Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always use to catch Lizards in the yard, guppies where ever I could find them had fish tanks everywhere. Like animals in general mainly the scaily kind dogs are cool to.

Growing up with baby blue tongues in the backyard and having a good mate with a famous snake handler grandfather got me started with the whole reptile thing. Couldnt regret it though :)

Always had a interest in reptiles,got a coastal to get the mrs over her fear of them,after a 5ft brown decided to climb up the lounge and over her shoulder,then down her leg.she did well,didn't move and now they don't faze her at all ;)

Some great story's of how people got in to reptiles :)

I would have killed a snake if it came near me 6 months ago, then i met my sisters Stimson Mikey, ever since then, i have had a passion for reptiles :)

I had an interest in wildlife my whole life, but not really for reptiles until I started a Trainee ship in Conservation and Land Management, seeing wildlife on the job on a daily basis, really got me interested in snakes and spiders etc. One of my fellow trainees had snakes as pets and he peaked my interest into getting one as a pet, then having a snake presentation at work, with a water python, taipan, eastern brown, and a beautiful 22 year old carpet python, pretty much confirmed that I wanted to get one as a pet.

So after a bit of research and a lot of waiting I finally got my JCP hatchy :)

Last September we drove past a reptile shop and jokingly I said lets get a turtle. 5 days later we got a turtle and a stimy on the same day and that started it all. We now have 11 reptiles and wanting more :)

The amazement of myself being able to handle and touch a live animal without breaking out in a rash, puffy eyes.. runny nose.
I have hayfever and my snakes give me the joy of finally being able to have a pet without getting itchy.
Ive had horses and i have a dog and cat but i love being able to let me snakes crawl all over me with no side effects :)
and they are a good conversation starter haha

The amazement of myself being able to handle and touch a live animal without breaking out in a rash, puffy eyes.. runny nose.
I have hayfever and my snakes give me the joy of finally being able to have a pet without getting itchy.
Ive had horses and i have a dog and cat but i love being able to let me snakes crawl all over me with no side effects :)
and they are a good conversation starter haha

Hahaha yer counting down the days till food time mine usually tells me how many days left ahahhaha love it :)

ever since i was about 5 i was in love with animals my favorite animal was a gecko till about i was ten i always loved geckos because they had such cute eyes

Ive always been around animals from a really young age, the day i was born my parents brought a kitten for me and then after that my Grandad the greatest man who ever lived took me out every weekend to pet stores and bird breeders with him. That carried onto my days with school mates sitting at the creeks around the suburbs catching tadpoles, yabbies and frogs and bringing them home for dear mummy to populate the enormous pond outback. Now I'm out of home and still in love with animals so i thort how awsome would having a snake be now a year on and I have 2.

Sorry for the essay :p

ive always loved reptile for as long as i can remember but my mum would never let me get one until i moved out so when i was 19 i moved out with my girlfriend got a carpet python had him for a year now and i absolutely adore him even if he is abit of a grumpy boy lol. i broke up with my girlfriend and now live with my mum with my snake haha so she has to deal with it now lol.. plus ive had such an addiction to snakes i got my favorite snake tattooed on my throat ( king cobra ) :)

One day we had a picnic in the Blue Mountains and saw a red belly black go from a vacant block, cross a road and go under a vacant house right where we were having our picnic. I didn't know what sort of snake it was, but it was MAGNIFICENT./QUOTE]

hmm from that description sounds like it was a red belly black !

Always loved all types of animal especially reptiles but never bothered with my license as I thought it was like impossible and expensive to get, but it wasn't until I got my apprenticeship that I learnt the two trades I work with have pythons an licenses where easy as to get, with in a month I was poor ;)

One day we had a picnic in the Blue Mountains and saw a red belly black go from a vacant block, cross a road and go under a vacant house right where we were having our picnic. I didn't know what sort of snake it was, but it was MAGNIFICENT./QUOTE]

hmm from that description sounds like it was a red belly black !

Oh yes, it definately was a red belly black snake, but I didn't know that at the time. I knew nothing at all about snakes way back then. It was just magnificent, a shiny black upper and crimson belly and at least 2 metres long....I'd never seen a wild snake before and never really taken any interest in snakes at all, probably just thought they were very scary things.....but that was sooooo beautiful, I never forgot it. It was many years later that I learned what type it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back