Giving pit bull owners a bad name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i must of watched the wrong video cause i see nothing wrong with the first one, the dog doesnt do anything to the gator and is on a lead, the second ones just stupid

and whats with the 'pit ball' bit the dog could have just as easily been a terrier

as the dog whisperer says, blame the dog NOT the breed

the dog is obviously both animal and people aggressive and has an owner who pretty much encourages that behaviour, at least that's what i saw..

the dogs is clearly an American Staffordshire Terrier or an American Pit Bull Terrier, there is no doubt there..

the dog whisperer is a ******** with outdated and sometimes very cruel tactics, that said, blame the owner not the dog or breed..

Perhaps what it gets down to is People need to be held more accountable for their actions NOT the animal.... Trouble is the Gov bodies(councils) tend to use these situations(pit bulls, other breed attacks) as more of a revenue grasping exercise than a preventative or educational exercise..... One of my bug bears are people who have "working" dog's/ x's and either chain them in the back yard or leave them there to their own devices. The dogs become so bored/frustrated/aggressive/untrained that they often become a public menace if they escape/some-one enters their territory..... I have personally been attacked/bitten by 3 bored/untrained "cattle dog"/ work dog crosses, my Step Son was actually pulled off his bike by an untrained/bored red cattledog. I never blame the Dog, it is "Irrisponsible" owners and the Lackadaisical(sp) Uneducated powers that be that are at fault not the animals....

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing. Seven weeks in hospital and several major operations and pain and swelling for months after. The little girl is fine now however she is scared stiff of any dog and finds it hard to walk down street out of fear. On a side note the dog a red cattle cross staffy was put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet

Thats ridiculous. Kill all venomous snakes too, because they have the ability to kill humans? I'm seriously astounded. Sigh.

i still must of been watching the wrong video donkey

because all i seen was a friendly dog with its tail wagging sniffing at the gator, i sure as hell didnt see a dog that was both animal and people agressive going in for the kill, if the dog and owner were that way inclined then why was he on a strong chain under the owners total control?

maybe some of you are seeing the words PIT BULL and seeing what you think you want to see

as for the dog whisperer ive seen him save 'aggressive' dogs doomed to be put to sleep, love to see if YOU could do the same thing

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing. Seven weeks in hospital and several major operations and pain and swelling for months after. The little girl is fine now however she is scared stiff of any dog and finds it hard to walk down street out of fear. On a side note the dog a red cattle cross staffy was put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet
Shaking my head in disbelief at the stupidity of that comment.

Perhaps what it gets down to is People need to be held more accountable for their actions NOT the animal.... Trouble is the Gov bodies(councils) tend to use these situations(pit bulls, other breed attacks) as more of a revenue grasping exercise than a preventative or educational exercise..... One of my bug bears are people who have "working" dog's/ x's and either chain them in the back yard or leave them there to their own devices. The dogs become so bored/frustrated/aggressive/untrained that they often become a public menace if they escape/some-one enters their territory..... I have personally been attacked/bitten by 3 bored/untrained "cattle dog"/ work dog crosses, my Step Son was actually pulled off his bike by an untrained/bored red cattledog. I never blame the Dog, it is "Irrisponsible" owners and the Lackadaisical(sp) Uneducated powers that be that are at fault not the animals....

Oh my god I couldn't agree more! A few months ago, dad and I picked up a new motocross bike off these farmers who had fourteen pigging dogs! I kid you not, we counted them, FOURTEEN! All of them looked healthy and well-fed but they were all on short chains, and they all looked packed full of energy and rearing to go for the next weekend of piggin. They. Were. Psycho!

In defence of WP, It would be very difficult to witness an attack of that nature. I may not agree with his comment, however after seeing my Step Son pulled off his bike by an out of control animal in "our" own yard I can appreciate the trauma of witnessing dog attacks first hand. I feel he was strongly putting forward his views on the need for dog owners to control/restrain their dogs.....

because all i seen was a friendly dog with its tail wagging sniffing at the gator, i sure as hell didnt see a dog that was both animal and people agressive going in for the kill, if the dog and owner were that way inclined then why was he on a strong chain under the owners total control?

maybe some of you are seeing the words PIT BULL and seeing what you think you want to see

as for the dog whisperer ive seen him save 'aggressive' dogs doomed to be put to sleep, love to see if YOU could do the same thing

just because a dog tail is wagging doesn't mean it's happy, did you miss the part where the dog lunged at the camera man.. strong chain is more of a fashion accessory for these kinds of people and it certainly wasn't under total control, holding it back does not constitute control..

as for seeing the word Pit Bull i love them and all bull breeds even those funny looking banana face guys, actually even own an Amstaff..

you clearly haven't seen many of the techniques he uses, obviously its great to save some dogs, but by kicking them in the guts (theres many videos of this), no thanks..

I am with you on this one as far as the first video goes, that dog was more curious and spun out than aggressive and the owner had her under control and was not going to let her attack the alligator. As for the dog whisperer, he has a lot of very nice dogs acquired for free by telling people their dogs only hope is to live with him, hmmm.

i just watched the videos as i wanted to see what all the fuss was about... I dont believe the first dog is being in anyway aggressive, i think it was more wondering "what the hell is this and being inquisitive...

and as far as "going the camera man", that dog did not display any aggressive behaviour in my opinion...

just because a dog tail is wagging doesn't mean it's happy, did you miss the part where the dog lunged at the camera man.. strong chain is more of a fashion accessory for these kinds of people and it certainly wasn't under total control, holding it back does not constitute control..

as for seeing the word Pit Bull i love them and all bull breeds even those funny looking banana face guys, actually even own an Amstaff..

you clearly haven't seen many of the techniques he uses, obviously its great to save some dogs, but by kicking them in the guts (theres many videos of this), no thanks..

The dog knew the camera man. It may have been scared of the camera or it mat have not even been lunging aggressively at all.

The dog knew the camera man. It may have been scared of the camera or it mat have not even been lunging aggressively at all.

i think there may have even been another dog with the camera man that was barking? It looked more like an excited bounce as if to say "look whats over there...

i think there may have even been another dog with the camera man that was barking? It looked more like an excited bounce as if to say "look whats over there...
Yeah, I think you may be right, either way, the dog was never a threat to the gator, which is obviously someones pet and not going to be allowed to be harmed.

I own an American pit bull terrier and an American staffordshire terrier i am very responsible both of my dogs are obedience trained to companion dog excellence level they are reptile friendly and friendly to cats they know, they are also very social and get on well with dogs that behave normally. They are extremely child friendly. Unfortunately most other people i meet that own these types of dogs are idiots and shouldn't own a mouse let alone a dog and let alone a powerful breed. They were attracted to the breed for all of the wrong reasons.
And we all end up getting tarred with the same brush, and one of the greatest breeds of dog gets a bad reputation and nonsensical legislation follows. ---- end rant-----

Last edited:

:facepalm:

I knew that face palm button would get some use........ seriously...... wow :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
face palm face palm face palm face palm (just in case the smiley isn't getting the message accross):facepalm::facepalm: face palm

Lunging at the camera man like it did was clearly aggressive. It's behaviour at the end toward the alligator (hanging by its neck, snapping) is clearly aggressive. People must be blind, honestly.

I knew that face palm button would get some use........ seriously...... wow :facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
face palm face palm face palm face palm (just in case the smiley isn't getting the message accross):facepalm::facepalm: face palm

You need one of these :O

3480468593_d4ed2b2df4.jpg

i meant to say earlier, in no way do I approve of either the alligator or the dog being put in that position...

Notchestiger, i agree to disagree, on this one, but will watch it again in the morning...

Lunging at the camera man like it did was clearly aggressive. It's behaviour at the end toward the alligator (hanging by its neck, snapping) is clearly aggressive. People must be blind, honestly.

Agreed, the behaviour shown is pretty obvious, while not at the extreme end of the scale you'd still have to be blind to not see it..

i meant to say earlier, in no way do I approve of either the alligator or the dog being put in that position...

Notchestiger, i agree to disagree, on this one, but will watch it again in the morning...

i agree with you on that point, neither the dog or alligator should have ever been put in that position, it's irresponsible ownership at its finest..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back