules. Only exeption at this stage is Black Snake Productions have been given aproval to display vens. There will be plenty of people to talk to regarding breeders.

Please 'like' our facebook page to keep up to date with the latest expo news- Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Attached is todays Herald-Sun article

Attachments

• h-s article Feb 13 2012.jpg
    h-s article Feb 13 2012.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 56
Does anyone know if there will be inverts for sale? I know its a herp expo but some of the herp keepers also like inverts. I wouldnt mind another T.

Does anyone know if there will be inverts for sale? I know its a herp expo but some of the herp keepers also like inverts. I wouldnt mind another T.
Minibeast was there last year.

"slippery reptiles"? Did they just take a bath? I don't mean to pick nits, but if you're trying to educate people on reptiles, one could have thought of a more accurate way to describe them than "slippery".

"slippery reptiles"? Did they just take a bath? I don't mean to pick nits, but if you're trying to educate people on reptiles, one could have thought of a more accurate way to describe them than "slippery".

He's a journo he knows what he's talking about LOL!

Last edited:
soooooo close now i can smell it...................

have not been sleeping well at all.................

saturday night comes i think i might!!!

Thats ok les I am sure you are not missed there

the expo was a giant letdown, i wont be returning to another one

Why is this your opinion? What did you expect or how could it be improved?

l myself have never ever been to any of the VHS Reptile Expos, since they first started in May 2006, and have no intention on ever going, to me its just like going to a large super store, so why should l have to pay a entry fee to attend, when l can go to a shop and see much the same in Reptile Products, and not have to pay a entry fee to enter the shop. each and everyone to their own.

If you have never been how can you have this opinion? I agree, more needs to be done to make it an exhibition, it is more of a reptile market. But there is no shop you would see all of those products in, connect with as many breeders or see Advanced Licence animals for sale. It is also considerably cheaper to buy animals from than any shop.
Why the entry fee? How would you cover the cost of hiring the venue, hiring the tables/chairs/partitions boards, insurance, advertising... to name a few.

I appreciate others opinions, but why knock the main event in Melbourne trying to promote the Herp hobby that we are all passionate about?

Thats ok les I am sure you are not missed there

Scott, l'm sure l am not missed at the VHS Reptile Expo & VHS Herp meetings, l already know what l need to know, for when its comes to keeping-breeding-sexing-husbandry-diet-health issues-indentification of Reptiles including sub-species.

So what am l going to learn when l already know what l need to know about Reptiles nothing am l, so its just a waste of my time and money in going to any Herp Meetings & Reptile Expos.

l don't know everything about all Reptile species, l only know about the Reptiles l am interested in keeping and breeding, so l am not someone who goes around thinking he his mr know it all or is a expert in keeping and breeding Reptiles.

l have plenty of friends for who l can get 100 & pure captive Reptiles from, including food source such as Rats-Mice-Insects, and l have account with a lighting wholesaler for who l can get cheap UV Tubes-Heat Lamps from also.

So what is the point in me going to any Reptile Expo, when l am already well covered in what ever l need or after.

When you have been into keeping and breeding Reptiles for 30 years, you sure do get to know alot of top breeders and who to and not to deal with.:p

Last edited:
l myself have never ever been to any of the VHS Reptile Expos, since they first started in May 2006, and have no intention on ever going, to me its just like going to a large super store, so why should l have to pay a entry fee to attend, when l can go to a shop and see much the same in Reptile Products, and not have to pay a entry fee to enter the shop. each and everyone to their own.

Oh really? a couple of pages ago you wrote this.
l may go the the VHS Reptile Expo it depends on what l am doing that day, but l wont be in a position to buy any Reptiles or Products, just to see whats there and who l know there, if l do go it will be my first Reptile Expo l have ever been to, it will be good to catch up with some old timers who l know from the past, that l have not seen or spoken to for a very long time, l will decide on the day whether l can go or not.

The Oenpelli's are going well along with my unicorn and bunyip, they all live together in a group enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back