Hypermel and amel Bluies.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

junglepython2

Surely they have been around long enough for someone to have created the double homozygous form by now? Anyone care to let us know how they turned out? Normal albino in appearance, flame orange or ...........???

i think there was at least 1 person doing it this season not 100% how he went tho

i know plenty of people have tried but im yet to hear of anyone having success. That said if i crack it then i would keep it quiet until i did the backcross with the offspring as thats where the real interesting stuff should pop out i reckon.

I tried it last year but only had limited adults to try it with....... no luck........ this year I have multiple males & females of amels & hypermels & will give it a red hot crack...... that said there are a few others also out there so one way or the other we should see it this year....

there have been a couple of people claim to have done it but fall short of providing the evidence so it may have been done....... snakeman 478 (Jonny) you have as good a chance as anyone with the animals you have I reckon !!!

Do you mean you will cross amel and hypermel this year Joe or cross a pair of double hets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back