A Must Watch.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the difference with what people did to some a few hundred years ago here in Australia??

[h=6]Who is JOSEPH KONY?
He is THE WORST LIVING CRIMINAL. He abducts children and makes them use guns to kill their own parents. He takes girls and forces them to be sex slaves. He calls his abducted children the Lord’s Resistance Army, AKA the LRA. He has abducted over 30,000 children and forced them to be child soldiers in Central Africa. He remains at large because he is INVISIBLE to the world. FEW know his name, even FEWER know his crimes. WE ARE MAKING HIM FAMOUS! Because when he is, the world will unite against him and demand his arrest..[/h]

and another falls to exaggerated facts..

are you aware that this organisation funds the Ugandan army, also known for rape and murder, even though by their own admission Kony hasn't been active in Uganda since 2006..

I'm unbelievably sick of hearing about this guy and in general these types of ridiculous campaigns that will ultimately change nothing..

and another falls to exaggerated facts..

are you aware that this organisation funds the Ugandan army, also known for rape and murder, even though by their own admission Kony hasn't been active in Uganda since 2006..

I'm unbelievably sick of hearing about this guy and in general these types of ridiculous campaigns that will ultimately change nothing..

Mmmmm and you know this because? Internet.
I believe this has more to back its story than yours.

Mmmmm and you know this because? Internet.
I believe this has more to back its story than yours.

actually take a bit of time to look into the "charity" or even just a glance at the larger situation in africa and how there are so many worse people there..

it's ok though, continue to watch and spread a video made by a probably corrupt charity that funds an army responsible for crimes as equally terrible to the ones they are apparently against, that makes sense.. enjoy acting like a social activist until this is forgotten in a few weeks and everything goes back to how it was..

actually take a bit of time to look into the "charity" or even just a glance at the larger situation in africa and how there are so many worse people there..

it's ok though, continue to watch and spread a video made by a probably corrupt charity that funds an army responsible for crimes as equally terrible to the ones they are apparently against, that makes sense.. enjoy acting like a social activist until this is forgotten in a few weeks and everything goes back to how it was..
Pick the details all you like just to Be on the out crowd.
big picture= people become informed
Pressure from the people
action must be taken
not just this issue but as whole if this type of attack can work it will mean a lot or our generation.

Don't be so negative

Pick the details all you like just to Be on the out crowd.
big picture= people become informed
Pressure from the people
action must be taken
not just this issue but as whole if this type of attack can work it will mean a lot or our generation.

Don't be so negative

this isn't going to change a damn thing though, that's my point, do you really believe eliminating Kony will make Africa a better place because it wont at all someone else will pop up to take his place. do you believe Kony and his militia are the only ones who commit these atrocities, news flash almost every african nation has the same **** going on in regards to child soldiers some even with real armies, its far from new, hell Kony has been at it for near 30 years, but now all of a sudden its an issue that everyone is getting upset about.

it's ridiculous this isn't going to do anything to solve their problems, no amount or financial, medical or military aid can help them while corruption is so rampant throughout Africa..

anyway i'm done with this all it does is annoy me so call me when something drastic changes, i expect your call sometime between now and never..

Catching 1 person means there is one less person that can commit these sorts of crimes. I bet anyone would want the one person caught if the same thing happened to their own child.

How can anyone even relate what happened a few hundred years ago to whats happening now. As it states in the video there are more people on facebook now then there was in the whole world a few hundred years ago. it is a hell of alot easier to raise awareness now then it would have been then. The more people aware the more people want it stopped. The more people want it stopped the more people will try and stop it.

I would prefer to jump onboard and be a social activist if thats what it takes to catch one person. If everyone in the world was as negitive as you guys the whole world would be like africa because nobody would be doing anything to stop this sort of crime anywhere.

Last edited:
People can be so negative.
you don't no try stop a rapist just cause theres one more around the corner do you.
people are just pissed at how well this campaign is doing

People can be so negative.
you don't no try stop a rapist just cause theres one more around the corner do you.
people are just pissed at how well this campaign is doing

completely different circumstance, you can't compare outcomes here to the outcomes in a 3rd world country.. of course there is reasoning that supports the capture of criminals but in africa as things stand its utterly useless, take one down and more will pop up in its place.. even if he was caught an sent to trial nothing of note will happen considering the ICC has not had a single successful prosecution to date as far as i'm aware..

what i'm pissed about is people being mislead with exaggerated facts from a ****ty charity that is funding the Ugandan government and army to get Kony who by the charities own admission hasn't even been active there since 2006, when the same government is responsible for the same crimes..

I have no issue with people wanting to change things in Africa despite how much i feel it's a lost cause but this is certainly not the way to go about it.. You're essentially funding a corrupt charity so they can fund a corrupt government who is going to misuse the money and end up committing the same crimes, it seems none of you can see the stupidity or hypocrisy of this whole thing..

also, do any of you remember the last time someone went into a country to catch a high ranking criminal, i believe that took 10 years, countless lives of both military and civilians and we're still stuck there..

negativity or realism..

To all of the posters claiming that others are "being negative"

- not everyone will agree with your viewpoint on Kony, thats life, get over it and stop trying to make everybody think the same way you do.
Some of us are old and cynical, been there, done that and are happy to let the next generation have their day in the spotlight, go fight for what you believe in.. If you believe what you are doing will make a difference then go for it.

Each generation has had their 'own' cause that they felt compelled to do something about. This is obviously yours. Now stop telling people they are being negative just because they have an opinion that is different to yours. Last time i checked I had the intelligence to make my own decisions regardless of what peer pressure says I should think or do.

I LOVE this video. What an amazing cause. I will not ever donate money to a charity because I don't believe the money goes directly to the cause. Like I think everyone knows this stuff goes on but I personally have just understood to what extent. That experience would be terrifying!
So my mates and I are buying 250 posters to plaster/vandalize the town on April 20th. A bit like when we were 15 :D haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back