murray darling carpets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW!!!!!! Astrosteve - that is the best looking MD I've seen a pic of (sorry if I've upset anyone showing other pics). Once again - AWESOME looking critter

I love my MDs... they're a fair bit bigger than this now, but I don't have any recent pics, unfortunately. I'll have to grab some.

Great handlers (although my female was a bit snappy when smaller), and feeders. My boy is the most placid thing in the world.

MDs008.jpg

MDs009.jpg

nice snakes i went to the expo planning on getting one but somehow walked out with a jungle lol. but definatly getting one when we moe in the next couple of weeks the expo was great compleatly changed my parents perspective every now and then i even see them searching up different pythons YAY. :eek:

I have to say, Murray darlings have got to be one of the most underrated of the carpet python species in my opinion. Their colours, yet limited, are so contrasting. Love them to bits.

Attachments

• 20120216_130345.jpg
    20120216_130345.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20111219_160434.jpg
    20111219_160434.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0158.jpg
    IMG_0158.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0133.jpg
    IMG_0133.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 87
I am due to get my two new boys soon and I can't wait. Many thanks to Sharon.:)
I will post some pics straight away (like all proud new parents:oops: )

I still hold hopes that my dear little Solomon Kane (Spotted) will turn up. It has been hard enough living at my brother's (as much as I appreciate it - and I truly do). I guess all the disorganization and mayhem was sure to result in me forgetting something......that something was to lock Solomon's door:(

Looks like we may finally have a new place, thanks to an old friend.....so the new Murray Darlings, the birds, the cats, the dogs, the horses, us....and hopefully Solomon, can all breathe easier out on 48 acres. Fingers crossed.

Crap...this was supposed to be about my new MDs, sorry....always was a yakker!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous! To every animal in this thread. Still very pricey here to get a metcalfei, but they are very high on my want list. Great pics everyone!

Dave

Great to have some O.S members! It's nice to see how much our wildlife is appreciated around the globe. I hope your dream of owning an MD comes true soon:)
Morgana

I adopted a young md pythonfounding think I couldn't have found a better first pet snake.ive had him/her for a little over a month and has been absolutely no trouble and is gorgeous :)

Great to have some O.S members! It's nice to see how much our wildlife is appreciated around the globe. I hope your dream of owning an MD comes true soon:)
Morgana

Thank you! It will. I just have to wait untill it won't cost me a kidney. :rolleyes: A Diamond I think is next on the list.

How much do they go for there?

Well, there aren't a whole lot of them available in the States yet. More are getting brought in from Europe, and more people are becoming interested in them, as well as the Darwins, (variegata). The last public ad I saw was...

kingsnake.com Classifieds: Inland Carpet Pythons - M.s. metcalfei - Ground Floor Opportunity - $4k/pair

I might be able to get a bit of a better deal if I had the money up front and could afford it, through other channels, but that pretty much sets the market at this point...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back