Strange goings on and random wanderings.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beard

Reaction score
After nearly 32 of sleeping most nights, I had last night what I would call my first sleepwalking experience. It was quite odd. I can remember it, some is pretty hazy and some clearly and I was concious enough to know what I was doing but I couldn't really control it. I was a passenger on the ride, so to speak.

I 'woke' needing to use the loo but I got to the ensuite door and just stood there. I was feeling really confused and couldn't figure out how to get the door open. I stumbled down the staircase (a polished timber spiral, coulda ended in tears :) ) and went to the loo downstairs. I then wandered around the house with no real aim, just wandered (I remember bumping into and bouncing off things).

I remember standing at the bottom of the stairs staring at them, not quite too sure what to do next.

The next thing I remember I was opening the front door and out I went. Down more stairs to the front lawn. I just stood there really confused.

I think this is where I 'came to'. Standing there in the middle of my front yard at some time in the middle of the night in my birthday suit.

Who else has/have had strange wanderings :)

Maybe you were possessed :eek:... Does that make you feel a little violated and dirty?

I 'woke' needing to use the loo but I then wandered around the house with no real aim, just wandered (I remember bumping into and bouncing off things).

Okay :) :) Bet it would have been fun cleaning that.

I wonder if sleep walking could be used as a valid defense if caught out in the street naked?

I've had one fairly major experience where I woke up and rushed out of bed convinced there was something outside I had to get. Snapped to when I was about 50m down the street and realised that this was a fairly strange place to be at that time of night. Luckily I had thought to grab a towel on the way out :p

Had plenty of other experiences where I have spoken to people, or sat bolt upright etc... my girlfriend is pretty used to it now

People have used it to beat murder charges before.....

I'll let you know next time I get done for wandering about nude :)

People have used it to beat murder charges before.....

I'll let you know next time I get done for wandering about nude :)

Well, just don't lose any games of pool and be obliged to do the nudie run of shame.

Hahahahaha, I don't need to lose a game of pool to be persuaded to do a nudie run:lol:

When my son (now 39 yrs old) was about 5, he got out of bed, came into the kitchen, opened a cupboard door and peed all over my saucepans. His eyes were wide open, but...as they say....the lights were on, but no one was home !! We had to shake him several times to get him to actually wake up....he didn't have a clue what he was doing...but he was sleepwalking.

I don't know about sleep walking, but I do have sleep conversations, gets me into tonnes of trouble with the girlfriend.

One night we had a fight, I went to sleep.......or perhaps I fell asleep while still arguing not quite sure but I can go to sleep at the drop of a hat, we made up while I was asleep, I apparently promised all sorts of things to her, apparently I was going to cook her dinner, take her out shopping or something, etc etc. wasn't she pissed the next morning when I remembered absoloutely zip :lol:

Another night I fell asleep on the lounge while watching a movie or something at my parents place, next day I heard on the radio that old Kevin Rudd got rolled by that ranga, called up mum to tell her..........turns out it'd been on a news bulletin the night before while I was asleep on the lounge and I'd been talking to both my gf and my mum about it, NO recollection haha

Beard, if that is sleep walking then I usually do it every friday and saturday night.
If the missus has a go at me saying I was totally drunk and could not walk straight in the middle of the night then sleepwalking it is.;) Hell, I must start sleepwalking at about 8 pm:D

Beard I thought that was normal behaviour. It is around here.

I sleepwalked last night too, weird........ Its the first real time since I was 9 that I've done it. The stories from when I was 9 are hilarious.

Last night, I set my alarm on my phone to do a blood sugar test at midnight. Alarm went off, I sat up and turned on the light, then proceeded to wonder where the noise was coming from, then tried finding the switch for it on my lamp. So there I am, investigating my lamp and looking for the noise and how to turn it off, and Hubby wakes up to the alarm noise. I look at him, and in the girliest, panicky whine imaginable, say 'how do i turn it off!' Hahaha

When I was 8 I went to Cottage By The Sea which is where you get sent when your parents need a break from you lol. I remember having what I thought was dream, I got up and walked and of the girl's room, down a flight of stairs, and up another flight of stairs. I was then standing in front of a door and I remember thinking I shouldn't be there.

When I woke up from this "dream" I realised I'd walked into the room where the boys were sleeping and went to sleep in one of the empty beds there. They were pretty surprised when they woke up in the morning, but they didn't seem to care too much :lol:

It could have turned out worse, I could have fallen down the stairs! I have a friend who is being very careful at the moment, she has a slow growing brain tumor and had a bout of not just sleep walking but sleep DRIVING. Luckily she didn't get hurt and neither did anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back