Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just checked out Joemals profile and felt like such a try hard reptile lover! lol here i am with my tiny itty bitty Monty dreaming of something a little bit bigger, and BAM Joemals albums blew me away! the snakes in your album Joemal look amazing. Did everyone on here start out with small? or did u go straight 2 the big stuff? i must say i love big snakes but those scrubs scare the ***** outa me lol.

i started of with diamond intergrades lovely snakes don't stay small but dont get huge my male that i first got is now four and he is almost 8 foot

Hang in there kiddo :p
Your little beasty will get big. I started off with a tiny, hatchy bredli. she is now about 8ft long, bless her little heart :D Don't wish away the cute years, it is always great having the small ones, they are more fun!

i started off with a 5ft female atherton and 7ft male atherton jungles :)

We started off with a little baby Coastal...hes near 6ft long now!
I love the little stage, so we have snakes on either side of the scale.
We started small...and i miss that little stage!!!
Love it while you still can Xo

Hang in there kiddo :p
Your little beasty will get big. I started off with a tiny, hatchy bredli. she is now about 8ft long, bless her little heart :D Don't wish away the cute years, it is always great having the small ones, they are more fun!

lol, she has a ant of some sort hun!! not gonna get much bigger!

Joemals collection is fabulous!

I started out with to much lol such as laceys, blueys, carpets, scrubs, adders, taipans anything you can think of really lol

I just checked out Joemals profile and felt like such a try hard reptile lover! lol here i am with my tiny itty bitty Monty dreaming of something a little bit bigger, and BAM Joemals albums blew me away! the snakes in your album Joemal look amazing. Did everyone on here start out with small? or did u go straight 2 the big stuff? i must say i love big snakes but those scrubs scare the ***** outa me lol.

A Diamond Python, which is still my favourite snake.

Albino darwin was my first. He is staring at me from his enclosure saying.. feeeeeeeeeed me you just fed all the young snakes.. he ain't little any more!

I started out with a coastal carpet as a hatchie,he got to a length of just under 12 foot,much easier to handle as youngins.

bhp, he's getting bigger and beuter (will be in the Oxford soon) , but I love starting with a hatchy, it's good to see the phases and changes. And a lot easier than humans! And I believe there is bonding, maybe just a familiar and food related smell, but I think there is trust and recognition involved also. When I was away a lot the bhp used to come out as soon as I'd walked in the door. Even when he'd been incommunicado for days.

Last edited:
I started with a 35 gram Darwin, awesome little snake never bitten. Only ever stuck at me 3 times all of the warning strikes and 2 of the 3 where at night.

lol, she has a ant of some sort hun!! not gonna get much bigger!

Ah, guaranteed to be small :) not a bad thing though. When I strated out, all I wanted was for mine to get big. Eventually you realise size doesn't matter :p My new tree snake is more entertaining than any of my fat pythons and it is as thick as a pencil!

I started out small but went big a bit quicker than most .My first snake was a Spotted and ended up with Scrubby

416838_167634620020739_100003226064259_256786_1904664071_n.jpgseriously big snake 068.jpg

I started off with wild pythons that were a Childrens and a Carpet, it was many years ago and I lived out in the bush and didnt know about "licences" for reptiles or other wildlife. I had them for a couple of years and then "found" 0ut about all the legalities...(I moved just outside a town)so I let them go... the ingrate of a carpet slithered off very quickly but the Childrens hang around for a good while. I since got two coastal hatchies that are now yearlings and a new Hatchie Jungle. I only got my big Girl last Friday night she is a Coastal 2.5 years old and 1.6m in length her name is Jewel. Yearlings are Whisper and Gremlin, the Jungle spitfire is Pandora..... I have been tagged by Gremlin a few times(all stupidity induced) Pandora hmmmm I have lost count, but she is only 7 weeks old so I dont think the tags count(I bleed worse from my glucometer lol) I am eyeing off Jewels bigger head and fangs..... I think a tag from her will sit me on my botty lol.....

Thanks everyone. I found all your posts really interesting and ive come to the conclusion its the quality not quantity lol. I am only 31 lol maybe by the time im 50 i will have have a scrub too! ya neva know ;)

I started out with what ever was available to me by word of mouth inwhich was a coastal carpet python at the time ( and i still have her at 10-11ft @ 14yrs old), you newbys these days are spoilt with all the variation you can 'choose' from. wow i just realised i feel old the way that all came out of my head.

that has to be the only sweet scrubby I've ever seen... and I've seen a few! Love to meet it one day, just to really blow my mind! I started small and have pretty much stayed small! apart from one all the others are antaresia. Malachi the Murray Darling is only 1.6m long

that has to be the only sweet scrubby I've ever seen... and I've seen a few! Love to meet it one day, just to really blow my mind! I started small and have pretty much stayed small! apart from one all the others are antaresia. Malachi the Murray Darling is only 1.6m long

Trust me Manda she is not sweet .She will con you into letting your guard down and then get you .Eventually she will go into a large outdoor cage but she will never have a resting spot where she is higher than me .That would be suicide .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back