Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice one with the white lipped snake baz,thats my old ladys house,missed u by 5 mins,i recognise where u let it go to,a few copperheads and tigers there to,also ive seen a brown snake,adult just around the corner at the reserve,many years ago,was dead unfortunatly,but they are down in our neck of the woods

Your mum is a top lady Richard, and she keeps a snake to. I bet you spent a few hours in "that spot" where I released him to.
Last year i caught a big brown snake in the area to.
Anyway, here is a couple of copperheads I released in Greens Bush.

[video=youtube;IgvcJA1ZNwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgvcJA1ZNwU[/video]

This big old tiger had it made in the shade till I was called to relocate her.
I wish I could have left her there but I could not talk them into letting her stay.
[video=youtube;o17_chXswYU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17_chXswYU[/video]

Shizzle Baz that was close :p Good old tiger not as quick as good old baz :D

Nah Pog, this snake didnt get that close, didnt even open its mouth.
Here is some pics of relocated tigers past.;)

Attachments

• untitledwww.JPG
    untitledwww.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 30
  • untitleddd.JPG
    untitleddd.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 38
  • untitledwqa.JPG
    untitledwqa.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 37
  • bn6.JPG
    bn6.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 33
  • bn5.JPG
    bn5.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 28
  • bn2.JPG
    bn2.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 29
  • bn1.JPG
    bn1.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 27
  • ts7.JPG
    ts7.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 35
  • aa.JPG
    aa.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 27
  • ry78.jpg
    ry78.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 48
  • e4y45y.JPG
    e4y45y.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 29
  • r656.JPG
    r656.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 35
  • dtrt6u65.JPG
    dtrt6u65.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 28
  • untitledswws.JPG
    untitledswws.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 27
  • yigt.JPG
    yigt.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 31
  • thtr.JPG
    thtr.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 29
  • kjl.jk;.JPG
    kjl.jk;.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 37
  • fqqw.JPG
    fqqw.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I know, the dreaded birdnetting is evil stuff and $2 shops sell tonnes of it to people who use it in the bay to catch fish and the damage it does when adrift in the ocean is just as tragic as what it does on land.
Anyway
A couple o days ago i was called to rescue a bunch of workmen from a young copperhead..
Some video of the rescue...
Colourful language warning here

[video=youtube;GROo8e-Dshc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GROo8e-Dshc[/video]

Wish I was that lucky Baz, I once had a callout for an EB in a stack of steel, 4 metre Rugby League uprights! I was so knackered by the time I found the snake, I could hardly lift it over the rim of the bag:)!

wow Baz surprised you weren't wearing ppe on union site, great videos none the less always good watch

@ Sacred Duc,
On the phone they said i should wear long pants and boots, i was anyway, lol.

@Nodrog,
Unfortunatly the video was off when I had a very heated discussion with the agister.
The upshot,
she told me she only wanted a snakecatcher to come and kill the snake, she said she will never ring a catcher and she will always kill any snake she sees.
I left the site feeling very angry and just a bit stabby to.
I have made enquiries as to how I can make her pay...legally

You would think a vet would know the difference between a live and dead snake!

Im sure I wasnt getting the whole story and even the vet was playing coy with me.I dont know how they can call themselves a vet if they only treat one species of animal anyway, whats with that?
The more callouts I do, the more of these type of situations come up and i have to be careful to keep my temper.
i did lose it a bit this day..and its not pretty when that happens.

Anyway..

The more callouts I do, the more of these type of situations come up and i have to be careful to keep my temper.

Same here, Baz, there seem to be deterents and fines for these people in legislation, but where are all the prosecutions?

Same here, Baz, there seem to be deterents and fines for these people in legislation, but where are all the prosecutions?

There are none. You can blast them (snakes of various species) out of trees from a boat with a shotgun, have your mug spread all over a local paper doing so, have someone complain in writing about it to various authorities...and then be told they were given a slap on the wrist and not to worry about it. I give up.

There are none. You can blast them (snakes of various species) out of trees from a boat with a shotgun, have your mug spread all over a local paper doing so, have someone complain in writing about it to various authorities...and then be told they were given a slap on the wrist and not to worry about it. I give up.

And yet, if it was a cute little furry domestic/feral with a button nose and big round eyes everyone would be up in arms! Go figure.

I love seeing (well, I didn't really :lol:) but this woman the other night on the news was CUT TO RIBBONS by a large kangaroo in her backyard. It had almost ripped the calf from her leg and had severely lacerated everywhere else. Yet...these are soft cuddly animals would have been something she would have preferred in the backyard to a snake (all speculation mind you).

I bet she eyes the kangaroo fillets off at her local Coles with an ounce of revenge now :lol: :lol:

Is she single, Moose?!

If so, maybe I could set her up with a fella I met the other day who chases and tails EB's in his stubbies and dosen't see the danger.

Perhaps not....just think of the off spring (and you thought Homer Simpson was thick)!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back