Giving pit bull owners a bad name

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by your logic we shouldn't be allowed to own anything even capable of causing someone harm, yes, this includes your beloved inland tai, because by your own words we can't count on all owners to be responsible.. hell, we may as well just go out and kill of anything that can do any sort of damage to us, just in case..

i never said you cant own it i said it should be muzzled (so that when you are careless enough to let it escape and lets face it it happens a lot) then it has no chance of harming a young innocent bystander. i cant see its that much of an issue, greyhounds get muzzled why cant a ridgeback cross dane pigdog be muzzled or are the authorities saying greyhounds are the most dangerous dog.

my Pug can't jump a 6ft fence...... but if she did escape she'd definetely drop a mine at your place........

And shed get bit by a piece of lead before the turtles head was poking out

Last edited:
Mate no offense, I can understand your anger, but how is your kid meant to get past it all and be comfortable around a dog ever again with your attitude?
I mean it really peaves me off when people say "snakes kill people, the only good snake is a dead snake." if you can't get past the fact that every animal has a defense mechanism (not that the dog attack was defense) and most animals will at some point use that for whatever reason, how will she learn that not all dogs are bad? And that it is generally the owners fault? You're saying, "dogs should either be muzzled or shot," then maybe I'm wrong an people are ok to say "the only good snake is a dead snake."

I understand you have a grudge against dogs mate, but seriously, maybe you should place some blame on the owner and tell your kid that dogs can be good. I'm not trying to annoy you, I just don't understand your reasoning.

I'm a big believer in ban the dog not the breed.. The dangerous dog laws are a joke there's plenty of mutts out there that would be just as dangerous as any other breed without the correct discipline,training.. This is my red nose pittbull Tyson and my gf's familys staffy Bella.. I do muzzle him whenever I go out for run's with him just to be safe and mainly so he doesn't lick anyone to death, muzzling any dog while in public I personally have no problem with but muzzling 24/7 is not an answer it's a joke...

Tyson and Bella.jpgTyson 7months 2.jpgTyson 7months.jpg

I dont have a grudge against dogs my mum has great danes i use to breed whippets. I have a grudge against all the nincompoop owners who dont show any responsibilities towards there dogs or there neighbours, i live on rural land, i am surrounded by rural properties most of which have dogs, on any given day or night i have countless dogs wondering across my property. I have horse fencing due to the fact i breed polo ponies i do not use mesh fence due to the horse may get foot caught tear ligaments etc. i can not stop someone elses animal coming onto my property and attacking my foals (somehow dogs find chasing animals and kids fun). Every single dog that i have shot whilst attacking my animals when given back to owner. owners first words are "he/she has never chased anything before" i always reply "he/she wont chase anything again"

I'm a big believer in ban the dog not the breed.. The dangerous dog laws are a joke there's plenty of mutts out there that would be just as dangerous as any other breed without the correct discipline,training.. This is my red nose pittbull Tyson and my gf's familys staffy Bella.. I do muzzle him whenever I go out for run's with him just to be safe and mainly so he doesn't lick anyone to death, muzzling any dog while in public I personally have no problem with but muzzling 24/7 is not an answer it's a joke...

View attachment 242407View attachment 242408View attachment 242409

And that's responsible dog ownership ^
I can't see the pictures :( what are the laws with pitbulls ie are they just restricted in most states? Does that mean higher rego fees, particular fencing etc?

Oh now I can see them :)

Cute puppy too!

Last edited:
The problem is that pit bulls are the favourite dog for guys with little willys. You know the ones..they spend a long time in the gym getting big muscles, but they always pee in the stalls. They own V8's, but never drive anywhere ebcause they cant afford fuel. They have Awesome tattoos, often with japanese characters they can't read. They buy beer at the pub, but would rather be drinking a west coast. If it wasn't pit bulls, it'd be rottweilers, or..something else that looks manly, so nobody sees the effeminate boy child weeping quietly in their souls. Ban the tryhard bogan poser, not his dog.

I have a tibetan spaniel and drive a toyota. Yes, this makes me manly as all get-out.

I dont have a grudge against dogs my mum has great danes i use to breed whippets. I have a grudge against all the nincompoop owners who dont show any responsibilities towards there dogs or there neighbours, i live on rural land, i am surrounded by rural properties most of which have dogs, on any given day or night i have countless dogs wondering across my property. I have horse fencing due to the fact i breed polo ponies i do not use mesh fence due to the horse may get foot caught tear ligaments etc. i can not stop someone elses animal coming onto my property and attacking my foals (somehow dogs find chasing animals and kids fun). Every single dog that i have shot whilst attacking my animals when given back to owner. owners first words are "he/she has never chased anything before" i always reply "he/she wont chase anything again"

Responsible dog ownership = /= 24/7 muzzling of the animal

Any one who says they dont leave there dogs for long periods obviously dont work because if you work then there is a big chance for 8 hrs a day your dog is free to roam the streets and when your asleep and the mine layers escape your yard again and drop mines on someone elses lawn and urinates on his trees. Two major blights on Australia damn canines and felines. Shoot the lot let jesus sort them out apparently he lives in Campbelltown whod have guessed

A mate got hit by one of my hatchie inland tai and hes alright no envenomation however a young girl gets hit by little red cattle dog and spends 7 weeks in hospital your right they are different the dog bite will leave big more horrific scars thanks for clearing that upchamp. And isnt calling someone an absolute idiot breaking the rules come on mods jump on him like you jump on me everytime i fart

You didn't say leave there dogs for long periods, you said leave their dogs for long periods to do what they please, big difference.

Gee, your such a big man. Were your mums great danes muzzled 24/7, and were your whippets, or are you just way too responsible for that.

i cant see its that much of an issue, greyhounds get muzzled why cant a ridgeback cross dane pigdog be muzzled or are the authorities saying greyhounds are the most dangerous dog.

Greyhounds get muzzled because of archaic laws that are yet to be rewritten. Plenty of organisations are working to get this changed, hence, why, in some states, the dogs can be assessed and get a green collar and not be muzzled in public.

While I can understand your bias, your argument still makes no sense. Especially from someone who has both small children and venomous snakes in the same house. You're worried about my mastiff X getting his fat, arthritic bum over my fence, then yours, and licking your kids to death? As opposed to the sneaky, slithery pet that you keep, which just happens to have the ability and constant desire to escape the confines of its enclosure, as well as the weaponry to defend itself if your child uncovers its hidey spot once it's scared and in the open? Seriously. If we should muzzle all dogs because we are ALL irresponsible dog owners, then we should definitely ban anyone owning venomous snakes, considering the potential danger they could be. Not to mention the stories around the traps about irresponsible ven owners.

Painting everyone with the same big fat brush is going to get you no where, any more than it would a non-herp person to say the only good snake is a dead one. And, agreed with miss_mosher - how on earth is your little girl going to get over the terror of her attack if you're spouting these kinds of idiotic ideas around her? Especially when nothing is going to come of them except your affecting her more than anyone else. You're insults aren't going to affect me as a dog owner: think I should muzzle my dogs 24/7? Good for you. Your daughter grows up thinking all dogs are evil, dangerous, and should be feared, and anyone who owns them is an irresponsible monster? Well... Good luck with that.

try wearing a muzzle yourself other than at feeding times & then post your absolute mindless rubbish

Nah, wouldn't work, muzzles don't quite stop the flow of BS...

Seriously, Wrightpython, if I had such blatantly bigoted views as you do, I'd sure as hell keep them to myself. I bet you believe everything you see on the news too.

I was actually going to continue trying to get through to this guy but all our words are falling on deaf ears. Sad really. Oh well.

After reading the rest of your drivel, I feel heartily sorry for any dog that was ever under your care.

Mate, he said 'used to breed'. Now he has kids, and without that whippet breeding experience he'd have never been able to train them to hunt kritters for his vittles.

Any one who says they dont leave there dogs for long periods obviously dont work because if you work then there is a big chance for 8 hrs a day your dog is free to roam the streets and when your asleep and the mine layers escape your yard again and drop mines on someone elses lawn and urinates on his trees.

Sounding a bit...paranoid and jaded.

Perhaps you could logically suggest dogs are more regulated in terms of ownership like venomous snakes. But what you've suggested, is just illogical.

I mean, everyone could be nasty and say...well why don't you watch your child 24/7? But that'd be illogical, just like most of your suggestions...
Maybe a native animal, such as a venemous snake, or a monitor, crawled into that yard...you know...Peeing and what not (...not being exclusive to dogs to relief themselves and all) and bit your daughter. Would you then feel justified going on a snake hating rampage?

Silly.

And if a dog leaving a parcel in your front yard is the worst thing that happens in your day, it's fair to say it was an alright day.

Why stop at dogs wrightpython? The human species kills more people then any dog, snake , crocodile , lion , hippo ect. So I would like to make an equally stupid and uneducated suggestion that we kill all humans and let god sort us out :) further more there are more children in hospital due to car accidents then dog attacks, so we should ban all cars?, again why stop there , there are more children that are physically and mentally scared due to abusive parents or guardians then dog attacks, let's ban parents? Or better yet maybe a license to have kids:) also there are more dogs, cats, birds ect. tortured and killed by children then animal attacks on people, so in my opinion we should confine and bound all children as I am sick of kids running in the streets at all hours of the night vandalizing and destroying my property or torturing and tormenting innocent animals, please think about what you are saying.

The human species kills more people then any dog, snake , crocodile , lion , hippo ect. So I would like to make an equally stupid and uneducated suggestion that we kill all humans and let god sort us out :)...
...Or better yet maybe a license to have kids:) also there are more dogs, cats, birds ect. tortured and killed by children then animal attacks on people, so in my opinion we should confine and bound all children as I am sick of kids running in the streets at all hours of the night vandalizing and destroying my property or torturing and tormenting innocent animals, please think about what you are saying.

I will preface this by saying I'm an awful person, and I'm okay with it.
I completely agree with all of these. Especially the parts about killing everyone, licensing people to breed and confining and restraining all children.

View attachment 242394

When a facepalm just doesn't cover it.

LOL!

All dogs whether tiny chihauhua or big irish wolf hounds should be made to wear a muzzle 24 hrs a day. The only time they should be allowed to be removed is when they are feeding at all other times a muzzle should be in place. Anyone who disagrees with this has never had there childs face ripped off by a neighbourhood dog that broke out of its yard and jumped into our neighbours where the kids were playing. Seven weeks in hospital and several major operations and pain and swelling for months after. The little girl is fine now however she is scared stiff of any dog and finds it hard to walk down street out of fear. On a side note the dog a red cattle cross staffy was put to sleep by the nice Mr Policemans vet

Possibly one of the dumbest things I've seen written on this forum. Well done.

Any one who says they dont leave there dogs for long periods obviously dont work because if you work then there is a big chance for 8 hrs a day your dog is free to roam the streets and when your asleep and the mine layers escape your yard again and drop mines on someone elses lawn and urinates on his trees. Two major blights on Australia damn canines and felines. Shoot the lot let jesus sort them out apparently he lives in Campbelltown whod have guessed

A mate got hit by one of my hatchie inland tai and hes alright no envenomation however a young girl gets hit by little red cattle dog and spends 7 weeks in hospital your right they are different the dog bite will leave big more horrific scars thanks for clearing that upchamp. And isnt calling someone an absolute idiot breaking the rules come on mods jump on him like you jump on me everytime i fart

This verifies my original assertion. How the hell did you allow a "mate" to get bitten by one of your captive elapids?!?! Seriously, you have as much business keeping elapids as you do interacting with either dogs or the APS forum community. I mean *beep* me!! :facepalm:

bahah funny arnt ya campbelltown jokes havent herd them b for ayy just throwin it out there dogs do more good then people like you that lable things and try to put stupid laws on things that are fine the way they are people like you are the type that hate snakes and say **** like the only good snakes a dead snake. my bully is the gratest thing that ever happend to me he comes just about every where with me hes the most gentalest thing iv ever seen and he was fogged by the owner b 4 me he never went nere blokes coz of it now hes changed hes got trust in people again if a dog can forgive so should u harden up itwas owner not the dogs falt

i will agree there are alot of dogs out n about thats why id like 2 to **** of this pit bull law and make it you need a licence in place 2 keep any type of k9 so people like you can shut up and get on with ya lyf and just live and let live

but cats on the other hand

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back