Giving pit bull owners a bad name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, a good percentage of pit bull owners give pit bulls a bad name... the same people who enjoy watching snakes eat live rodents...

I really want a pitbull :( stupid government and stupid people for breeding them for the wrong reasons.

:O I dont care if anyone disagrees with me but that is truly a sick evil disgusting excuse of a human being! It's not the dogs fault he's only trying to impress his human, bloody disgusting!

I'm not watching that but I must say I've not had a bad experience with anyone making unfair comments about my dogs. I have two staffy x's and everyone loves them. Mine have fought though and it's bloody scary but they now wear muzzles inside and are pulled up each time they stare at each other or get too rough when playing. It's not always the owners fault when dogs behave badly. I refuse to watch a dog attack anything on video, that's just sick.

The second video is very cute.

The first video is very disappointing (but not surprising). The bitch looks like she's pregnant too, or has been.

Unfortunately it is the same with a lot of breeds, I used to breed Bull Mastiffs for pets not show. I hear so many people say how savage they are??? IMO you couldnt get a more gentle breed with kids and people in general. If you have an overly agressive strain in the breed(any breed)It will generally pass over onto the pups. I have seen and felt totally agressive "little" dogs, Need I even address the issue of how the dogs are raised? I have seen people starve and chain their dogs(chain mad they call it)to make them more "feisty" for dog fighting etc Yes, there are certain breeds that will become aggressive more quickly than other breeds as their breed was predominately bred for guard etc however these breeds are still, as a rule, loving loyal members of a family and society if they are trained and raised in a "responsible" manner. Once again it is some sections of humanity screwing around with nature "trying" to forfill their own warped needs that spoil it for others who would do the right and decent thing....

geez, you can't really blame the government...

No I don't entirely, but it does suck that they are a restricted/banned breed (although completely understandable because of who's bred them).

Unfortunately it is the same with a lot of breeds, I used to breed Bull Mastiffs for pets not show. I hear so many people say how savage they are??? IMO you couldnt get a more gentle breed with kids and people in general. If you have an overly agressive strain in the breed(any breed)It will generally pass over onto the pups. I have seen and felt totally agressive "little" dogs, Need I even address the issue of how the dogs are raised? I have seen people starve and chain their dogs(chain mad they call it)to make them more "feisty" for dog fighting etc Yes, there are certain breeds that will become aggressive more quickly than other breeds as their breed was predominately bred for guard etc however these breeds are still, as a rule, loving loyal members of a family and society if they are trained and raised in a "responsible" manner. Once again it is some sections of humanity screwing around with nature "trying" to forfill their own warped needs that spoil it for others who would do the right and decent thing....

Unfortunately I have one of those little aggressive dogs. I adopted her after she was abused and neglected by her previous owner, so she's more timid than anything but she gets really scared of strangers. Although she's much better now because I have a toddler sister (and shes never ever attacked her, she plays with her so well now), I can tell she still feels threatened by most people and other dogs. It really peeves me off when I take her on her walk and a child will see her and the kids parents will tell them "oh go on, go pat the puppy." and then I look nasty when I tell the kid "just let her sniff your hand first, and just walk up to her slowly," (and then the other day), " no kid, please don't put your face on my dogs face!" and I was the one that got the dirty look from the mother!? I don't know my dogs history entirely, and although I trust she'll never ever attack anyone, I still don't wanna risk it by letting people run up to her and grabbing at her. it still bugs me that people will just rush her and stress her in public just because she looks cute. In saying that, she'll lick you to death over anything else, but I still don't want a court case over that ;)

Last edited:
It's not the breed it's the owners.
A well trained dog does as it's told.I've had 5 Pitts in my time and never had a problem.that tool,with that dog is the reason that Pitts have a bad name.

never owned a pittie but i do own 2 bull terriers (as a family) and scoobs just looks at you like ''awww gimme a scratch and i go to mah bed' and Hugo is just this massive lump of muscle and doesn't realise his own strength and rolls around orgasmically on scoobs' bed but neither would hurt a fly

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing. Seven weeks in hospital and several major operations and pain and swelling for months after. The little girl is fine now however she is scared stiff of any dog and finds it hard to walk down street out of fear. On a side note the dog a red cattle cross staffy was put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing. Seven weeks in hospital and several major operations and pain and swelling for months after. The little girl is fine now however she is scared stiff of any dog and finds it hard to walk down street out of fear. On a side note the dog a red cattle cross staffy was put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet

no offence, but that is one of the most ridiculous things i've heard, its like saying we should all wrap ourselves in bubblewrap just incase we trip over.. what do you mean by "put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet", do you mean the cop shot it, if so that's terribly unnecessary unless it was still "attacking"..

i don't mean to be racist, but 90% of these types of videos are created by black people, no doubt white people do the same dumb **** but certain races are more highly represented.. i saw one video the other day where a little dog was held up by the lead attached to it's collar and spun around and around it truly was one of the most sickening things i've seen and the whole time these guys were laughing about it..

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing.

so by that way of thinking all men should have their bits cut off cos they have the ability to rape.

I feel for the little girl, but your statement is absolutely ridiculous and total overkill.

Although I don't agree 100% either, I hope your little girl is ok and one day learns to trust dogs again, poor thing would be absolutely terrified for a very long time :(

i must of watched the wrong video cause i see nothing wrong with the first one, the dog doesnt do anything to the gator and is on a lead, the second ones just stupid

and whats with the 'pit ball' bit the dog could have just as easily been a terrier

as the dog whisperer says, blame the dog NOT the breed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back