Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rozzza.louise89

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
i have 2 queries today, actually 3, sorry.
I just fed my snake, all normal but hes rubbing his mouth along the floor, his body and whatever else he can. He had some water and did the big head shake like he was saying yuck.. I've never noticed this happen before.. surely someone has? or knows why?
Second, I had a quick look online today to obtain another licence so i can have more than 2 snakes.. i didnt find anything.. Does anyone know if i can have more than 2 snakes in Qld?
And last... When feediing in seperate tank or container whatever it is.. how long do you leave ur snake in before putting it back in normal enclosure??
Thanksss :D

I am not sure about the head/body rub on the floor, unless it smelled of its food? mine rub their mouths heads over their food.... You can keep more than 2 snakes on the one licence in QLD but there are certain species that you can only have 2 of eg GTP(ohhh please let me be right lol) I usually wait for my guys to do the big final yawns after the last mouthful then gently put them in their tank again :) this is just what I do maybe different or "wrong" by other people's thoughts :) My guys are still living ;) ohhh and they smile and wag their tails at me too heh heh heh

Oh wow this could be awesome news to my ears or eyes lol. A local chick has got GTP hatchlings for $400 and I've been searching I think it's rather cheap for a GTP. But I have a spotted and just about to get a jungle on Thursday!! Excited. so if I am allowed to keep more than 2 I'll be looking to get 1.
I have no idea what his doing he was really hungry maybe he got some of the sand in his mouth aswell I just think the whole going crazy around the tank then shaking his head after he had a drink was weird..
I'm going to take him out of his cage and feed him in a separate container from now on.. Hope his okay will find out soon I guess

$400 for GTP hatchies seems exceptionally cheap to me. Could be a good buy. Could be buyer beware. Just make sure you read up on what to look for, particularly with GTP's (prolapse etc) to ensure you are infact getting a good deal.

Yes your right u can't have as many snakes lizards as you want but it's only 2 gtps and some other ones lol

I feed mine in there house I no a few more people that do the same and haven't had a problem makes it easy :)

I just got a 7 year old carpet on the weekend and it's been feed in cage all the time and I can still reach in and grab him out just show him ya not food :)

I noticed my Bredli rubbing his nose and mouth after feeding him on Sunday, I just figured he was massaging his jaw after taking on a larger than normal rat.

Yes your right u can't have as many snakes lizards as you want but it's only 2 gtps and some other ones lol

I feed mine in there house I no a few more people that do the same and haven't had a problem makes it easy :)

I just got a 7 year old carpet on the weekend and it's been feed in cage all the time and I can still reach in and grab him out just show him ya not food :)

Is this I can or can't lol?

You can keep more than two pythons on your rec licence, however some pythons are restricted meaning you can only keep 2 or less, eg - GTP's, womas..

So you could have 2 stimsons, 2 spotted, 5 jungles etc.. but when it comes to restricted you can only have 2 of that breed.

If you wanted to keep more than 2 of those specific breeds then you need to upgrade your licence. :)

Does that make sense?

Is this I can or can't lol?

you can own asmany reptiles you want on the queensland recreational lisence. the only resticitions are that you can oy have a maximum of two restricted reptiles. ie two gtp's or one gtp and one woma. if you want more than two of either gtp's or womas you need a restricted lisence.

My BHP often drinks after eating, and I have noticed that occasionally he will accidentally inhale some of the water and will then rub his head against the substrate or himself in an effort (I assume) to get the water out. Maybe this has happened to your snake?

$400 for a GTP...jesus thats incredibly cheap...cheapest I have seen is $900....I would love a GTP :( lol

my ackie does it and some of my snakes. i though just rubbing off the scent or blood or juices from the feed

awesome.
your all so very helpful like always :D
I was going so in depth trying to find it on the derm site!
I ended up getting a list of exempt birds.
very annoying!
Yeah i think i was just being really paranoid with the water and rubbing thing.
All good now.
:D
Oh, and the $400 GTP- i dont think was real :( so very sorry for that piece of false information. I think someone was just trying to make me feel like crap..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back