delani and vertabralis

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonReptiles

Banned
Reaction score
31b2001c-4395-7ff2.jpg
31b2001c-43cf-1949.jpg

Does anyone know if these smooth knob tailed geckos are in captive at all? I was just wondering!!

I do believe deleani are in captivity but not being distributed, vertebralis are not legally in the pet trade but I don't know, maybe a zoo has them?

wow they are beautiful, why isent the first one in captivity ? is it nearly extinct or something

ahhh the things i would do to get them

Every Nephrurus keeper has the same mentality, and believe me there are some out there that are much better placed to get them.

wow they are beautiful, why isent the first one in captivity ? is it nearly extinct or something
The first one as I said is in captivity, it was collected from its extremely small distribution legally, however it is not in the pet trade as there have been complications with its breeding. As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong, all individuals in captivity at this time are past breeding age.
The second which is far far prettier in real life, and which is my favourite species known to science, is not in captivity because it occurs only within WA.

I'll put up some pictures of wild N.vertebralis to show you just how pretty they are.

Nephrurus vertebralis by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Hahahaha yeah it be great to see them breed in captivity. Maybe one day I might be lucky enough to see them in the pet trade.

but what u meant is its 2012 did we just discover this animal 3 years ago or something, the reptile trades probs been going on for 40 years or so

A guy in Europe has got both to breed recently saw pics on Facebook not long ago also sxr has a page on them on there website unsure if they still have them though

deleani will be amazing after a couple of years in captivity imagine the colors breeders will get out of them, how long till u reckon till they start circulating around ??? then will we have problems getting them on the wildlife license for allowed geckos bit for each state ???

Last edited:
but what u meant is its 2012 did we just discover this animal 3 years ago or something, the reptile trades probs been going on for 40 years or so

Nope these have been well known for a long time, but so have many many things not in the trade, people have not always been so easily able to go out to such remote habitats to collect a number of animals and most of the things in the pet trade really are just whatever people could get their hands on when the moratorium was announced.

While I'd love for deleani to become popular in the pet trade it sickens me to think there are people sitting out there already just thinking of all the morphs that could be made out of them. I like deleani for the absolutely beautiful creatures they are as wild types, the same reason I find vertebralis so stunningly attractive.

Nope these have been well known for a long time, but so have many many things not in the trade, people have not always been so easily able to go out to such remote habitats to collect a number of animals and most of the things in the pet trade really are just whatever people could get their hands on when the moratorium was announced.

While I'd love for deleani to become popular in the pet trade it sickens me to think there are people sitting out there already just thinking of all the morphs that could be made out of them. I like deleani for the absolutely beautiful creatures they are as wild types, the same reason I find vertebralis so stunningly attractive.

Well said mate I love the colours too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back