Job searching & resumes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and girls I'm going to be hitting the job searching group in the next few months and just wondering if anyone has any cv/resumes they would like to share with me so I can get some ideas :) I have been in google and had a look at all the generic ones that are out there just keen to see some ones ppls that have actually succeeded in there job hunt. Thx

Cheers Brenton

Hey guys and girls I'm going to be hitting the job searching group in the next few months and just wondering if anyone has any cv/resumes they would like to share with me so I can get some ideas :) I have been in google and had a look at all the generic ones that are out there just keen to see some ones ppls that have actually succeeded in there job hunt. Thx

Cheers Brenton

If you PM your email I can send you one too if you'd like

Just one little pointer, create a new email that sounds more professional then your current on on your resume.
Eg, brenton-'last name inital'@provider.com.
Nothing to big, does help though.

Just one little pointer, create a new email that sounds more professional then your current on on your resume.
Eg, brenton-'last name inital'@provider.com.
Nothing to big, does help though.

We had this drummed into us at uni as well. Prospective bosses don't want to see "[email protected]". We also got told that spelling and format errors are the easiest way to get put straight on the "no" pile. Those two are supposedly usually the first things they will look at to cull a large number.
We were given a fair bit of into because we did a whole subject at uni about getting a professional job so if you haven't already received enough crap I can look for the subject info when I get home. It has a resume template that we had to follow but you can just use it as guidance.

I don't think maccas worry too much about what email address u have... hahhaha

:p

I don't think maccas worry too much about what email address u have... hahhaha

:p

Hahaha funny man you are lol

Thx heaps guy much appreciated when I finish I will send it around if a few ppl don't mind giving me some criticism about it.

Cheers Brenton

If u put a ronald mcdonald picture in the top right hand corner they love that!

I'm looking at staying in my trade I'm a maintenance fitter.

Cheers Brenton

uploadfromtaptalk1331701788142.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey Brenton...

I don't know if this will help, but it's a short and highly informative video on getting a job (2 parts sorry - not sure why).

[video=youtube_share;3HFIgfPL3t8]http://youtu.be/3HFIgfPL3t8[/video]

Part two below....

Part two...

Part two...

[video=youtube_share;A0opfrbCvm8]http://youtu.be/A0opfrbCvm8[/video]

I'm looking at staying in my trade I'm a maintenance fitter.

Cheers Brenton

Heavy industrial? I know a few blokes that does chpp mine relief is your interested out of mackay

Heavy industrial? I know a few blokes that does chpp mine relief is your interested out of mackay

Yeah that's the kind of work I'm looking for. Pm sent thx

Cheers Brenton

What sort of company are you looking at trying for a job. If you are going for anything for a government/council I can pm you one which shows what government departments want. I am a fitter machinist with railcorp, it's redicilous what they want. Part of the resume is just the usual stuff (job history stuff) plus answering questions about experience/explaining everything about how you do stuff.
Let me know.

Cheers Daniel

What sort of company are you looking at trying for a job. If you are going for anything for a government/council I can pm you one which shows what government departments want. I am a fitter machinist with railcorp, it's redicilous what they want. Part of the resume is just the usual stuff (job history stuff) plus answering questions about experience/explaining everything about how you do stuff.
Let me know.

Cheers Daniel

That would be great mate thx I'm looking for work on the gold coast area or mining at the moment I'm already a government employee so I understand there requirements.

Cheers Brenton

I have read many resumes and nothing gets me more disinterested than people who cant spell or structure a sentence properly. I know that may not be the best way to judge people but if you can't be bothered to run a spell check and grammar check on your resume what effort are you going to put into your job......

I hope I haven't made any mistakes in this post! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back