Bredli Breeders - Opinion Please!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpentess

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick opinion wanted. I have a Bredli female that just turned 3 yrs old, she's coming up to the 2kg mark. Not sure if I should try to breed her this year, I was originally planning to try her next year but I am pretty confident that she has the condition to go this year. I'm sure there's been more than a few members out there that have bred at this weight so how'd it turn out?

Attached pics of her for any interested. :)

Attachments

• P3090026.jpg
    P3090026.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 142
  • P3090025.jpg
    P3090025.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 119
Easy mature enough, size is good for pre hibernation too.

Good to go

Good to go
Thanks Cools, just what I was thinking but wanted a another opinion or two to assure my decision.

No intelligent opinion to offer(havent a Bredli nor have I bred) but she is absolutely gorgeous :)
Haha, thanks Crystal. :) It's a shame she wants to eat people. Haha. Loves her food this girl.

Good to go

Hibernation ??? I think you mean brumation...... massive difference.

Keep feeding her as much as you can get into her..... an adult rat every 5 days until mid-may..... she should be 3kg by then with some luck. Bredli's lay the biggest egg mass of any of the carpets & need to be at a good size.

If you can get your female Bredli on to some good rabbits for next few months she should be good. My female Bredli laid 26 eggs this past season. The laid clutch weighing a total of 2.7 kg. So as you can see, they need the conditioning.

Nice Bredli by the way ;)

Hibernation ??? I think you mean brumation...... massive difference.

Keep feeding her as much as you can get into her..... an adult rat every 5 days until mid-may..... she should be 3kg by then with some luck. Bredli's lay the biggest egg mass of any of the carpets & need to be at a good size.
Hey Jinajoe, thanks for the reply. :) Haha, yeah, Bredli can produce some insane amounts of eggs, that's for sure. Sounds like it would be very possible to have her at a nice breeding size this year. She's currently on a 10-14 day feed regime, might bump that to 7-10 day regime and see how she goes. If she's not weighing around the 2.8kg-3kg+ mark I just won't put my male in with her. I'm sure he can wait another year before he gets lucky if that's the case, lol. :p

If you can get your female Bredli on to some good rabbits for next few months she should be good. My female Bredli laid 26 eggs this past season. The laid clutch weighing a total of 2.7 kg. So as you can see, they need the conditioning.
Nice Bredli by the way ;)
Thanks for the reply Glimmerman. I wish I could easily get a hold of rabbits but being in qld where they're not legal to own it's a bit harder. I've got a mighty good supply of rats though, lol. Far out, that is one heavy clutch. Big healthy eggs I'm guessing. Have the eggs hatched out yet? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back