Kritters crumble

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Reaction score
just bought some crumble. Does it need to be washed/cooked? I think i know the answer but as always I'm looking for the easy way out.

no, can use it right out of the bag, it will be quite damp as thats how they pack it, gets more in the bag or some rubbish. I use it straight out of the bag for my jungles as the extra humidity isn't an issue, enclosure lights dry it out within a day or two. But if you want you can dry it out in the sun or in a low oven if you're worried about humidity

no, can use it right out of the bag, it will be quite damp as thats how they pack it, gets more in the bag or some rubbish. I use it straight out of the bag for my jungles as the extra humidity isn't an issue, enclosure lights dry it out within a day or two. But if you want you can dry it out in the sun or in a low oven if you're worried about humidity

Excellent. Thanks for your help. In it goes. I'd probably dry it out a bit in the sun if I could, but seeing I haven't laid eyes on the sun since last year some time (along with the rest of NSW) I don't think I'll bother trying.

I've found a cockroach in an open bag once but that was an escapee from my woodies colony, but opening a new bag and finding them is not right, definately get on your suppiler. Does anyone who where they package the stuff, I know the coir comes from Sri Lanka so if the cockroaches came in from there I would have thought that is really not good from a biosecurity standpoint too

hmmm. Can't be certain about this one. As I was opening the bag with a pair of scissors two cockroaches ran out. I saw a third one go into the bag. I just tipped a heap of it on the ground and can't see any so maybe they were just in the crease of the sealed packaging and I disturbed em when I was opening it.

Ok - I just tipped the whole lot out. Nothing there. I'm going with "crease of the sealed packaging" and assuming all is well.

Last edited:
Should add to their packaging
"Now comes with a free snack for your Bearded Dragon!"

hmmm. Can't be certain about this one. As I was opening the bag with a pair of scissors two cockroaches ran out. I saw a third one go into the bag. I just tipped a heap of it on the ground and can't see any so maybe they were just in the crease of the sealed packaging and I disturbed em when I was opening it.

Ok - I just tipped the whole lot out. Nothing there. I'm going with "crease of the sealed packaging" and assuming all is well.

Good to hear, i had images of aus quarantine services impounding shipments of crumble hahahahaah guess there's no need to run out and buy a dozen bags now hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back