Hi Everyone!!! Me Newbee..Need Help..Please..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goth-Girl

Reaction score
Hi,
So happy to find like minded people. OK here I go..
I am just waiting for my licence to arrive in the mail, so while waiting I am in the prosess of making two enclosures. First one was made originally for chicks(baby chickens), I have pulled it apart and re-built it to suite..But am now unshore as to what kind of lighting I need to fit in it, and need to get it finished asap as I am in the prosses of getting my first snake from Reptile Territory in NT . I am in QLD so have to freight him in. He is a Beautiful 16 month old Costal Carpet Python..I just fell in love with him as son as I saw his pic and want only the best I can offer him..This will be my first snake so am somewhat nerves as want to do everything write by him..They say he hasn't been handled much and bites if you scare him..Recon I would too if I was scared..lol..Also I have painted the enclosure and now am worrying if that is OK ..Please help if anyone can..
..Much apriciation Cloe..

Cloe,

Pics of enclosure would help. The lighting is more for heat, (though some will say pythons apreciate a bit of UVB).

You need two things, a thermostat to control the temp, and protection to stop the snake from burning itself on the bulb.

Hi and welcome, there are alot of good threads you will be able to search on site for to help with your enclosure if you cant post the pics for others to help, good luck with him :)

Hi Tinky,
Thanks for your help.Tried to post pics of enclosures for you but experiencing difficulties.. AnywayView attachment 242666 now the pick has just poped up so there it is. Had small bird wire on it. Have removed it and replacing it with perspex with holes in the top half of it for ventilation. Still have to put a lid on it which will be half ply and half perspex. It is an outside enclosure but will be under cover for protection of storms and such. Am also building an inside enclosure with the dimentions of 750mm long x 900 wide x 800 high . Painting the inside is ok yes.. Thanks for help Cloe..

Here is the indoor one.View attachment 242682

View attachment 242683

The can is there for a visual aid ..lol..

Last edited:
G'day cloepyhton,don't know what your trying to post pics on(iPad-puter ect) but i found tapatalk app helpful if it helps

The pic links didn't work. Go into he 'Advanced' post option and use the paperclip which manages attachments and try again. Apart from that welcome aboard and take a look through the builds in the DIY section you will get some great ideas. Painting the inside of your enclosure is fine.

I click them and get...
[h=2]Message[/h] Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

When you use the method I mentioned you then click the option at the bottom right that says 'place in line'.

I've always had that message. An attachment has never worked for me on the site so far. Maybe it's something my end /shrug.

When they are placed 'In Line' a small version of the image appears in the post and you can click on them and enlarge them.

Hey chloe python yes good to find like minded people that share a common passion anyway ligting/heating enclosers kusy use heat matts saves time and money.Coastal pythons are bueatiful a 16 month pythons bite wont hurt much with constant handling will calm down when you do get him

Hi pythrulz,
Costals are definately Beautiful..Thanks for telling me it wont hurt much if he bites me cos I am a bit nervous about that part..lol..Plan to handle him everyday as long as he don't mind..Paid my deposit on him yesterday and will get him in 2 weeks..He is being shipped fron Northern Territory..Soooo exited He is my first snake ever and can't wait. Frantically trying to finish his enclosure..

Hi cloe and welcome to aps :)

Not being rude or bagging your building skills but I would recommend buying your first enclosure that has the light fittings and everything installed for you, it will save you alot of frustration and give you more time to feel comfortable and enjoy your new pet instead of worrying about him getting Burt or escaping or inhaling paint fumes etc etc... Then for his next enclosure (cause he will grow very fast and very big) you will have the right idea on how to build them and the do's and donts. Not trying to be rude or anything just wanting to make it easy and less stressful for yourself.
All the best :) Jamie

Dunno if I'd agree totally Jamie, an enclosure is basically just a fancy box and with minimal handiperson skills it's pretty easy. I knocked up a 4"x3"x2" enclosure with sliding doors in under a day complete with wiring. (I did the electrical wiring for the heaters myself so i don't know how legal it is). The lighting is done with 12v LEDs. I must admit I had it built 3 weeks prior to needing it so there were no fumes.

The comercially built enclosures are fairly cheap if you look around (especially ebay) so depends on your reasons for building an enclosure yourself. It's nearly as cheap to buy one of the shelf (especially if you don't have the tools)

I still get the satisfaction of looking at the enclosure I built and being able to say "I did that".

Hi Jamie,
You are not being rude darl just trying to be helpful as I am finding everyone here to be. Bless you all..As far as the enclosure is going, well its just about finished..Will be all ready for when my baby boy gets here..Will post pics when I work out how to do it so they actually work..Cloe..:)..

to post a photo in here go to the second row fourth from the right, you will see what looks like a framed photo and when you place the cursor over it it will say 'insert image' , click on that and your given two options to either load up a photo from your computer or to load up a photo from a hosting site like photobucket

if its just on your computer, click on the browse button, find the photo you want to upload click on it then open, it should show up in the browse space and click on 'upload file/s'

if its from a hosting site like photo bucket, click on 'from URL' then go to your photobucket account, click on the second link under the photo 'direct link' then come back here and paste the link into the space provided then untick 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' and then click ok and it should show up in here

hope your able to understand but if you cant you can send me a PM and ill do a word doc and include screen dumps for you to follow

actually you only need to do the 'quick reply' the button your looking for is the 3rd from the right and follow the same directions as above

Jeannine, I started that way when I first joined and it worked sometimes and not others so I started using the Advanced reply and the paperclip and it has never missed a beat which is why I outlined that option earlier.

2012-03-13 16.27.20.jpg
tryed again hope it work this time. This enclosure is 1750mm long x 900mm wide x 800mm high. Will try to put more recent pics on. As it is now inplace and fully painted with glass and all..Thanks Cloe..

2012-03-13 16.18.55.jpg
here is the outside enclosure I am also making it is 6 foot long X 3 foot 6 inches wide x 3 foot 4 inches high.Not quite finished yet..Cloe..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back