Velvet stimsons python???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt if they're selling them they only have one. Essentially, yes. If you get one animal that is different and breed it to, whatever you like really, genetic morph or not its paterns aren't going to be totally ignored through its offspring. Thats what we call 'line breeding'.

Thanks for that No-two, but if your looking for a predictable outcome then i would gather it is a genetic trait.
Line breeding enables small genetic traits to be reproduced, colour, lines and reduced pattern ect. Genetic traits aren't all albinos and jags.
So as i said if you produce a single unusuall looking individual a product of clutch variation and breed it back to a sibling they will produce simular offspring?

Thanks for that No-two, but if your looking for a predictable outcome then i would gather it is a genetic trait.
Line breeding enables small genetic traits to be reproduced, colour, lines and reduced pattern ect. Genetic traits aren't all albinos and jags.
So as i said if you produce a single unusuall looking individual a product of clutch variation and breed it back to a sibling they will produce simular offspring?

I already answered your question. I guess it was just too hard for you...

To avoid further speculation & to satisfy any curiosity, my own included, I have received a clarification from Snake Ranch on this line, with permission to quote them herewith:
I have asked John about the velvets and he said that the Velvet Stimson’s originated from the Broome locality. We noticed that some of the animals had a particular soft velvet look, we have bred for this trait and whilst it is not as dramatic condition as albinism as such, we liked them and think you will too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back