Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Garth was friends with the late Louie Robichaux....he caught the biggest scrubbie ever....Eric Worrel discusses it in his book but says it was 28 foot. Louie always made a point in telling Garth that is was 25' 10".

I am yet to see photographic proof, as i said reply with photos or remain silent lol

Looks closer to 4.1 meters to me still no proof and a few meters short of the 7 meter magic scruby , i love these big snake threads i started one back in 2009 that went for 30 odd pages of hear say with no proof of anything over 4.5 meters (diamond coastal intergrade)

well mate get off your high horse and go and see the snake for yourself, it's on public display at CWS.

what are you basing your 4.1m opinion on? the fact that it 'looks' closer to 4.1?

simple fact was the snake was measured by the accepted procedure of running a string line down the animals spine from tail tip to nose. Your simple visual observation has nil credit, end of story

I am yet to see photographic proof, as i said reply with photos or remain silent lol

At the end of the day how does a photo count as proof? Unless the snake is dead and has been stretched out with a tape measure next to it you will not get an accurate length from a photograph.

Wowsers Fay, a telegraph pole is 28 ft that is one massive animal

Big Scrub.jpg
270374_2266647825959_1241437610_32789311_1980327_n[1].jpg
snakemain[1].jpg

A few pictures off the net..

At the end of the day how does a photo count as proof? Unless the snake is dead and has been stretched out with a tape measure next to it you will not get an accurate length from a photograph.

Dead snakes can stretch, so even that may not be accurate.

Last edited:
It's a shame really, even if it's big enough, snakes don't eat piles of ****, so Chris Brown will still be here tomorrow.

I have a photo of a large python in a house at Redland bay. (an uneducated guess tells me its a Bredli) Im not really sure how big it acctually is as i wasn't there. View attachment 242239

Crap! that was just chillen in your house :O would have been cool to see, his a fat boy!

Sick will watch it tonight...If I can find the antenna haha, we have the laptop constantly plugged into the TV with unlimited fast broadband, havn't watched TV in 6 months :O

7m my ar#@ we had the biggest scrubbie in captivitie,yes there are monsters out there but we are talking in captivitie we showed him at the 2008 reptile show 17.5ft 36kg see if you can remember his name

Last edited:
Yeah this was in the papers last year. Some boating shed in North Qld. They'd found several skins and many male pythons but knew there had to be a female as they were breeding. Then Dr Chris Brown went up there to get it out!

7m my ar#@ we had the biggest scrubbie in captivitie,yes there are monsters out there but we are talking in captivitie we showed him at the 2008 reptile show 17.5ft 36kg see if you can remember his name

That would be Lurch. He is a very big boy.

Can you provide any more information regarding this 'Lurch' Peter?

Can you provide any more information regarding this 'Lurch' Peter?

I dont know if he is the biggest but he is big. Needless to say my 4 metre girl was dwarfed by him when I sent her up to mate with him. The owner doesn't do internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back