1 yr old stimmy not eating, still active though?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan92

Reaction score
Hey guys, my 1 year old stimsons python isn't eating? It's been about 4 weeks since he last ate, but he's still pretty active when I take him out of his enclosure, temps are 32 hot end, 24 cool end, spendS most of his time in the middle of the enclosure basically. Just wondering why he wouldn't be eating? Thanks

Its not uncommon for a snake to eat for 6-9 months at a time. Dont worry 4 weeks with no food wont even impact it

Nah hacties can last 3-4 months with out eating

Hi
my stimson is doing the same thing it will be for weeks
tonight if she won't feed and she is 1 year too
she is also still active and spending all her time in the
cool end (warm end 32. Cool end 26-28.)

Just wondering how long is he and what size
food is he on
mine was on 1 wealing a week ( when she then stoped eating)but have got some
fuzzys too see if she will take them

Sorry about the spelling on my sons ipod

Last edited:
i got same problem at the mo...my 2 yr old wheetbelt didnt eat for 10 months last year ( house move and winter) but took ages to settle into new viv...then he came good eating 2 weeners a week ...now he has recently shed and is paying no interest in food...im not worried tho as im sure he will come good when he is ready...ps...similar temps etc...the last time he did this i dropped the size of mouse and it kicked him into gear but this time he not having a bar of it

Our Darwin hatchie didnt eat for 4 months!

Look at her now!

DSC_0052.jpg

Dont worry. They eat when they want to.

There are a couple of things that will be causing them to stop feeding.
One is the change in the season (night drops, short daylight hours etc) and the
other will be your heating is not keeping up a constant range overnight with the drops in
night temps we are seeing.

Hi
my stimson is doing the same thing it will be for weeks
tonight if she won't feed and she is 1 year too
she is also still active and spending all her time in the
cool end (warm end 32. Cool end 26-28.)

Just wondering how long is he and what size
food is he on
mine was on 1 wealing a week ( when she then stoped eating)but have got some
fuzzys too see if she will take them

Sorry about the spelling on my sons ipod

He is 1 and feeding on wealing mice ? Isnt that to small for a 1 year old ?? Or am I thinking the wrong thing I no my 9 month is on fuzz rats

My Stimson has gone of his food plenty of times, but as an adult.. So I can't speak for hatchies (although looking at replies above, other people can.. so there you go).

hey guys, hes about 75 cms (as far as i can measure) quite difficult to measure a snake haha. but he was eating fuzzy rats. doing well on them until about a month ago, just not interested in his food :S

My girl is about 60-65 cm and was only on 1 fuzzy when we got her at xmas
so went to two fuzzys then 1wearling and had two Feeds of the wearling then stopped how big is a fuzzy rat compared to wearling mice

same thing happened to my stimson recently i got him to eat again by offering smaller mice. He ate 3 hoppers in a row yesterday! lol before he was on extra large adult mice but his poor little pin head musta really struggled lol. He is 2, heres a pic of him scoffing a hopper mouse yesterday. I would go get some alot smaller than what you have been offering :)
View attachment 243484View attachment 243485

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back