Japanese imports *cars*

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep it to the tracks. I know I sound old but it is good advice. Do a driving course if you want to know how a car reacts and if your going to give your car a squirt on the road don't be stupid and do it in a dangerous place where you can hurt yourself or others more importantly.

Keep it to the tracks. I know I sound old but it is good advice. Do a driving course if you want to know how a car reacts and if your going to give your car a squirt on the road don't be stupid and do it in a dangerous place where you can hurt yourself or others more importantly.

Well said!

Well This is my baby, and she's pretty stock on the outside but different story under the hood ;)

Attachments

• DSC_0829.jpg
    DSC_0829.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 137
  • DSC_0938.JPG
    DSC_0938.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hmmm what's rolling under the hood.

Cheers Brenton

Hmmm what's rolling under the hood.

Cheers Brenton

A boxer engine I'd imagine :p

Is anyone else excited about the new toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ? They llook horrible stock, but someone has done a really great chop of one with a decent kit and some nice rims, they looks awesome. It's nice that Subaru and Toyota are actually coming out with a manual RWD car, it's the closest thing to a fun sports car since the S15 I reckon (bar the 350 and 370z).

Under the hood is enough to chew most 500-550 hp V8 muscle dudes. And when I get another spare 5g a little bit more planned ;) for better response and earlier boost :)

Soooo........? You still never answered. Just be brief I don't want to know the internal dimensions of your bores or anything just curios

Cheers Brenton

Aftermarket breakdown without brands or size-

Injectors
Turbo
Custom TMIC
Oil Catch Can
Filters (Air, Oil)
In tank Fuel pump
High flow Perrin Piping
3inch Straight through exhaust/Cat/Extractors/3inch dump pipe
Radiator
Spark Plugs and Leads
Custom Clutch

Sway bars
h brace
Anti lift kit
Short Shifter
STI springs

Interior Nothing much
Just after market speakers running off an amp under the seats-Am getting a set of 6x9's (custom installed) and another amp for a little more volume
7inch touch DVD screen
Stock full Leather interior
Stock Sunroof
Carbon Fibre Gauge inlay (3 centre) 1 down downside
Rev Gauge

I don't think I have forgotten anything but meh you never know lol theres a bit to remember :)

Whatcha think Brenton?

Attachments

• DSC_0639.JPG
    DSC_0639.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Just wondering if theres any Japanese import/drift enthusiasts on here.

I just recently got off my Green P's onto my full licence allowing me to finally own a turbo, ive always been into them and enjoy going up eastern creek skid pan and having a drift in my mates cars.

After searching far and wide Ive bought a stock as a rock 95 nissan skyline r33 gtst with 66'000k's on the clock and plan to start modding it over the next few years as a bit of a hobby, so yeah if anyone has any cars or anything theyd like to share or whatever thatd be cool.

Cheers, Josh

A 20yo p plater in a turbo'd car and he's talking bout 'drifting'..........hmmmmmmmm. It kinda reminds me of a news story I read once.

I can't remember how it ended but I'm thinking not too well!

He just got off his P's Beard :) And his asking if there are any enthusiasts on here. If his drifting on a track its a great place to do it :) Not so much on the road....
Plus if his getting a stock 95 R33 they are slow as **** (no offence Bracey91), a brand new SV6 will put them to work! Unless he does the basics mods like turbo, intercooler, injectors, piping and fuel pump then his all good haha

Injectors
Turbo
Custom TMIC
Oil Catch Can
Filters (Air, Oil)
In tank Fuel pump
High flow Perrin Piping
Radiator
Spark Plugs and Leads
Custom Clutch

Sway bars
h brace
Anti lift kit
Short Shifter
STI springs

Interior Nothing much
Just after market speakers running off an amp under the seats-Am getting a set of 6x9's (custom installed) and another amp for a little more volume
7inch touch DVD screen
Stock Sunroof
Rev Gauge

I don't think I have forgotten anything but meh you never know lol theres a bit to remember :)

Whatcha think Brenton?
cool what size turb is it and what boost are u running ?

Here is my drift machine. Drift ? you may ask. Yup. You shoulda seen me in the bottom of a greasy, muddy paddock the other night going to get the fox I just shot!!!

btw heres my old jap car the old madza

Attachments

• 25680.jpg
    25680.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 25681.jpg
    25681.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 126

Injectors
Turbo
Custom TMIC
Oil Catch Can
Filters (Air, Oil)
In tank Fuel pump
High flow Perrin Piping
Radiator
Spark Plugs and Leads
Custom Clutch

Sway bars
h brace
Anti lift kit
Short Shifter
STI springs

Interior Nothing much
7inch touch DVD screen
Stock Sunroof
Rev Gauge

Whatcha think Brenton?

Nice man personally I'm a v8 man but can appreciate others so you still haven't done any major work to the motor, heads, gearbox or diff see when building up a car I do everything before I go for power like brakes suspension and a must a gearbox

Cheers Brenton

Here is my drift machine. Drift ? you may ask. Yup. You shoulda seen me in the bottom of a greasy, muddy paddock the other night going to get the fox I just shot!!!

I'm envious, that's where I'd like to be ;)

As for cars, I was doing an RB30 and RB25DET conversion a couple of years ago in my old R31 series 3 silhoutte

Part way through the process it got stolen, and sold to a wrecker and bits went missing and I got it back, and it was wrecked (had another car dropped on top of it) then when I was away for work a 'mate' (now ex mate) let it get impounded by council, then more bits went missing (we'll just say 'removed' by a certain council member)

and that's when I just said F*$@ it, too much hassle, and that was the end of me spending money on cars, didn't work the first time so not going to waste money again :lol:

Last edited:

Yeah I can't get offroad on mine HAHAHA
I do like to go offroad...am heading out to site in 60 minutes and its been raining yewwwwwwwww!

Turbo is a TD06 18G Running 18pound!

RX-3??? Nice...that would have gone alright..massive looking turbo on it lol!

Nice man personally I'm a v8 man but can appreciate others so you still haven't done any major work to the motor, heads, gearbox or diff see when building up a car I do everything before I go for power like brakes suspension and a must a gearbox

Cheers Brenton

The standard Brakes on the Rexies are good to around 420hp so thats not required. Gearboxes hold out till a comfortable 360hp and drive train is around that 400HP. Its not an STI. If it were I would get 600HP out of those three before works would be required. I will eventually be getting a full gearbox, brakes and chasis upgrade if I chase more power. I can get all that imported from Japan for 7G...The geabox ALONE in Australia costs 7-9g second hand and thats without anything else. But at the moment I am happy with my Low 300 ponies and its been going strong...mind you I'm not a F wit and thrash it every day. its a daily driver!

Last edited:
A 20yo p plater in a turbo'd car and he's talking bout 'drifting'..........hmmmmmmmm. It kinda reminds me of a news story I read once.

I can't remember how it ended but I'm thinking not too well!

Ive been around turbos and V8's my whole life, they are nothing new to me, I can just now own and drive on myself, this doesnt make me a hoon at all.. your just stereotyping which is fine.. but if you knew me you would think different.

He just got off his P's Beard :) And his asking if there are any enthusiasts on here. If his drifting on a track its a great place to do it :) Not so much on the road....
Plus if his getting a stock 95 R33 they are slow as **** (no offence Bracey91), a brand new SV6 will put them to work! Unless he does the basics mods like turbo, intercooler, injectors, piping and fuel pump then his all good haha

No offence taken, my previous car actually was an sv6 VE commodore and after driving that for almost 3 years and now being in a r33 turbo for the last few weeks I think it leaves it for dust.. no comparrison IMO... and I do plan to mod the engine for some more power, but nothing ridiculous!

More turbo than engine there JAS ;)
yeah it was a big turbo - after i took the car apart and sold everything i gave the turbo to my brother . its now in his s6 rx7 .
inow have a ford fg xr6 turbo with the usual mods - cooler - cooler piping - injectors - high flow cat - air intake- and a tune . running 14 psi ,dynoed @ 305rwkw [ 410 rwhp] its quick enough for me , i can go on long trips with it - without costing a mint in fuel. and its not cop bait in looks or sound .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back