Bearded Dragon Breeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mine started at least 6 weeks ago as i have a clutch in the incubator 2 weeks old now. some of the reptile stores around here seem to have a never ending supply of hatchlings tho, so they must have more than a few pairs breeding around the calendar

I've had a clutch in the incubator for weeks already....they start just after they are warmed up. The earliest any of mine have laid clutches is mid August.

maddog unfortunately there are alot of breeders around that hold back quite a few from their last clutch of the previous season (or maybe simply cant get rid of them) but dont feed them alot so they stay small - these are the ones you see advertised and in pet shops as new hatchies around July/August :(

How little is too little for bearded dragons to start mating?

In the bearded dragon manual it says the beardies reach sexual maturity at 6 months of age which would mean they could start mating after that age and can have up 7 clutches per year off a fully mature pair but only expect 3-4 clutches from their first year of mating

How little is too little for bearded dragons to start mating?
anything under 18 months isnt a good idea for breeding - as it can lead to issues .

I've had a clutch in the incubator for weeks already....they start just after they are warmed up. The earliest any of mine have laid clutches is mid August.

maddog unfortunately there are alot of breeders around that hold back quite a few from their last clutch of the previous season (or maybe simply cant get rid of them) but dont feed them alot so they stay small - these are the ones you see advertised and in pet shops as new hatchies around July/August :(
the main reason why pepole cant get rid of there hatchys is because they want too much for them .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back